Skrimming G-string

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Paradox, May 8, 2012.

1. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

That's partly because you have not motivated your players to play. You first have to play the game more often yourself (and not DotA2). Plus you had so many mergers, there AREN'T anymore clans to fight against. I called this a long time ago, starting with Consortium naive poaching.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I have 1 merger and that was too basicly kick start the clan, they were part of the foundation. How dyou want me to motivate my players to play a dead mod? I wanna motivate them by giving them good games, eg skrims not public games that end up making everyone rage.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Stacking is frowned upon so how on earth can we even play together. Society made our clan what it is today.

4. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

You want to have scrims, yet you don't want to motivate your clan members (or yourself) to play the mod? You can't have it both ways. The mod is dead because of your attitude. There are plenty of competent vets out there with the same attitude. If all of them stopped thinking like you, we would have servers filled with players like the glorified 2.12 days.

Grantrithor: You don't have to all stack the same team. I had to encourage players to split between the teams and fight each other. You learn nothing (plus it is boring) if it is a steam roll every game. I have seen many "g-string" members stack then, ironically, cry that this game is "boring" and "not fun" because there are no good players (in the other team). I always try to join the "lesser" team, and you would be surprised on the number of competent randoms that play the game. If I had the time as I used to (maybe I'll will?), I would be recruiting them and training them like the original Consortium did. But paradox just wants to do it the easy/lazy way and poach existing members from dying/dead clans. It shouldn't be a surprised that now those clans (MEG, BSID, etc.) don't have the players to scrim.

5. Paradox

bro, ask anyone in the clan that I have told them from the start that they should try to stack as least as possible, right now you're just saying this is wrong this is wrong and everything is your fault. The goddamn mod dieing is my fault all of a sudden whilst I'm trying to keep it alive by making a new clan and skrim and play a random predator team, and what have you done to keep the mod alive? ... how is it poaching from existing clans? I had members of meg and legion and a lot of randoms, you need to get your goddamn facts straight, me hobbes uninspired and rob started this clan, hobbes is/was basicly the leader of meg. And Legion joining us is a merger so how is that poaching? I'm merely trying to give those members something to do? Stop being such a retarded dick.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

How about no?

7. Paradox

How about yes?

8. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Name me another viable clan, excluding an undead BSID and inactive EPIC, that will be able to scrim you. Enuff said.

9. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

If paradox spent as long organising his clan as he does on his school work... Sorry, I mean bitching in this thread this would actually be quite a good scrim

10. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Add playing Dota 2 to that list.

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

That's like asking for a viable server, excluding VIPER or EPIC, the amount of players on empires is just too small to have two active clans at the same time nowadays. Sure, g-string sort of finished off MEG which was the only stable clan for years, but it's not like our clan boast insanely active numbers, unlike Consortium which was largely "active" because it was essentially 50 pubbers who got to wear the tags. We may be 36 players but school, work, other video games make the numbers dwindle. There's also the fact that this mod ends up sucking because the only metagame is to know when the annoying pubbers are on and when the cool pubbers are on, so you'll know to play at times when the game will be fun.

I'm just giving my two cents on the amount of suck Empires accounts for.

12. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Then you need to actually be active and recruit these so called "pubbers". These "pubbers" won't be considered "vets" in your eyes if you never give them a chance.

No one said organizing a clan was easy. But apparently, no one told paradox otherwise.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I daresay WMG is right in that pubbers should be encouraged to join clans as "junior" members so that they can get the experience when playing sidelong with the real vets, being coached by them and showing off with clan tags. I just think it would make them a bigger credit to the mod, and encourage them to stay.

14. Trickster

I always used to recruit members into feeder clans to train them up to a good enough standard.

15. Paradox

I cant be asked to sit in spec million hours a day to see them spec and recruit, I've recruited a lot of "random pubbers" already in my clan. I'm not even going to bother in this thread anymore. It's not like you guys play or anything.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

It's enough to play along, see if someone sticks out of the crowd or has potential, and then maybe spec/coach him for an hour or two.

It's harder than "fuck this I'll play dota" but it will make the community grow.

Then again, effort. Not everyone is capable of putting some into a community.

17. Paradox

I have recruited pubbers but right now, go play a game of empires, noone sticks out. Like noone goddamn sticks out. They are all just not good anymore, the average skill level has dropped with the average amount of pubbers.

18. Trickster

ITT Paradox complains that making a clan is hard work.

Boo hoo.

19. Paradox

I'm not complaining about making a clan hard work, I'm complaining about you guys complaining about me bailing when I'm not

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

Play more -> vets see your name on the server* -> vets join you -> skill level increases -> pubs step up their game -> you notice skill -> you recruit -> ??? -> profit

*I'm being positive!