Squad Leader weaponry

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Slithzerikai, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I'm sorry, but when i read this, i thought "what the fuck noob, totally not good".
    Seriously, rail-sniper cannon? Did you not see the discussion on sniper rifles and the rules that clearly mention no sniper rifles?

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Solokiller, he was participating in it. This is the idiot that thinks the dev team needs to fix BE medium tanks because of the shitty ass trenches on emp_thetrenchesb2

3. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Because it's not like the BE mediums aren't already the best fuckin' tanks around, right? It's not like they're so awesome they just shoot through the fly.

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Scout: SMG + Scope

Engineer: A placeable healing device

Grenadier: Instead of the normal RPG/MOWTAR a 3rocketmagazin RPG and a
    mortar that shoots sticki mortar nades

Rifleman:

BE: a long range heavy damage slow shooting semi-auto rifle
    NF: a full-auto shootgun

Thats what i think could be usefull

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I have a feeling people just spam random crap to increase their invisible post count...

Singeling out a person in a teamplay game is a bad idea; that promotes conflict, notice that everything that is implemented into Empires incourages people to stick together, if I get a gun that is better compared to everyone elses; I have no reason to stick with my team, when I can just PWN twice as hard alone...

The dawn of war mechanic (Where each unit you make is a squad; and for that squad you can purchase a squad wide upgrade, like better guns, rocket launchers ETC) works because it involves the entire squad; not just a single person, this also creates an alterante currency to that of res; squad points become even more valuble as you use those to purchase the upgrade for your entire squad...

The specifics of what upgrade; the cost; duration and such can be discussed later. But the point is, with that type of implementation, the entire squad is involved with the squad leaders decision, and get instant gratification...

6. Vader6

Vader6 Member

I say Squad Leader equipment should indeed receive additional equipment, but not weapons, instead they should get some general stuff to make their job easier.

Green Smoke Grenade: so they can mark out something to people in and out of the squad.

Modified Binoculars: Same as the scout binocs but without the ability to call arty targets.

Ability to Place a Rally point of sorts? I don't know what it would do...

And to prevent people from forming a squad, reaping the benefits, then heading off to their own wondrous adventures, require at least three additional people in the squad.

But I also agree with Shinzon, the ability to purchase stuff like flamethrowers for your squad with squad points would be awesome.

7. Empty

Empty Member

Rally points can be done now, SLs can order troops around like the comm can, via the voicechat menu. Flares would be cool, but I'd prefer them for comm, binocs would be nice too.

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Hmmmm...
    We could make it so that the squadleader can buy general upgrades for their
    squad. Each upgrade covers on area of the game. Those squadupgrades must
    be good so you take them instead of squadrevive or artystrike and also be so
    expensive that the squad cant buy them all.

Upgrades like that (examples):

Dexterity training:

All classes: Sprint in every direction
    Scout: crouch is as fast as running, prone is as fast as crouching
    Rifleman: Faster iron sights
    Grenadier: Faster reloading
    Engineer: (dont know :( )

Close combat pack:

Scout: Silent poison pistol
    Rifleman: Auto shootgun
    Grenadier: SMG 2
    Engineer: Pumpgun

Improved Electronics

Scout: Real hiding (water shader or something similar)
    Rifleman: dn :(
    Grenadier: Homing RPG Rockets
    Engineer: Dropable healing devices (generates a area in wich infantry regenerates)

and oh well i think something like that would really encourage squadteamwork
    because everyone wants new shiny things to play with :)
    And i think its important to make some interesting stuff for the upgrades
    because something like "everyone gets +50 hp or everyone runs faster" is
    just meh... boring

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I have to agree; theese utility upgrades intrigue me alot more than a simple "Shiny Gun"

10. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Actually. thinking of it, giving the Engineer the ability to drop a health box on special conditions could be a great idea.

Maybe different calculators could be assigned? Like Turret-Wall-Health-Ammo, or Turret-Spotting-Health-Wall. Several kits with each different properties.

11. neube_PL

neube_PL Member

Mayama's idea ftw.; else: it would suck - teams would divide into squads (on [KM] /40 --> 10 squads of 2 people) - and make literally dozens of Squadleaders with uber weaponry. It COULD be fixed with a tricky plugin (I know one Reef who could make it if asked nicely :p) which would decide how many people in squad there should be until superweapon gets unlocked...

But I'm for Mayama's general squad upgrades, so I'll just leave this topic and go support his idea.

12. KILLX

KILLX Banned

neube_PL: a 2 person squad won't gain point very quickly. You still need the points.

13. Reef

Reef Member

I think that special equipment > special weapons. For example we could be able to guide rockets by lasertargeting them: squad leader has to look on the target and a missile fired with secondary fire will aim at the point pointed by the squad leader (or maby it should be build in scout binoculars, not SL, whatever). That supports teamplay.
    This can already be done by try-and-correct method, I once guided HE Arty from commander's view by voicecomm and we blew up the enemy CV from behind a hill on canyon.