Remove the scout entirely from the game

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by -Mayama-, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Androc

Androc Member

True, but an engineer on a rooftop is entirely useless. A scout with the scoped rifle is the only one that could possibly be effective at that range. Besides, the engineer has a much more valuable role on the ground: healing, building, and reviving.

EDIT: And that was only meant to represent what the scout SHOULD do. Frankly, most people who play scouts suck. We either need some sort of massive public information campaign, or I'd say the devs are perfectly justified in changing it.

2. Jäger

Jäger Member

i actually completely disagree the scout is very usefull. its just a different style of play.

true they dont contribute to squads if the squad is far away from them well why not have a squad of all scouts. they can roll through on a jeep sap all the enemy buildings and get out quickly. a team of snipers can supress enemy infantry from building turrets, rocketing friendly armour/buildings, sticking friendly armour, and much more.

scouts can defend a forward posistion and not even have a shot fired at them.

you have to do the scouts job as a scout not the rifleman's job

the scout class' problem isnt the lack of usefullness its the lack of understanding of their usefullness

3. Dragon-Commando

Dragon-Commando Member

Removing the scout from the game would be a very bad move.

I play as the scout all the time, my specialties are marksman and spy.

As a marksman I've supressed an entire wave of infantry on my own, and even killed the commander from almost half the map away when he stepped out of the vehicle to make repairs to it. This gave my team the valuble time they needed to prepare an attack that destroyed the enemy's entire base.

As a spy I've infultrated the enemy base and relayed vital information to my team. Set up a plan, and then executed an attack plan by disableing the enemy defences long enough for my team to get in and destroy the enemy's main base.

The scout should never be removed, but people should be shown how to use it, possibly a scout tutorial or something.

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I love this thread sometimes.

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

vital info? meh, just sab their radar and VF, and find some glitched spot to stay perfectly hidden. Or if you have squad points, get in a corner and use the hide squad power. Them having vehicles come out half dead is great help, and their radar sabbed lets you see what's in it's vicinity.

6. Dragon-Commando

Dragon-Commando Member

Thats a great way to chance getting killed and do absolutely nothing useful at the same time.

they'll just repair whatever you sab, but if you tell your team what thay are building it can give your team that extra edge of knowing the enemy's strategy.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

all this seems to reinforce my view that the scout and his cute little rifle are VERY much enjoyed by some people; and removing them from the game will only remove a large element from the mod.

@quote from androc:

that hits the nail right on the head. what forum?

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

This fits here well
    The scout fans think its perfect as it is.

The majority of these threads are new people who say don't remove it because its fun to snipe.. Then you have the people who are the best players the game has ever seen.. People who know this game like the back of there hand posting in all these threads with reasons of why it sucks and why it should be removed.. Just trust the dev team and quitcha bitchin..

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  9. Androc

Androc Member

It was my recruitment app for the Tacticians-Strategists clan. I could make it into its own topic in gameplay, if you want. I've been thinking about it.

10. Caelo

Caelo Member

The scout needs some boobytraps!

11. communism

communism poof

Meh I've been playing scout for about 3 days straight and I've got to say they are DAMN usefull if used right
    Sabotage is amazing, and I'm not talking about turrets

When 2 commanders get two barracks up right next to eachother if one team has a scout that sabo's then raids to kill at least half the engi's repairing that racks is going down. smg2 + accuracy = win

12. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Is there any chance that the scout gets a usefull hide... like the stealth
    in dystopia for example? I mean atm a scout with hide stands out more
    than a prone soldier without it.

13. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Maybe the Scout should be renamed to Pioneer, so he gets a shovel and the ability to create cover out of earth and maybe even bury jeeps to hide them from enemies, then bury them back out to keep driving...

It'd be awesome if he could create holes with that too, or even tunnels :D

To prevent him from invading enemy bases too easily, they're just built on bases of concrete.

Man that'd be fucking awesome.
    Shame I think I heard this wouldn't work.

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

But he has a 1/4 chance of breaking his leg when he falls out of the back of the wagon.

15. Jäger

Jäger Member

sherbie.....im just gonna say wtf???

its a combat game there is no pioneers lol this isnt civ

also if your thinking of a class that can build things on the battlefield like cover for instance........hmmm i wonder where that is ........... ohh may be the engineers walls?

16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Private sandbag contradicted himself, big time. Now we remove the ranged rifle, kthnxbai.

17. Androc

Androc Member

I cite my earlier huge-ass post as opposition to this.

18. arklansman

arklansman Member

Or we can take one of those roles and make it more important. ;o

19. Androc

Androc Member

But why eliminate a perfectly functional role? That just dumbs down battles, which hardly seems like the objective of Empires.

20. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Cuz.. It's not perfect? ;)

Edit: You guys sound like scouting, is the only thing you do in empires! Do you never get into a tank? How useful is a scout inside a tank for example?