Scrim League Replay & Score Thread - Post all replays in here

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Jun 15, 2015.

1. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

It's because we are only playing open maps that favour homing rockets and missiles in general. The two (legit) BE wins were on Cyclo where we played smart with our tanks and had "op" plasma, the second was on duststorm where we won the early skirmish really hard and ended the game in 10 minutes before NF could get any kind of tank advantage. Oh and there were some games, forest in particular where BE would've won if they just got arties to destroy our last base.

In general I always pick BE first because I know it's harder to win, if we do win it will be a huge moral boost for my team because they know things are easier on NF, if we lose they can go "oh well" we'll win on NF anyway.

So yeah, if you don't manage to end early with BE, before homing meds/heavies come out, your chances of winning will become lower and lower as the game goes on.

Tbh most maps become a pretty big stalemate anyway(looking at forest again) so I wouldn't mind playing a chokepoint map where BE might have a bigger advantage.

Also research is so fucking stale, can we nerf physics already or buff other trees? There is zero innovation, everyone just goes reflective, fission and 50. cal. It's so stupid that the best armour, second best engine and best early game tank weapon (50 cal.) two solid mid game tank weapons (ranged, plasma) and a very strong lategame tank weapon(nuke) are in the same tree. A suggestion would be to swap the stats of Abs with Reflective, so reflective becomes weak against rockets and such while abs becomes strong against them.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Yes, it sure helps when the people who bitch about everything leave after game 1 in a fit of rage.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Lighttanks too good. NF jeeps too good.

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Also you guys are all shit as gren. Single mines were EVERYWHERE.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

I must agree, I didn't get burned by live defusing mines a single time, and I ran into a lot of them.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Single mines are the way to go early game though. Later game yeah you ain't doing much except killing the random engy in a jeep.

This feels like a very confusing statement, they both have a resistance against cannons and missiles, no weakness. It's just abs doesn't resist missiles as nicely. It wouldn't be bad to give reflective a weakness against missiles maybe, I feel like there's some sense in that the explosiveness of missiles wouldn't reflect damage as well as a solid shell from cannons.

That said, considering homing tends to line itself up with a tank a lot of times it seems reflect doesn't kick in. That and compo is right in the tank tree, so it's a very minor detour for both a good armor and engine. But hey, if everyone grabs that then that leaves options for all the other weapons right?

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Well, there are upsides and downsides.

Piled mines are waaaaaaay more devastating.

In round 2, I drove my reflective LT onto scattered 5 mines, I didn't even want to dodge them and I was right, I survived.
    If they were piled up, they could've tossed me over the hill.

But you can argue that single pile of mines is also much much easier for the enemy to just drive around, especially considering that BE mines are extremely obvious for maps like ward/duststorm.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

Scattered mines are mainly a support tool during tank fights, as they discourage (not deny!) going through certain areas.

A minestack is a trap that waits patiently to actually kill when sprung.

9. Scythe

Scythe Member

I've excluded the 4.1 game because it was won with infantry and barely any tanks were used until the late stage of the game, where the outcome was already decided. Also, while the mid push by Quebec was excellent, I do think that the main reason we lost is because of miscommunication/no planning on our part. I might be slightly butthurt about that as well.

10. Z100000M

Youre only killing jeeps with them. If xray planted stacks of 2 those would have been lt kills not point farms for engineers.

11. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm used to being able to fire at tanks/apcs while they drive over mine fields, which does kill them.

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the trick is to lay out your mines so that they dont explode eachother but still hit the same vehicle if its ignoring them - that requires some battlefield awareness and more important experience though.
    mines can only delay a push attempt anyway, no matter if you stack them or spread them for max damage - youll only get one, if its early maybe two vehicles. sure it adds with players, but it adds either way.
    the more spread out the higher your chance to deal damage though. what use is a stack noone drives over - replanting a mine takes no effort and if its no random jeep running by you probably should be somewhere close to your mines anyway.
    ofc if you spread them ppl can break, but youd be surprised how often you guys dont break ;)

the dumbest thing you can do is to spread your mines perpendicular to the predicted route - only two or three will hit. ive seen that a lot from new players. guess its a misconception, in other games mines ohk vehicles.

also ofc on non-chokepoint maps this doesnt count. put stacks close to or inside your main/important base.
    at least thats how i see it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

36:50, now that I look at the ninja again, I think it was doomed to fail.

Their ninja squad didn't have sufficient ammo to kill the CV and there's no ammo box I believe.

LAWLIET YOU ARE DYING. My voice even cracked. :|

$100 question : How many people called Lawliet a retard.

14. Z100000M

ITT people who are not good at gren.
    many

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

At least three?

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I usually make layers because I'm walking forward. I zig zag while walking away from main so I get them to go like

o
    --o
    -----o
    --o
    o----
    --o
    -----o

It has the width so vehicles have to hit them, and they'll hit multiple, and if they die at the top, there's still some left throughout to the bottom

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yes something like that is what i leave behind aswell. its map dependent though, people have their favorite routes, you just gotta know the "racing line"

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

My replays are now being uploaded. Apologies for the delay.

Game 1 will be up 45 minutes from this post (probably).

[Youtube]GKbe-f-qUFE[/youtube]

19. Z100000M

[youtube]KWygwo9pNKY[/youtube]
    That ward round was even faster tham i remember it seems.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Is this the correct video?