prop requests

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by supaste, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Slasher

Slasher Member

Dose the model have purple and black checker boxes on it?

Anyway, I'm going to send you another copy, this one fixes up the mass and small errors on the textures.

2. supaste

supaste Member

ok thanks!

and know it dosnt, but if something does this means i has no texture file right?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  3. Slasher

Slasher Member

that or, the texture is in the wrong location.

let me konw when any problems arise.

4. supaste

supaste Member

they already did i cant seem my model!
    but i can see it in cossision box!

some 1 help me!!

5. Slasher

Slasher Member

I don't know what wrong with it,

these two thing may not help but give them a try.

1) Go to where the texture are. And open rubbish_skip.vmt in notepad and check if it's like this:

"VertexLitGeneric"
    {
    "$baseTexture" "Common/Props/rubbish_skip"
    "$model" 1

"%keywords" "empires"
    "$surfaceprop" "metal"
    }

2) go to where the model is and delete the rubbish_skip.xbox.vtx one. You don't need this because it's for the xbox.

Also have you try it not in hammer but in game?

6. supaste

supaste Member

well i thought that solution 1 would do the trick as file was full of this stuff:-

VTF P õ==–#4=á—Š= €?

os ªUÿos ªUÿs ªWÿs$ ªUÿ')$‰á©
    æ ¦È|„ÖG)e¨ü¼th1¥''·µ')ª¡© G)eºÚž éADöþþ¬ˆ1Æ•77.s! Uª s! Uª Óœ Wªªª.k õ Bæ9þÿÿÿ-c¥ÿúÿÿnk ªUU îb Uÿÿ
    cC Uÿ×Ð{$ÿUÿ s ÿת s ªUÿs ªUÿs ªWÿs$ ªUÿ')$‰á©
    æ ¦ˆ|„ÖG)e¨ü¼th1¥''·µ')ª¡© G)ešÚž éADöþþ¬¨9Æ•7·.Õœ UªªªÕœ UªªªÓœ Wªªª.k õ Ð{UªU Ð{UªU Ð{UªU Ð{UªU Ð{UªU Ð{UªU Ð{UªU Ð{UªU ¨1D¢Ûùýh1¦‚m}G1e ¯Þþ‰1#Šooo
    ^^^¨9Æ€}UUh1Æ }ûUêAÅÊeom! áƒ&1†zâ~þ)¦ýÐZï!dJènnˆ1¥|èü\!¥;°Þ·æ Æð¢ÖçêAÅeMMÅ') ©¢â¢')ÆõYbB&1†zÚýæ €@ÈŠˆ1Æ\|TTæ …ú^æ …‹àâ}h1cÇKJG()#’³£©)…æ&¼¬')…é ˆK!…wÿMeéAÆV\Vvæ …o‰‰ÿ!„½‹*(
    B¥eeMÅ') ¡¢²²)Eª
    ¯÷)…c°òyç „gŽˆGêAæ VTTÜ!¥z
    !Ƙ¸ª…É9¤ÍOOM
    cª UU
    cª UU
    cª UUt” ÿUªª
    c$þV
    cª UU
    c$ ÿU
    cdï} è 1„ªU Uè 1„ªU Uè 1„ªU Uè 1„ªU Uè 1„ªU Uè 1„ªU Uè 1„ªU Uè 1„ªU UyÖ…ªÿÿÿxƆªÿÿÿyÖ…ªÿÿÿyÖ…ªÿÿÿxƆªÿÿÿu­ŒRªUUUxƆªÿÿÿyÖ…ªÿÿÿxƆªÿÿÿu­ŒRªUUUyÖ…ªÿÿÿyÖ…ªÿÿÿyÆ…ªÿÿÿyÖ…ªÿÿÿyÖ…ªÿÿÿyÖ…ªÿÿÿ1„! ªUÿ1„! ªUÿ1„" ªUÿ1„C ªUÿ1„! ªUÿ1„! ªUÿ1„! ªUÿ1„! ªUÿ1„c ªUÿ1„B ªUÿ1„C ªUÿ1„D ªUÿ1„D ªUÿ1„D ªUÿ1„C ªUÿ„c ªU{H) Å(…ïWU‰ç …
    -+/!¦ðppøæ ¦€-ë{1…_bâ¯Æ …+ëùí! `âb`©9G)¨è~Wg1Æ(þ^_h1Å ª½ýG)Æ è~×')Æ¥ï/')Æ€úúüh)æ /õUõˆ1 @BBB!! ¡©Å(†‰êêúæ(¦ååÃÂæ †èú°X)¦}^XWÆ e
