Research stealing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aurora, May 24, 2006.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

THIS, EXACTLY ...

you got rid of 9mining because it would "promote lone wolfing". you get rid of scoped rifles because they only lead to people feeling epic when they prone around somewhere in the shadows waiting for their kill they dont get anyway because a tank ran them over.

SO WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO IMPLEMENT THIS?

all that "omg im so pro"-players will go scout and try to get to the enemies radar. and in the end they will get stuck in the door, because every one of them tries to get in at the same time just to be "the one that won the game".

but i gotta say that the basic idea of tech stealing would be interesting. but seriously, i can see it causeing more harm then you get from it.

2. Firedrill

Firedrill Member

i gotta say that in the main base the com has way to much to do already when its 30 person game.please dont make the com watch the !@$# radar too for scunts.

3. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Its a suggestion from 2006 oO and since then there were some "reseach stealing" suggestions, its too freacking unbalanced, 1 bad placed radar and you lost ... not to mention that a scout sabotages everything and not only the radar, that makes it very random which team will win ... ;(
    ... but yeah techstealing sounds nice, but is too OP and a gamebreaker, gameplay would become obsolete ... ;)

4. Demented

Demented Member

Park your cv against the entrance to the radar. =O =O =O

5. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Or just don't implement tech stealing in the first place.

6. Demented

Demented Member

I like your idea better.

If this suggestion is completely gamebreaking right up until someone parks their CV creatively, at which point it becomes useless, that's got to be a reasonable indicator that it's a bad idea.

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

What the christ does that add to the game?

Who on earth wants to spend the game crouch walking from one base to the other? It will be the most boring job in existence while also being the key to victory because research advantages win games.

8. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

I haven't read this thread but just to let you guys know, we already have a sourcemod plugin that steal technology from the opponet. This is how it works.

Once the enemies radar is sabo'd, Any in-coming research they do is shared between both teams, hince "stealing their technology".

Ex. BE scout sabotages the NF radar, NF researches 3Phase just after the radar is sabotaged, BE then gets 3phase as well.

Now this doesn't mean, they get the technology that the enemy already had, just what they research while the radar is sabotaged.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

thats actuallyt a really cunning way to implement it