rifleman

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by flasche, Apr 18, 2012.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

can you tell me why the brenodi ar with the many bullets is more accurate then the one with only a few and what roll each of those rifles is supposed to play?
    i barely play rifleman and if only when theres a lot of infantry outside a rax. i just played district 1vs1 with polak and realized that it makes no sense whatsoever to take ar2 or do i miss something?!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. Reznov

Reznov Member

Brenodi Heavy Rifle:

- Close combat situations, mid - long if your experienced enough with burst shots
    - Decent accuracy with burst shots
    - Lots of ammo for close combat situations
    - Average damage

Brenodi Assault Rifle:

- Mid - Long combat situations, close if you can control the recoil
    - Very accurate rifle while ducking/proning
    - Magazine a bit shorter than the BEHR
    - High damage

Basicly every experienced rifleman uses BEHR most of the time because your almost expecting more than 1 enemy in the battlefield so most of the time you won't be using BEAR because of the little ammo you have at the start of the round.

BEAR > BEHR in situations with some enemies.
    BEHR > BEAR in situations with many enemies.

Another thing is the BEHR's first shot is ~90% accurate even if your moving while the BEAR requires that ducking/proning to be accurate which is another reason to take the BEHR.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

behr is less accurate tbh, it has more recoil and what not,,, bear is more accurate and less recoil. Thing is behr is more like, med close range, go in and pew pew everyone whilst bear is more like, longrange pew pew next to rax armory or ammobox. I find both equally fun good to play with.

4. Paradox

basicly what reznov said. btw I've discovered this awesome way to use bear med close range, use mortar tactics but on bear, you see him jump in air, aim fire 20 bullets when ducked, works like a charm

5. Reznov

Reznov Member

I kno my rifles bro, dun ask me abut teh HMG tho or i mad.

6. Paradox

where's megaman when we need him, or connexion!

7. flasche

going prone in empires unless its to hide behind something is a death sentence why promote this? to me the bear seems to have become quite useless ...

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'll be honest. I nerf the HMG every patch to make people use it less, because I don't like it. Not for any reason of balance. I just don't like it.

9. Paradox

wow, prone is not useless at all, wtf have you been smoking? proning to riflesnipe longrange with behr is really usefull, going prone to get more accuracy to snipe someone from a far ( gren ) before he can get close, is really usefull, prone in general is erally usefull cause you are harder to hit, even vets have trouble shooting proned people. BEAR isn't useless, you just need to learn to use it tbh.

Dickster, you should make the hmg work differently, make it have less ammo, like 100, give it only a certain arc where he can fire in and make it have a set up time, problem solved

10. flasche

bushman

and all this stuff about prone gets void as soon as you have the first vehicles rolling, the maximal survivable stance is crouched. the behr is accurate enough to spray someone to death at 2-3 rax distance even without ads. and empires really isnt a game where you are conservative with ammo or well you usually dont have to ...

my point is that camping (and thats what a weapon you are required to prone with more or less forces you to do) or defending gets you nowhere in empires. so i consider this weapon (the bear) useless.
    i think behr should be inaccurate, close(r) range spray weapon while bear would be an accurate assault rifle. i dont think there should be that much of a damage difference - how much that actually is. i dont really give a fuck about raw numbers, if its too high/low you can always remove/add 1dmg in steps.

also single shot should always be accurate, whod construct a rifle which cannot hit a shot if perfectly aimed, srsly guys, thats unimmersive.

11. Trickster

Because I can totally do all of that without any code, model or animation support whatsoever.

Oh wait, it's totally the fucking opposite.

12. Paradox

flasche I never said anything about camping? with proning I basicly mean, jump crouch prone, shoot to death move on. not like, prone move forward in prone, keep proning, wait 100 minutes, shoot 1 guy. And lol vehicles in pubs people dont even look at proned guys that arent moving cause they cant see them cause they stupid... I mean, you should try this, when you see a vehicle and you have no AT, just stand up head face towarsd a wall and dont move , they wont spot you, same with being proned etc. done this a million times, worked 90000 times. And Behr is pretty inacurate tbh, the recoil is massive

13. Trickster

Prone is effective when used for mobility, not camping.

14. Reznov

Reznov Member

Try to kill hopfi with him having the BEAR, your gonna go fcking nuts. I mean yes you must duck/prone to be accurate with the BEAR but if your aim is quite good you can easily kill any infantry with 4-5 shots (not including headshots) and it does not take long to get those 4-5 shots out since the ROF is fast. Trust me, most BEAR users only duck for a short time to kill their targets, WAY faster than the BEHR especially at mid - long distance.

And flasche, if rifleman are close to enemy tanks their doing something wrong or they have enough stickies to deal with the tank.

About proning... you can use it for offense. Without prone I would ragequit this game. :C

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

With enough resolution I hit way better with BEHR than BEAR even at extra long ranges. Iron sights are very easy to use and to me it seems to be 100% accurate in Alt2 even without accuracy upgrade. I did favour the BEAR at one point for a very short time but it just doesn't have the same versatility, its OK in a defensive infantry standoff but otherwise I tend to steer clear of it.

Basically the BEHR is a do absolutely anything & everything weapon. You can engage at any distance effectively. Huge clip allows you to hose 2 people whilst sprinting and still have ammo left for 2 medium/long range kills, with ammo upgrade/box you can even supress as good or better than the HMG.

Most of the time I'm not even a mediocre rifleman but whenever it is all coming together and those kill streaks are rolling I am always carrying the BEHR. Simply the sum of it's strengths outweigh the sum of it's weaknesses in nearly every situation I am in as a rifleman - though it is not my most common class.

16. Paradox

Well BEHR is more for the offensive players more like cod style, and bear is more the silent killer. like, I dont think behr could ever win against BEAR if bear was defensive and behr was offensive tbh, the rof and accuracy whilst holding in mouse 1 is just way higher than behr in rush mode.

17. flasche

why hold the button, i thought itd be pcgaming 101 to mash the button. also real men dont crawl around on the floor!

18. Paradox

Noone really said we moved when we are proned it's more lik jumping in air ang landing crouched and going on your belly in less than 0.1 second shooting someone in the face, standing up whilst reloading and jumping. Rinse and repeat. Sounds manly enough.

19. flasche

sounds more like a broken game mechanic. this stuff was pretty bad in bf too ...

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I like prone tbh. It usually helps a lot with avoiding shots and hitting my target, and it does work as a sneak tool.