Spawning with full ammo. What you think?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dragoon, Aug 10, 2009.

?

Spawn with full ammo?

Poll closed Aug 17, 2009.
  1. No, it would hurt gameplay. People need to worry for ammo right away!

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Yes, soldiers should start battle ready!

28 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I guess if your a noob and don't switch to another weapon and switch back to remove the freeze. Nice try though.

2. Alceister

Alceister Member

As someone else has put one way or another, we have soldiers who have enough time to put on their pants and helmet but not enough to grab enough ammunition. What the hell? I cannot see any way this is "unbalanced", and it makes the game much less frustrating to play when you have to go to the armoury each time you spawn to fill up on ammo.

"Makes ammo boxes redundant?"

You're still going to need them in the field, and dying wastes time and tickets.

3. OuNin

OuNin Member

The commander should have a roster of the entire team which he can check a box to allow certain players to respawn with full ammo however many times, at the cost of resources.

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

No? Jesus just let people spawn with full ammo. Its annoying as shit having to sit there starting at an ammo box pressing E. Srysly, no point to not have it.

5. Caelo

Caelo Member

maybe just have the ammobox fill one weapon with ammo at a time. That way you only have to stare at it for a second or 3.

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Or just bloody spawn with ammo...

There is no reason to make people collect ammo on spawn, ,there is no reason to add all these stupidly complicated systems in to rationalise giving ammo on spawn or to make collecting it faster, there is precious little reason to make people collect ammo in the field, most guns could be given limitless ammo, and things like grenades could be given slow regenerating ammo so that they don't become limitlessly spammable.

People don't need to be constrained by ammo, they are already constrained by the need for other people to help them kill large numbers of enemies, you don't need to add more arbitrary things in to try and force it but which only add annoying things you have to do and lead to annoying tactics like ammo box nade spam.

In empires people don't run out of ammo most of the time, because as long as you're with other people you will have a limitless supply, but you would be with other people anyway because you need them to stay alive, so really speaking there is no reason to not simply give people a limitless supply anyway, the freedom to waste bullets would make combat a lot more interesting, you don't suppress people because your ammo has value, you don't fire while moving because it wastes ammo also, but if you had limitless ammo you'd probably see people being a lot more liberal with their ammo usage, more bullets flying, more tactics becoming possible, generally making combat more pyrotechnic.

Of course I don't imagine we'll ever get limitless ammo, but if limitless ammo wouldn't break the game I'm damn sure giving full ammo on spawn won't.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  7. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Giving infinate ammo would fuck things up though chris, it would just be epic spamfest whenever you got into chokepoints.

Anyway, in most games things like spawning with extra ammo is done by server plugins or variables. add something like emp_sv_full_ammo_spawn and default to 0. can't be that hard.

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I suggested this a while ago and it was nixxed :( Maybe we can talk them into it now :)

I hate spawning in district and filling up with ammo just to get killed while doing so,,same for other maps.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

keep it simple, armory close to barracks makes barracks spawn with ammo is nice in theory but in practice that's gonna be confusing and annoying as hell to know why you get it now and other times you didnt get it etc

spawn gives full ammo seems the easiest to make, hardest to break and overall simplest in terms of mindflow

you could always lower stuff like shottypistol max ammo because it does have a lot of ammo then....

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Keeping it simple would just be having you spawn with full ammo all the time. I can already hear the noobs now.

Emp_recruit: WHY DIDNT I SPAWN WITH FULL AMMOZ?
    Me: Cause your commander didn't place an armory near your barracks!
    Emp_recruit: Whats armory?
    Commander: Here *places armory that no one builds*
    Emp_recruit: I still has no full ammoz!

Just make them always spawn with full ammo. Even If its easy to code in the armory thing you still are adding another element for people to learn, when this game should focusing on less things.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

thats EXACTLY what i was saying yet you word it in a way that it looks like you are telling me i am wrong

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol that's cause I read the first 6 words of your sentence and then just assume the rest is the same.

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I don't foresee any real issues with it being a constant thing, so if you think it's an issue, drop the armory idea. I only suggest armories because otherwise I thought people would complain too much about the possibilities of a ninja rax.

14. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

The poll is closed now, with 80% of the voters voted with yes for the question:
    Should newly spawned soldiers start with with full ammo?

A lot of veterans under the yea voters.
    Maybe the Dev's would consider it for 2.25?

15. Empty

Empty Member

It would be nice to spawn as a gren and then not need to suck an engineers nipple for the milk of bullets.

16. Mashav

Mashav Member

While I am against the straight spawn with ammo idea, I do fully support testing it.(hell, I think we should test everything we can)
    However I do think the vote was rather flawed. There are at least 12 posts in this thread which go along the lines of "yes, but [condition]".
    Requiring that some condition be true in order to spawn with full ammo is quite a ways away from always spawning with full ammo.

17. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

QFT

<filler>

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Spawning with full ammo or at least over 50% ammo should be implemented, and if it had stat tracking, nooblets with a low kill to high death ratio get full ammo, but vets with high kill to low death ratio get the same as now, unless if the commander was baddass enough to build an armory beside the rax.