squad skills

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by OuNin, Jan 6, 2013.

?

FOUR favorite squad skills?

1. [E] Mass Revive

85.7%
  2. [E] Mass Heal

80.0%
  3. [S] Recon

11.4%
  4. [S] Mass Hide

71.4%
  5. [G] Artillery

88.6%
  6. [G] Damage

5.7%
  7. [R] Charge

20.0%
  8. [R] Armor

5.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I guess so. It would mainly be a case of trying out both, then dropping one once we work out which is better for the game. Then we can find something different for the 2nd skill, more varied at least.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

wrong again ,spawn protection does that already.

Get your shit straight.

3. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Because getting killed by a hmg rifleman that cannot be killed is not fun?
    Or losing your cv because four riflemen walked up to it with stickies and an engineer with ammo?

Generate enough points, get a jeep, gg.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

D.I.P.R.I.P. has it.

Or you could make it boost everyone's hp to like 400 and then it can't be healed until it's back under 100. Sort of like regeneration from quake except it doesn't slowly build up.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Isn't the hmg terribly inaccurate unless prone? So since you're walking (and if you're not using those precious invulnerable seconds to move forward, you're doing it wrong), there's no problem.

And how is a few seconds of invincibility going to give you enough time to haul ass in a jeep, drop ammo and dump enough stickies on it?

But don't forget that we're talking about a psuedo invincibility of about ~90% resistance. If vehicles do 9999 impact damage at high speed (not unusual for ohko weapons), then running them over fixes the problem. And that's assuming you can't just shoot them with concentrated fire.

6. Z100000M

f d d
    f d d
    f d d
    f d d

Running over does not apply to every situation.
    Also hmg would be gay as one person could just prone and wail away for half a minute and there would be nothing you could do about it.

7. OuNin

OuNin Member

what if you take 50% damage and the damage is applied AFTER a X second period?

8. Z100000M

Looks not that bad actually, but it seems rather cheap when you consider its for the whole squad, and you cna just rev the guy as normal.

9. ImSpartacus

You're spending the points, so you oughta get something cool out of it. We reward teamwork, after all.

Grens can dump arty on buildings and level a radar with a reserve of points. How is that less frustrating than a few seconds of a super tough HMGer? I'd be more worried about riflemen raiding a flag with effectively ~10x health and full ammo. But again, you worked as a squad, so you should get to do something really unique.

10. Z100000M

Radar? Why would you ever arty the radar?
    The two buildings arty is usefull against is the vf and rax., both usually with people around it to repair it. Killing a single building with arty costs a shitton and is only justifiable if you are making a blitz push and want to deny the enemy. You can't do that shit on your own, whereas being able to hit an insta win button in a chokepoint standoff can screw the whole enemy team for little points costs.

If you take a whole week to respond, at least come up with something solid.

Also, you are not even trying to justify that whole suggestion, you are merely pointing out how you feel other powers "may be powerfull" if used correctly. "Its cool" is not a valid reason.

11. ImSpartacus

And wouldn't it cost a shitton of points if you want more than a few precious seconds of effective invincibility?

Chokepoints are the poster child situation for rifleman skills. What's the issue with letting a good squad have a good shot at breaking the lines if they work well together?

The whole suggestion? We're looking at either a super fast regen & speed upgrade or a near invincibility & bottomless clip. Ninjas and tanks.

Both offer completely new strategies. We're not talking about silly little passive buffs.

12. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Can we haz squad skills that effect tanks?

13. Reznov

Reznov Member

Replace squad recon with overheat tank skill by aiming with mouse(not CV). cost 3 points. ranged tank stuns for support?

14. Z100000M

See reznov, I was thinking about some sort of an emp/heat bomb for scout, but everytime i tried to make a compelling argument for it, i just couldnt ignore the fact that it would be only really used after ammasing a fuckton of points to stunlock the cv during an apc rush.

The best i could come up with is making it debuff the targetet vehicle. Perhaps make it slower, make it's weapons generate 50% extra heat or disable special properties of armor. I believe its less anti-cv like that.

15. ImSpartacus

For only three points, it might be better to provide a static amount of heat to the target, so you would have to use it a bunch to made the target overheat. However, if you're working like a team, it could be that little bit of extra heat that disables the tank.

But that's a pretty nice idea.

16. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Remotely giving heat to a target tank is honestly rather unfun, especially considered that there would be no hard counter to this other than denying the enemy team the ability to obtain three squad points. Which is ridiculous.

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Pretty much. I'm ignoring any suggestions to do with heat.

18. Reznov

Reznov Member

wait wait wait ... you are saying that heating a tank is UNFUN? What the fuck is fun about getting killed by mass hide melee scunts? And no, you can counter it by using bio diesel. I meant this squad skill to give infantry an advantage to tanks if they had a scunt as leader and that they were ok wasting 3 points on a tank which is about to kill your entire squad. And don't tell me you get squad points like mad, it is more likely the opposite if it is a pub match.

Trust me, this squad skill wouldnt be worth the 3 points if you would rather go for revive squad skills .

19. ImSpartacus

Yeah, "unfun" is whatever people want it to be. It has nothing to do with actual fun.

20. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

No, remotely giving a target heat is simply not a good idea. There are two ways to look at this: either you make the squad skill give almost no heat, at which point it's not very useful, or you give the squad skill the ability to give a decent amount of heat, in which case a hidden scout can constantly overheat tanks in a giant tank battle and completely turn the tide. If you were to make the heat mechanism somewhat more dodge-able, like ascout squad "EMP" arty that does a ton of heat damage, it would be ok. But implementing something that has no counter is a bad design choice.