RC 15 Patch - Kamasutra Edition

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Is that scout's new sabotage icon?

2. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

3. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

4. Chahk

Chahk Member

Nice :) Next, can you make an icon for throwing the Scout under a moving train?

I'll reserve my comments on the whole Scout situation until I play more games . So far from what I've seen, scouts are mostly being used to disrupt operations of the enemy team, especially at the begining of a round. Wasn't that the idea behind this class in the first place? I hate getting sniped as much as the next guy, but I have to admit the class is now being used for the purpose it was designed. Most players are just caught by surprise, and as soon as they figure out a viable counter (*cough*walls*caugh*), the gameplay will balance itself out.

I have a question regarding prone. Aside from making yourself a smaller target, are there other benefits from this position? E.g. better accuracy? I can't seem to find an answer in the changelog.

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Accuracy is actually worse because of a bug. It'll be as good as crouching and possibly better. Beerdude sent me some changes to make things like the HMGs almost require prone.

6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

as of right now, I've heard talk that prone accuracy=standing accuracy, which is a glitch... I mean, a feature. But I'm sure it's fairly high up on the change list, and involves switching a 1 and a 0 somewhere. Or, more then likely, magic.

edit:
    oh snap, beaten to the punch!

Almost by scary coincidence, I was about to edit my post and suggest prone for HMGs. Creepy.

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

Firing the HMG while standing should make you fall down. XD

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

If you need good accuracy while moving during prone, you need to move around on your back, and aiming upside down is a little hard to do, especially if you don't remember going upside down :p.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

REVIVALS SPAWN IN PRONE PLZ!

<caps>

10. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Or at least do the prone -> standing anim.

11. picard131

picard131 Member

Yeah. I saw nebajoth get revived while prone, and he got up as soon as he was revived. I thought to myself; "damn, that looks sweet!" I'd love to see that in there, at least the anim.

EDIT: Also, there's 7 players on the RC 15 server right now, and it's passlocked. I dunno if they're testing something and need a closed enviroment, but if someone else put the password on, could you possibly PM or post it? I don't see a thread here with a server password.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  12. [MAYDAY]

[MAYDAY] Member

since two days I'm getting a combined steam & Norton Antivirus Error when I try to start emp1.08...

steam tells me that this game is not available at the moment, and Norton Antivirus informes me that a "trojan horse" has successfully been blocked....

was there any new steam update which causes this error? I never had this before...

and: pls don't start any flamewars reg. NAV - I'm fine with it. period.

13. Caelo

Caelo Member

they are making a Trailer.. I could post the password here if it's okay but else just visit the IRC channel @ irc.gamesurge.net (#empiresmod)

Mayday: try excluding the steam folder in NAV eg. so it won't check for infections and the lot in that dir...

14. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

MayDay, are you double-clicking on Empires in Steam's game list or right-clicking? I heard Norton is just a regular bitch and needs to turn off auto-protect to play.

15. [MAYDAY]

[MAYDAY] Member

I don't think that this wozld help, because the targeted-file is a ***.tmp, located in your local tmp-folder...
    and thats a dir that I really dont want to be skipped ;)

16. Caelo

Caelo Member

just shut it off if you want to play 1.08...

17. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

That actually almost happened to me once on the firing range. :D One of the lieutenants was screaming at me to stop firing when the barrel began to point at the sky(I'm quite light weight and they picked people based on how good shots they were with RK-62). Short bursts(4 to 6 rounds) are actually quite accurate up to 50 meters from standing(you can't hit shit if you shoot when you're running though). Hell you can even choose the body part you want to hit from that distance.

I see that you've updated the smilies while I was gone. :cool:

18. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

God, I go away for a week and you go and release TWO patches!

19. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I think I have figured out why I hate the scout rifle so much. Screen resolution. I've been using 1024x768 since 1.0, and it's been fine for everything... untill this current scout rifle appeared. I tried scouting on emp_desolation, and I didn't do very well (most of the time the enemy heads were 1 pixel big or not visible at all.) So I decided to up my screen resolution, and this time around, I got quite a few headshots. The scout rifle favors he who has the better GFX card.

20. picard131

picard131 Member

1280x1024 FTW.