rifleman

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by flasche, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Michael

Michael Member

I see the Roffle like this: Anti infantry at long range. Anti armor at close range. Can change the close anti armor ability to further become anti infantry. Now thats nice and well fit the game.

Primary Weaponry: long range roffle, assault roffle, machine gun.
    Long range roffle maybe good or better at long ranges, but generally become unwieldy for close encounters, especially the NF rifle. (which currently has bugged ironsights thus losing its long range effectivness.)

Machine gun IRL is good for long range fights, while in emp it is inferior in that, comparing to the rifles, also the MG itself is very inaccurate if not proning, and so PRONING is tactically not very good in closer encounters but IS NOT an issue in long range fights, where the weapon is... almost useless (you may hit standing / running targets only.) So yeah MG sucks atm.

Assault rifle (Heavy rifle in BE) is the absolute best choice for roffhle, especially when getting tanks [applying the dmg bonus for vehicle weaponry.], since there will be a time when he has to hop out, and 99% it will happen close range to enemy.

I think it is more important to discuss about the imbalances beetween the sides, in terms of weaponry, though it's also a question why having the AR beat the other two choices? Of course there may be rare circumstances when the AR happen to be inferior but generally its not, so it has no decisive / tactical factor, option in what weapon to choose with roffle.

2. Reznov

Reznov Member

NFAR is OP. HMG needs nerf. NFHR needs buff.

My rifle buddies will approve of this.

3. Apex

Apex Member

IMO with playing rifleman as a pug roflwhore
    Long range - NFAR > BEHR
    Mid range - NFAR = BEHR
    Close range - NFAR << BEHR

Long range - NFHR = BEAR
    Mid range - NFHR < BEAR
    Close range - NFHR <<< BEAR

I do love the NFAR's accuracy, but it's horrible when close range facing multiple enemies vs the BEHR. Both have excellent accuracy when fired in 3-shot bursts, but the NFAR can just fire bigger bursts before you take a split second break in firing.

I don't touch the NFHR/BEAR anymore so my opinion of them may be dated. When I did use them, the BEAR could be used very effectively mid-long range with crouch+iron sights. I couldn't get a feel for the NFHR because of the iron sight being slightly off.

The machine guns are a mid-range chokepoint/area supression weapon and I have no idea on how to change it without making it over/under-powered beyond making it a deploy weapon(animation/coding support I know).

As for their anti-vehicle role I seldom get a chance to sticky since I see myself more valuable as a Defusal/Gren Armor vehicle driver or base repair/ref grabbing engineer when the vehicles start moving out.

4. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

Stickies are very OP, here is why:

There is no other weapon in the game that is more effective against tanks. Preemptively, someone will go "NEINMEIN!", but no. It takes ages to set up, and it's not mobile. Stickies are shake-n-bake and as mobile as you are.

Rifles are very OP, here is why:

All the other pew-pew is derkaderp peashooters. Pistols are ok I guess, except for shotty, but SMGs are so bad it's not even funny. Close range? Nope, you get owned by rifles 100%. Long range? Nope, you get owned by rifles 100%.

MKII was the best idea you've ever had, here is why:

Because its freaking light tanks with pew-pew that is not derkaderp.

Also, we need a derp smiley. [​IMG]

5. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

But you also have to get really close to tanks which is hard on bigger maps like duststorm, especially against experienced drivers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but rifles are supposed to be better than smgs and any other pewpew weapons in the game. The rifleman's sole purpose is to kill infantry, of course he will have the advantage in that area.

6. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

I'm not arguing that rifles are good, I'm arguing that every other weapon in the game have horrible accuracy, and the damage is close to negligible when two dead centre taps with a rifle will stop him from throwing peas at you.

As for stickies, nah. Speed upgrade, knowing when to attack and a bit of luck gets you further than lobbing shells or hurling rpgs at enemy armor. At least for me.

7. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Rifles are not best pewpew in game, SMG2 is.

8. Reznov

Reznov Member

smg2 is almost like the flamethrower from TF2 but less m1+w.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yey rappemongo gets it. thanks a lot, i really thought id be the only sane one here ...

10. Sweetie Belle

Sweetie Belle Member

I prefer casting want it need it on a grenade.
    Works everytime.

Still, you're riflemen are irrelevant to my LT. Even if it does in one hit to like...everything.

11. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

With a 50 ping a mortar shell instantly leaves the mortar, with a 250 ping it almost takes half a sec to fire the projectile. Same with rifles but you dont notice it, BUT rifles have lag correction.

12. communism

communism poof

BEAR sounds cooler, thats why scrubs only use HR
    (sry i meant play rifleman)

13. Empty

Empty Member

Basically this.

Infantry combat with hitscan is pretty easy, I only have trouble when I get lagspikes or my ping is fluctuating. hitting moving targets up close with a mortar is nigh impossible with high ping though.

Vehicles are HILARIOUS. There's roughly a 2 second lag time between pressing and releasing ANY KEY and the vehicle responding.