Simple features/bugfixes/polish that you would like to see in the future

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by wealthysoup, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's not exactly a contradiction, I just wanted to keep that particular one short. It sounds like bollocks (and it probably is), but the theory was that the added pressure involved behind the bullet meant it had an unstable trajectory. I.E. it destabilises the bullet.

Some of the others are almost wildly insane, and that's because I read the text (like smg1 said it was accurate on the move), then I checked the weapon (for the smg's I asked Trickster), and sometimes I found it was just wildly different from the text. As ziooom says above, the BE assault rifle has major crappy accuracy moving around but is pretty deathly if you stop moving. This is in sharp contrast to BE's heavy rifle, which actually is heavier and more bulky, but is more useful while moving.

So I had to make random crap up, like the weapon is stabilised by its bulkier profile, compared to the assault rifle.

Having said that, if you think something makes more sense, I'll happily change it, and it's meant to be changed as the weapons themselves change too.

2. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Yeah (@teef) thats a good idea for rifle 1, I still dont understand where to aim for nf rifle 2, it just looks so unintuitive

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

What do you mean? Just aim at the middle of that circle.

4. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

It's not the More power = Less accurate part that gets me; that makes sense. It's the whole "Lower recoil but higher accuracy" part. You could say that it had greater recoil.

Also, for that matter, compound gas system? I think shorter barrel and stronger cartridges would be a better explanation.

The idea is that you place their head in the sights so it fills it fully. Kinda' like a cradle.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

It was still a massive bitch to do though, I did it before as a test when removing the NF Ranged Rifle's scope. For something as small as that it's probably not as much work though

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

For the record recoil =/= accuracy. A sniper rifle has good accuracy but also great recoil.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Well, like DDD said, the BE Assault rifle has recoil coming out of its ears but at rest it has great accuracy.

The reason I stated it (BEHR) has lower recoil, is because it does, lol. It also has lower accuracy than the assault rifle. It also has greater power. Well I think it does, not sure about that one.

/--Oh, the compound gas system was for BE SMG2, my bad. Well, considering how sleek the X6 is, SMG2 doesn't have that reasoning for a gun that shoots similarly (and sounds very similar too). I was thinking if the Empire can make a useful weapon be so trim, what was the reason why SMG2 was so fat? NF's SMG2 looks fat because it's a wartime bodge job, and fat or not I think people feel it gets the job done. BE's SMG2 looks a tad unwieldy (to me) and I figured it might benefit from some proto-tech. Using a gas cylinder isn't exactly new tech, so I figured it would be fine (and I didn't write gas chamber because, you know, internet).--/

Stronger cartridges/caliber I used in two or three other places, I think, so I figured why not use something different. You're right with the barrel, though, it didn't even cross my mind.

You're the devs :p whatever sounds good to you guys should really be what goes there. I'm just happy SMG1/SMG2 now have names (they're weren't my names, lol), and really I was just waiting for lots of people to hate the change. Which is why I didn't mess with anything else.

---

Look, I want to make this clear, aside from a couple of changes to NFAR, NFHR, and the grenade phrasing, I really didn't do anything except put flavour text for the names. Then I checked they matched up to how the weapon currently fired, and changed them to suit (I didn't touch all the weapons, either). There are a whole bunch of people here who could and would have done the same, if they realised they could (and could easily ask a dev). Or possibly have been around enough to get annoyed at pre-alpha names.

Anyway, my point is, I take responsibility of what I've added but it's not code or a map or anything that really matters, so if you guys want to dump it, rewrite it, feel that the guns should be nano assisted, you totally can. Write what should be there :) You can probably tell from my signature, I LIKE writing, and while I do like that the weapons now have the names that were kinda decided a while back, flavour text is going to be changed whenever the weapons change and really is just for fun and immersion.

I merely just went "this gun has cack accuracy, what would that sound like if I said it in the game world?"

Long post is unnecessarily long >.>

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i dont think many take offense by a bit nonsensical weapon descriptions as long as they accurately describe the weapon ingame. as some said, the majority will probably never read it that mindful anyway.

9. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

I found what I was looking for after playing payday last night.
    If you are having the semicircle sight there should be a (very) small line to mark the centre and the height of the aiming point

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, it's not a big deal.

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  12. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

Hope Misfire! can help.

I got some old but anyoing (at least for new players) spawn bug.
    How to reproduce:
    -start a new match and spawn on either side
    -select your starting barracks and spawn
    -recycle your barrack as comm and build a new one close to the original location.
    -bring up your spawn selection map
    bug: -> it seems that the new barrack is already selected as new spawn after construction is finished
    -suicide and bring up your spawn selection map
    correct: -> now the barrack is not selected as new spawn point anymore and you have to reselect it.

Most anyoing about this bug is that you dont understand why you are not beeing spawned, because you might have missed the "Select new spawn point!" display on screen, because it just flashes up for like less then a second and is then gone forever.
    Experienced players just know how to get out of this situation by reselecting class and spawn location. New players may be stuck here.

That means in addion to fixing the bug, it would help to keep the "Select new spawn point!" flashing on the screen as long as there is no spawn point selected.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

Just have it come up every time you try to spawn, if possible.