Sabotage entirely too powerful now

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TheFoo, Mar 20, 2009.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Might sound arrogant but every time I played scout recently, it wasnt my
    awesome skills it was the stupidity of the enemy team that helped me to
    sabotage everything behind the lines on maps like emp_canyon or even money.
    Play scout and you will find your gaming experience full of wtf moments because
    you cant believe that nobody sees you or that people follow you for 5 sec and
    if they dont get you they lose attention and run away...

2. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Best situation is when enemy even runs over you. ^^

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I'm not skewing your arguments, if you have 3 barrackses and all 4 members on your team spawn at only one of em, theres no point in having more of em. I'm not defending scout sabbing, I'm putting it into perspective, because removing scout sab damage is not going to defend those lonely refineries.

In my first post, I said that I doubt it's really scout sab, since scouts still need to take their sweet time getting upto an mg turret, while a jeep bypasses it.

If you have 4 players, per 2 spawn at a barracks, they should be near the sabbed bases, where it should take less time to unsab than the scout having to respawn and come back (jeep problem already mentioned in my first post).
    If it means that the engi has to follow a scout all the way around the map, you're doing something wrong, since the enemy will have 1 unit less dedicated to deviate your push. A refinery should still be defendable against scouts, and if it's not, thats because either the scout is spending too much time on it, or you're not spending enough time on it. Or the other option would be that he's bypassing defences with lets say a jeep. Did you try walling off refineries?

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

the majority only repairs the barracks and doesnt look for the scout

5. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Qft---

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Good commanders are busy actually commanding and so don't have time to stare at the base, most of the time structures have random smoke on them anyway, and there is no purple smoke as far as I know, it's been broken since the smoke was replaced with particle effects.You can't mark hidden scouts as targets, and one engineer will probably get killed and certainly can't stop every building in a base from being destroyed, scouts can sabotage much faster than engineers can repair.

A scout can do as much damage as a small tank to every building in a base simultaneously without any effort other than holding E for a few seconds, that is far too much power for one infantryman to have, especially when they can bypass turrets and evade capture very easily.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  7. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Can a hidden scout be marked as target or be seen by camera?

(Two important facts to continue discussion)

8. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

no.

<filler>

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I think they show up on cameras as diamonds but you can't target paint them.

10. [PRKL] Werihukka

[PRKL] Werihukka Member

One time a rifleman ran over me, stopped and looked back, stared straight at me, turned around and ran away :) Also, hide proning and melee-killing people is funny as hell.

11. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

But if he is visible commander can target him. Will the target be removed, if scout is getting hidden?

Someone has to test this ...

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I have tested it, if you try to target a scout the target will not stick, simple as that.

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

if someone stands right on top of you, you become more invisible

14. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

Are you sugesting that if I take a scout with hide and place him inside a group of 18 people he will be totally invissible?

HOW FRICKING AWESOME, ima try that one out.

15. TheFoo

TheFoo Member

No, the level of invisibility is increased with the more surfaces you are touching. So if you're on ground you're X% invisible, and if you're on the ground with someone touching you, you become X+X% invisible. (Not exact equation just an example)

16. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

actually if anything is directly on top of the scout he will be completely invisible, old trick to place mines on scouts at flags or crawl under something.

arg, this thread has too much zealotry to reply to atm, not enough time! :(