Spawning with full ammo. What you think?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dragoon, Aug 10, 2009.

?

Spawn with full ammo?

Poll closed Aug 17, 2009.
  1. No, it would hurt gameplay. People need to worry for ammo right away!

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Yes, soldiers should start battle ready!

28 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

I would like to catch people disposition towards spawning with full ammo.

I always felt for me as fun blocker if people go looking for ammo first rather getting right into the action.

Especially classes like Grenadier and Engineers can quickly ran out of ammo. The starting ammo for SMG is eaten up in seconds. Sure you can at least place an ammo crate, but it sucks when you just where en route to an enemy ref.

My second thought is, Empires now feeding 63slot servers combined, with player collision checks, and usable ammo boxes aren't playing out well.
    People block each other to get an spot on the ammo box. Larger the crowd, worse it gets.
    The solution for this problem used by the Battlefield Series would work very well for Empires too.

Turn ammo boxes and armories into an aura. Just staying in vicinity of an ammo box/armory resupply your ammo.

The system is already used with success for vehicles. Vehicles don't have to "use" ammo sources. Its enough to stay close to a source.

As bonus you could eliminate excessive nade spamming that way too. Simply by giving each ammo type an individual "rate of replenish".

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

There is a server with an ammo mod that gives you 10x the starting ammo and 10x the ammo capacity. Its good for fooling around and playing with a couple people but in a serious match it just changes the gameplay too much.

I don't think ammo auras are a bad idea but i dont think its really worth changing that aspect. As for start ammo, it isn't too bad as it is. I think the smg could use a bit more ammo but hardly an inconvenience if your an engineer or there is an armory anywhere.

Personally, I would like to see the ammo increase skill increase your spawn ammo and the gren definitely needs more RPG ammo on spawn.

3. communism

communism poof

Just make ammo upgrade start you with full ammo
    There was another idea about if there was an armory close to a barracks everyone spawns with full ammo also.

4. Omega_K2

Omega_K2 Member

I actually prefer the the idea of having an armory next to the rax if you want to spawn with full ammo.

5. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

Maybe, if we made the first time they spawn(on map start) they have full ammo.

Then it wouldn't remove the need for ammunition and armories later in the game.

This will also prevent engineers from dropping ammo boxes, or commanders dropping armories at start and therefore preventing them from griefing their own team. :pathetic:

EDIT: I like the above idea too, Armory next to Barracks = Full Ammo : D

6. beeng

beeng Member

I endorse this idea.
    May it be implemented with great haste.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I remember they added this thing to 1.8 where you would spawn with your mowtar loaded but if you switched class while already alive you would have to reload. I would like them to spawn with full ammo but not if your just switching classes or picking a skill in an armory.

And I think if you have people spawn with full ammo then less people will be crowding up to get it.. I don't like the idea of ammo aura's.

8. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Yeah I don't see a problem with people starting with full ammo. Maybe not nades but primary sure why not.

Yeah before they changed that you could switch seats in BE apc or keep changing class in an armory/rax and spam rockets at like 3-4x the regular speed.

9. Mashav

Mashav Member

Where's the "Only if a condition is met." option?

Also, commy said what I was going to.

10. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

and while we're at it, you should get one full clip from an ammo box, not this partial clip bullshit

11. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Banned

Q_Q

spawning with full ammo is fucking bullshit.

OHAI I BUILT A RAX NEAR UR BASE, GG 20 GRENS JUST KILLSPAWNED AND FILLED THE BASE WITH MINES KTHXBYE

Why would vehicles need to USE the ammo box? they cant even target it next to them.

ok 3 engis placed 3 ammoboxors, that cannot be destroyed. yay ammoregen is fun lets spam moar nades

12. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

Nice point.

13. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

Did you read the posts? Or are you here to just troll a topic?

We made several sugestion to try to make this ballanced.

Starting with full pistol/rifle ammo(so no grenades/mines/shells/rockets)
    or
    Starting with full ammo only if there is an armory next to the barracks
    or
    Only starting with full ammo when the game starts

Making a post like that is not going to improve the communities attitude towards you.

14. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

As with the thread I made a while ago, spawn with full ammo if you have an armory nearby, do not refill ammo by changing class.

15. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

But what about mines/grenades?

What if players will only be given full rifle/pistol ammo? And on map start every class gets full ammo(including mines/shells/missiles).

then it would be good for early game, but it wouldnt be overpowered later in the game.

And people would only be able to get full rifle/pistol ammo if an armory was located near the barracks.

16. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Banned

Grens get only full pistol ammo. roflemen get full hmg ammo so they can rush and prone somewhere.
    or
    Armory costs 75. so there will always be armory next to the rax.
    or
    Ever heard of ninjas? or #1

and getting more than the initial pistol ammo is useless for everyone except gren

so much shit suggestions.

stop whining about getting more ammoes because you die 50 times per map.

17. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

If you have an Brenodi Automatic Machine Pistol or a Northern Faction Buckshot Pistol then more ammunition for pistols is quite usefull.

Espacialy when you cary a HMG, Heavy Rifle or a Carbine.

If you are angry because I told you to chill out then tell me that in a personal message, don't flame me please.

18. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Banned

If your alone and run out of ammo from primary weapon, you barely get 2 clips of pistol ammo into enemy and your dead. with this lag/tickrate

19. TheAmethystDuke

TheAmethystDuke Member

Well, that is not entirely true(for me atleast). I have had plenty of times were I could survive without my primary weapon.

Machine pistol and the buckshot pistol are extremly powerfull at close range.

Just practise, and if you have problems with lag/latency or frame rate problems contact the tech support.

20. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Banned

lol no im not a nub, join date ftw.

33tick, kinda hard to hit an enemy going left or right near you with shotty imo.

yeah go 1v1 with pistol against carbinewhore or anyone that can hold down mouse1, you lose.

sure you can onehit people with shotty if they are moving towards you otherwise you wont do full dmg