So Dystopia V1 is out...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MrBojangl3s, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I played the demo way back and thought the gameplay was too focused on quick DM action.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Well, it seems they didn't change anything to the gameplay. Which is why I'm not going to play it soon.

3. Jn.

Jn. Member

I played this game a long time ago. I will not be bothered with it again.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

damn straight.

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I got as far as downloading it, then i just deleted the exe after not installing it for a few weeks.

6. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Fixed :D

7. Gelnika

Gelnika Member

I haven't played the demo, but I'm pretty sure that's where the mod aims at: Quick, intense Team DM- action.

I like how basicly bug-free this mod is. Sure, I've had the spawn together- bug once in a Phistball- server, but when that occured, the player models collided each other, so that me and the other guy got drawn away from eachother, and then we just continued the game. I wish something like this was implemented on Empires someday :D

But yeah, all in all I'd say it's good fun for few weeks. Good way to kill time 'till 1.08 patch :p

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Downloading it now, but not because I want to

9. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Played the new version yesterday. :( It's basically the same as the demo with some new skins and maps. And you still get to wait a full minute before spawning when you're whole team decides to die... Considering the quick DM like action it's sporting that's a fucking cold shower and every time that happens I just want to disconnect and play something that doesn't make me wait so long before I can get back to action. :( Not fun at all, even in slower paced mods like Empires you only have to wait 8 seconds to spawn, a full minute is just too much for me although most of the time the rest of the team stays alive when you die.

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I hope you never play CS.

11. Gelnika

Gelnika Member

Do you mean Counter strike or cyber space? 'Cause I'd sorta agree on the 1st option :p

The cyber space is really neat, tho it takes some practice and requires some layout knowledge to come by with. The battles in cyber space are also a nice change from the meat space- battles, and can get really tense sometimes. Oh and the colors are puuurtyyy :eek:

PS: The community here seems to share alotta hatred towards this mod. Do you guys have some nag with'em or something?

12. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Not that I know of. Is it really hard to believe we find the game shallow? :P

13. Gelnika

Gelnika Member

Well I won't argue on the fact that some people may find this game shallow, but the amount of people on this community disliking it, and half of'em disliking(or "finding it shallow") it for the same reason, does kinda tick off my curiosity.

But oh well, you guys probly just have different appeal factors then I do :p

14. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I like it personally, but only the CS aspect. I enjoy projectile jumping like a madman, and I've got really good at leading projectiles and following them up with a quick hitscan.

15. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I got tired of the type of gameplay because that's all there really was in the 90s. I guess I got bored of it with Counterstrike.

16. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Counter Strike is not so bad, but then again it just depends on who you play with... If you don't want to wait five minute waiting to respawn, I suggest this server.

1776 Gamers
    209.246.170.72:27015

Our rounds dont take that long, & we usually talk alot seeing as how we have all speak enabled, most of the conversaton are funny or interesting thus releaving the pain of waiting five minutes (usually less). We're pretty much a friendly group of people... just don't piss off the regulars (then again thats true anywhere).

17. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Do you kick for high ping?

18. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Yeah, but it also hasn't changed that much over the year they spent from the last update. We aren't so much dissing the mod, we're dissing the fact they spent nearly a year releasing some new weopons, "balancing" the game, some skins and some maps. Oh well, if people will vote mods that aren't even released high ratings on Mod DB then they will sure think Dystopia is the ultimate mod.....

19. cfreak

cfreak Member

Dry, dry deathmatch action. On the upside, it's bugless deathmatch action.

20. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Not anymore. I used to play it like mad back in last millenium(1999) and a bit after the change(2000-2002). I still occasionally take a quick run in CS:S, but to tell the truth you'll usually have to wait less time in CS than in Dystopia. :D

The stacking respawn time is like beating those who have already been beaten, making it really easy for one team to absolutely dominate the game.

I simply hate waiting in a game that's supposed to be about fast paced combat and adrenaline rush. It kills your killing wibe when you have to cool down for a full minute(in worst cases more... God I hate it when there's less than a second to go and someone else decides to die and the counter jumps to 8 secs and then some more people die and ARRGH!). It's like a bucket full of ice water thrown on your face every time you're just starting to have fun.

The sad truth is that I find PVK II more fun than Dystopia. I do play Dystopia from time to time, but like I said those moments when you're fury is doused by one minute downtime kills it for me and then I usually disconnect and play something that gives me my times worth. :cool: