So Dystopia V1 is out...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MrBojangl3s, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah, i agree. I find now that whenever i play distopia i just pick the health thing and never die, as it helps your team no end.

2. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Not that I know of, I used play with these guys on Dail-up when their server was on CS 1.6.

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

Roffles plz!

4. cfreak

cfreak Member

Well, I haven't seen anything yet. A veteran probably would roffle at me for saying that though. :'(

5. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

That tesla gun has IMBA written all over it. Just noticed today... :(

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i want an IMBA. what's an imba?

7. Gelnika

Gelnika Member

It's an e-abbreviation for imbalance

The tesla gun can be quite lethal when using the 2nd fire-mode correctly, which can be annoying especially in big hallways, where there's alotta room to cast it upon enemy crowds.

Also it's a pain for stealthers to approach a tesla wielder, since all he has to do is spray that thing all over the place and once he hits the stealther, he'll just either concentrate his fire on him or quickly pull out his katana and slice him.

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

I think it's pretty sad when a light, who doesn't have cloak, has the most kills on a server.

That being said I like the shotgun + leg boosters + med-thingy. :D

9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

pro tip: if you use the single shot of the shotgun, followed immediately by double shot, you can fire off six shells, almost as fast as you can firing four if you just used double shot.

10. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Been in the receiving end of such display. :( Suddenly you just become airborne... and very much dead.

On the other hand I think my hatred for scouts has translated into Dystopia as well as I seem to have the "Glowing Eyes" reward for most kills with the IR implant on most of the time. :D And for some reason I like to use the M-808 rifle as an assault weapon. :eek: The assault rifle itself could use another 10 rounds in its clip.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

talking about IMBA; don't even bother with the new ES. it has a railgun type weapon with 3 firemodes for incredibly dumb wtf type gameplay. just not fun.

12. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Does ES = Eternal Silence?

And as for Dystopia, if you want a good clan server (that DOESN'T stack lmao) where people are really good at Dystopia, try the WW3 server. I hanged out with them a while back in their teamspeak all the time, then I started playing Empires though, lol.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah, ES does = Eternal Silence.

i really couldn't play it for more than 10 minutes. it's just not fun.

14. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

That's odd, I had an absolute blast. What weapon are you talking about, anyway?

15. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Depends on what VERSION he's talking about, too. I played 1.0, and, like empires 1.0, it had MANY issues. Wasn't as fun as empires 1.0, but still, needed work. ES 2.3 is pretty good, but the flight controls are not at ALL intuitive to the non-flight sim initiate. Take some getting used to.

16. ^Dee^

I wonder why people have problems with the flight controls. I picked it up straight away, they feel just likes cars with a Z axis =/

Maybe it's cause I used to play colony wars a lot and the flight system is pretty similar but I found it overly simplistic =o

17. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

I've always found it odd that the yaw and roll were reversed by default (the scheme works for atmospheric flight schemes, but is just odd for zero-g vacuum flight), but that's a pretty easy fix... I don't know why people are having problems with it.

I was checking out their forums, and some guy was saying that he had experience with flight sims, and that even he was having problems with the controls.

...Turns out by flight sims he meant Star Fox.

18. ^Dee^

rofls =D

Though I have heard of people who play proper flight sims often have trouble playing with simplified aircrafts =o