RC 10 Patch - Let Down Edition

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, May 9, 2007.

1. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

zimm is kinda outnumbered here

2. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Yea Friday is good. Just have it late enough that those of us on the east coast have time to get off work. Damn europeans:p

3. Align

Align Member

4. zimm

zimm Member

That even happens on the server so i'm used to it ;-)

I'm not sure how many EU and US people are on these boards, so we have to make sure both of them can play. Best is during the weekends I think because for example GTM+1 8pm (West European time) is around 2pm for the US EAST coasters.

5. Silk

Silk Mapper

If you want me (as european) to stay up late to play, it has to be this friday (or another friday).
    Normally saturday would work as well, but not this weekend since the whole town will be partying untill ... well the next morning offcourse.

6. eth0

eth0 Member

Well despite Krenzo giving RC10 the moniker of the "Let Down Edition" i'd say that while that in quantity less changes where made in this release, the long awaited (confirmed!) fix for the cant-join-a-squad-after round-changes bug is very welcome by all of BSID and doubtless many others in the Empires community and worth the download alone!

From a server admin's point-of-view, i'm looking for to the developmental progress of the porting of server-side stuff to the client-side.

Well done Krenzo.

PS: I few people have enquired regarding the disappearance of the BSID servers, put simply they are down to encourage people to play-test on the Official 1.08RCx but rest assured will make a public return when 1.08 is finally released. Apologies especially to European-based players.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

yeah this is a cool patch

BUT

the last (and only) time I have played it, I got a LOT less FPS. I really wasn't sure what exactly this was- currently, my startup options (as they have ever been) are:

-heapsize 524288 +sv_forcepreload "1" +cl_ragdoll_collide "1"

yeah, you're going to yell at me because of the ragdoll thing, but it's always worked ok in other versions.

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It's possible that your performance may decrease a bit because your computer needs to calculate the movement.

9. Silk

Silk Mapper

Everything seemed to work for me

And have the vehicle turrets changed? They moved a lot better. Note that there were only 4 people on the server, but still ...

No problems with lag (except once, when i moved back a good meter) and no drop in fps.

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The vehicles aren't changed as far as i know, Krenzo is working on that now.

11. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

You're not doing anything different from any other version as far as movement is concerned unless you turn prediction off. Prediction is already calculating client-side movement about 7 times every frame. RC 10 adds one more frame to calculate, and that's only if the server side setting is turned on which it's not right now.

Nothing about vehicle turrets changed. If it's not in the patch notes, it hasn't changed.

12. Deiform

Deiform Member

Where the hell did all these junior members come from?

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

someone leaked about the forums release so new people are flooding in to get it?

14. flatmush

flatmush Member

England.

Edit: wow I'm not a jr member anymore, I never noticed.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

haha i remember when you were a jr which wasnt that long ago.. i like how krenzo gave you the new title

16. KILLX

KILLX Banned

rofl, only just saw that

17. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Haven't you noticed? There has been a surge of new registered members since the 1.08 forums release. I think this thread is the main reason why.

18. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I can't run people over anymore if I start going fast....

:(

It used to be really handy when I was in comm. Can it be revised?

Other than that, this release is outstanding. No more damned squad bug >_<

19. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

this could be an odd thing that's only happened to me, but i've had people from both teams being briefly invisible. Just when they first come into my vision for half a second or so. The guns arent invisible just the people, and it wasnt consistenly happening either.

has anyoneelse seen that in this release? either way I'll try and narrow down whats going on (since a vague bit like the one above is fairly useless)

20. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I don't think you should be able to run someone over if you're driving at walk speed, since i could easily waltz over everybody if that was real.