rifleman

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by flasche, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Empty

Empty Member

behr is meant to be fired running from the hip.
    Ironsights actually make behr worse because trickster sucks cocks.

bear is for pixel sniping aka empires standard infantry combat

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

to me it makes no sense to have the weapon with a huge mag be the run and gun weapon. i really see no downside of the behr ...

3. Empty

Empty Member

At ranges above 50 meters the BEAR is far superior in dps, accuracy and stopping power.

4. flasche

bc you want ppl to stay away as far as possible from eachother? i think with such open maps like in empires you should do everything to get people moving closer together without getting mowed down by camping rifleman when running over flat plain open ground (and there has to be such areas or you cant build shit, its the dilemma of empries, its in the game)
    also once apcs (or other vehicles) are around you probably never have to cross a distance of 50m anyway.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

BEHR is actually really good using ironsights. It shouldn't be, and I absolutely didn't want it to be, but for some reason, it is. It makes me sad. It's supposed to suck using ironsights, the scripts say it should suck using ironsights, but it just doesn't.

6. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Why should it suck using ironsights? Isn't it supposed to be better?

7. Reznov

Reznov Member

Cuz it's actually logical. We need to empirerize it so it's unlogical like everything else in the game. :D

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Ohh so pushing W on your keyboard should make you strafe left while turning right.

9. Reznov

Reznov Member

yes and hitting enemies in reflective tanks should actually hurt yourself cuz reflective is reflective and all dat gud reflective shit. REFLECTIVE BOOLETS.

10. Apex

Apex Member

..But you'd have to fire at it at a perfect right angle becoming more perfect the further away you are.

11. ViroMan

Can something be 100% reflective? As in to shoot a bullet strait down and perpendicular to the object and have the bullet bounce off and travel the exact same path back.(ignoring that air viscosity and velocity would effect the the now smashed bullet differently then when it was its original shape and mass(bullets sometimes shatter parts off when ricocheting))

12. flasche

13. ViroMan

14. Reznov

Reznov Member

In empires everything can be possible so ye and y r we talking about this anyway? is empires logic taking over real life? ...

O: !on hO

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc

16. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I doubt it, do that to me.

Brenodi Heavy Rifle:
    GOOD in all ways because of moar ammo.

Brenodi Assault Rifle:
    SUCK in all ways because of low ammo.

"I dont think behr could ever win against BEAR if bear was defensive and behr was offensive tbh,"
    I doubt it again.

Under absolutely no circumstance that I would pick AR.

17. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Security, if you wanna come at me come at me, I'll be proned and you come at me = I'm defensive you are offensive + proning against non proning, I'll win almost everytime cause I have accuracy advantage and have set up my iron sight. Don't act like you are any good anymore cause you've proven in the skrim you arent

18. flasche

here have a nice tent.
    [​IMG]

thats what i said before. its absurd to promote such gameplay on plain open maps with almost no natural cover. and as soon as explosions obscure your vision you all start to crybaby and install some hacked particles.
    you cant have quake and arma at the same time, thats simply impossible. either the one or the other gameplay. either its slowly and defensive with proning around for hours waiting for the enemy (its exaggerated) or you rush into the enemy over and over and take some with you ...
    and empires at the current state is won by bold rush gameplay.

its btw a reason why id be much for removing the scunt rifle to bring that back up again too ;)

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

U mad becaz I banned u?

Let's have it realistic way.

We are not shooting each other on a wide open free land without a single cover, and my legs are not freezed.

I am able to use more shit as my cover while standing + how hard is it to shoot at a dead meat? You are then standing a little chance. (not zero, you do have your advantages but I have more.)

Accuracy advantage? my skill alone is enough to balance it out.
    Ironsight in place? bitch please, like I am derpy and I will leave my cover from exactly where you are aiming.

Let's not mention if I want to play it the dirty way : a nade and you are half-dead. After that it's as easy as fuck to screw you up, if you don't run for health box.

Seriously, don't think it works for pubber and it works for every one.

20. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

bro, a veteran with bear can take down any player if he just shows his head, have you ever seen hopfi play with bear? He'll just insta pop you if you even show a toe.