Steam News: Next Week

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ^Dee^, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Silk

Silk Mapper

OMG best reply ever !

Not that it's helpfull :pathetic:

2. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I personally felt like that is the most pathetic reply ever sent. At least they should have said we're sorry and we'll make a new news message about it that the mod will get released 30th day.

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yes they should make a new news message

4. rat

rat Member

I'm pretty sure they posted it early on purpose, just so they could pin it along with Insurgency and save a news update, which would explain the reply. They could've at least stated the release date.

Another possibility is miscommunication at Valve... Either way they disregarded the release date.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  5. Lithium

Lithium Member

Krenzo demand a second one, they fucked up

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

Ah i don't know, i just talked to someone who was complaining about the empires release date. He said he was so happy when he saw that empires was released that he immediately went to the download page. Luckily for him that was after Krenzo took version 1.071 down. He saw that the release wasn't untill next friday, and he was very disappointed. Note that he was disappointed that valve announced it too soon, and that he didn't blame us (which would be stupid).
    Then he said, and this is the best part, that because of this he now is even more impatient to get his hands on empires.
    - So we've still been in the news, and many people will have seen it
    - Krenzo took the download of the 1 year old 1.071 down pretty quick, so not too many people downloaded the wrong, laggy version by mistake.

It's still publicity, and we crave publicity !

What concerns me more is the lack of new people on the forum, even after we've been on steam news.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I've seen more new people in the past couple of days than I have in the past year :P Not much but it's a start :)