Simple features/bugfixes/polish that you would like to see in the future

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by wealthysoup, Jan 23, 2012.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

I meant the way the engine handles gibs, nothing to do with the math involved....

3. flasche

oh so you cant set origin and direction of gibs i see ... but dont understand ^^

4. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

are plasma mg and cannon bugged???

if not, fix them to make them useful, should be easy as pie.

right now they only ruin the game for anyone that could/would research them.
    please fix....its as a great support weapon concept (when it functions right)

This is the kind of thing comms could actually opt to research after mediums instead of going heavies and then outfit APC's with them to support med's(maybe they have less map control and are more poor). Helps slippery slope....

Hell, you could even make it a three slot MG if thats simple, so that ONLY apc's can use the MG and make the plasma cannon super heavy so no one can mount two.....there are ways to get this re-added to the game.

realistically it should cause little to NO heat to fire-ee. Just balance it with ammo clip size and reload time. DONE. K thanks bye.

5. flasche

support concepts dont seem to go togehter well with the research in empires.
    also what so great about making all tanks stand still and not being able to fire, what is its counter?

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Water bucket weapon, although if the map has no water plasma will be overpowered

7. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

its a support assault mechanism
    its a defensive base protection time-buyer
    it adds a "new" element to a fairly stale research game

cv would be immune to HoT (heat over time) specified in CV armor script ( i take it CV still has unique armor?)

counter could be reactive/absorbant if you give it a HoT resist as the name would imply...reacting/absorbing the heat

afaik, we have resists built-in, might need to add/rename one more (unless there is a currently unused/broken one in code)

outside the box anyone?

also, if it's easy, which this is starting to become NOT, alter HoT to only affect firing and not mobility (this would take some serious consideration due to its game impact, but it feels more fun)

8. ba'al

ba'al Member

DIstance counters to move, attack, guard, etc orders.

9. Reznov

Reznov Member

Already been said but god damn it add hotkeys for squad commands.
    Really annoying that people don't understand what F-S-Space means most of the time.

Also maybe a different camera angle for NF Jeep so the rollbars are not blocking your sight. It's already difficult enough to handle that thing.

BE Rocket-/Mortarlaunchers modeling isn't exactly fair either, nor does it have any advantages against the NF one. Maybe make the BE Rocket-/Mortarlaunchers ... BLAST SHIELD (Candles makes things sound OP) ... immune to concussion effects?

10. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Blast shield is the proper term, and actually it is properly sized, considering the firing mechanism of the rocket. It would make more sense from a realistic perspective to give the NF a large blast shield, but from a gameplay perspective it should be eliminated entirely.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Jephir actually just already added this about 2 weeks ago.

12. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

side dish, but is the rollbar jeep accessible to be re-modelled w/o rollbars for major visual increase in fun?
    if so, i'd heart a crack at it.

'

13. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

There's a thread about that somewhere already, but I couldn't get it to work for my game.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

You can't do it with steampires because custom content is broke, but if you open the gcfs and copy all the files into a folder in your sourcemods folder, you can then use custom content and just run empires the old fashioned way.

15. Trickster

The removed version did look a bit silly, Bumgravy's where he only removed it from the front looked better.

But I'm more than open to getting that looked at, but it's not modelling, it's texturing. Afaik Bumgravy spent ages working on the texture to work out which part was the rollbar, then just alphaed over it, as well as that stupid bulb thing on the front.

16. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

to the alphatexture-mobile!

17. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I'm working on messing with material properties and making things like proper, better looking bullet hole decals for every different surface. Grass, dirt, concrete, plastic, rubber, and buildings all use the same ugly bullet hole decal; it's literally just a matter of updating a manifest file and adding a few materials to the .gcf if you want to add new ones.

18. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=10946

from the above posted link...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  19. Trickster

Yeah, it's better in terms of visibility than Bumgravy's but it LOOKS worse. Just like I had a BE RPG with no blast shield at all, just a floating crosshair. It's better in terms of visibility but I certainly wouldn't make that official.

20. ba'al

ba'al Member

Add a sound effect for bio poisoning, like a cough or heavy panting.