    úêªÆ …Ë®®Šç ```bˆ1!j``xæ …èú~~æ ¥%­­íæ ƶ·þ·')Æ.¯ýU!żªz_')Æ®*/%öƒ ç ©1¦U_ظ'1¦ïÁË9¦]_ZØ)¦Õ¹ÁAæ ¦ÿì¼7')¦õÙó{ç ```â©9!|||x!¥Zà€€!Æý­ŠŠ!Ƨõ!Æë‚«yæ Æëþ¸êh1Æõµ5-Ê9 jb``ç ƒƒ')¦ëââ^)ÆK^\tæ ¦¾Wv¾&9¦Iu×þÅ(¦µzàø)¦w~|Æ àà`@ˆ1!x\\xæ ¥€î÷ÿ!¥êÿWæ ¥oï¯æ ¥ûð`öæ Æêõßðh1Æ-?½µ
    B bbbb! «¡æ ¦íƒºÞ!¦þñé
    æ(ÆÕa©¶1¦öíëÉæ ¦Uz_Væ(†îƒƒç @@``©9!|\^^æ Æ®jxræ „¾¾žº!¦£êîÿ!¥÷}ë‚æ ÅðWU]!¥55/Ê9 bjjjH) )…ÿþüö')æ ‰¡åH)¦÷z`ZG1¦Knõç …ÿýªøå(¦kV^wç ``@B©9Åxxxxæ ¥ëýÝßæ ¥¿ý{_Åe¹ûûæ … ïíýÅ…€xøþ!¥ÿÕ©9 bbjb() æ †7?»*æ †Œúzú)¦uÃ#/')†§©ƒ‚G1¦Wë‚ÆeêÂ@ŠÆ BBB@
    ^^xx!¥UW~êæ …ýÿ¿'æ …Yzà€æ …õõ/*!¥Uÿºâ'!¥÷•µ5Ê9 bbbb() ««ç ÆíR»z'1Æ_^\W'!†¿Ë«G)¦Ênß·'1…ÂràX¦e 88¦() bbjj©9æ x\\x!Åjzj{æ ¥µ•Uµ!¥úûÕß!Æî쪢!Æû‰‰G)¥=???
    B bbbb! æ ¦³r¯1†÷ãáõ1ÆUá£*'1¦‡‰ã‹æ ¦UêÖ4¥ †÷ãsŠ) jjêà
    Bæ ~|||!Æênxªæ Å×êÀæ ¥ÿþ׸!Å¢£³¢æ Æ­­ª«h1æ 5µ½¨9 @```() Æ…ªºþ‚Æe
    üÞ«ç …
    ««êG1ÆÍ}ÕÕæ(¦½U\Ôæ ¦NþÞ_()@âbbb*B')\\||'!æ u¯·
    ')Æÿÿêª'!æ Õjâú!Æ"»¿ö!Æ»«ëëh)¥//-/ˆ1 @@@@G)!¡© F)ƪU E)†õ/¿ F)ƨ_ F)Æ}¢ÿ F)Æõ
    í E)¦WþU G)! âbj ¬RG)^~~ éA'!UuU é9ÆÿÿU é9æ UUÕ éAæ UUÿ
    Bæ UU_ KJ!õý¯ KJ jjjÀ°s U ª°s U ª2„ U ªª°s U ª2„ U ªª°s U ª°s U ª°s U ª°s U ª°s U ª°s U ª°s U ª°s U ª°s U ª°s U ª°s U ªÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿÓœ­ZUU ÿRŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ RŒÉ9ÿÿÿ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ ûÞ')ªÿÿÿcߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ ôœÍZ UÿUcߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ ûÞ')ªÿÿÿcߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ cߪ íZlRÿÿÿ íZŒRÿUÿ ÍZŒRÿÕú íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZlRÿÿÿ KRíZªªªUÍZŒRÿU« ÍZŒRÿUª íZŒRÿUÿ ÍZŒRÿÕê .kKJÿÿÿªíZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ ÍZŒRÿÕê íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿÕÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ íZŒRÿUÿ Ôœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª UÔœ ªª U¨9 '''É9! ú_¨9ç ÿÕU¨1ç ÿUU¨9ç ½ÕUÉ9') ®÷Õé9H) ªÿ}É9! ú_W¨9! ÿU]È9! ÿUUÉ9¦ ªÿÿ¨9ç ÿUU¨9ç ÿUU¨9! ÿÕUÉ9')€ÿUUˆ1 šššÉ9ˆ1 ¬ö¬É9ˆ1 û}È9H) þ^_é9h1¯õÝé9ˆ1 êÿ Bˆ1
    ¯UU Bˆ1 ºUU Bh1 ª×U
    BG) ªÿWéAh) ªýUéAh1 ªõUéAh) ªUéA'! ªÿÿéAh) *¿µ*BÉ9ý}*B ¨ÜÜÜH) ')Æàøxpç …ªþWÆe€ªÿÿç …+½ýµ')ÆŠ­µ­')çª<š!¦ ÿfV!¦¿ýý!Æ ˆX}å9Æ UU?;1†ÿUv\ç …«ÿýõæ ¦
    ¯÷U!Æ Š«ýæ É9ˆ1¤ôö÷¨9h)¢úâ^h1!¨àh~ˆ1!+¯ÕU¨9!¨¯ÿUˆ1')€®ÿõg1! êx~g)æ ®þWG)Æ ºW·H)æ «ýÿh1!¢ëU_G)æ ÿWUG)Æ*«ÿÿ¨9!/¿õÕ©9G)«í­É9 ÜÜÜÜH) '')Æ`px~¥ eºº$
    Å0…U}ëâÆ…'Oí!¦·-©û'!ç ßêl~æ ¦WiCkæ ¦½¯¯ÿæ ¦¾z_1e*·æ(e èCƒ‚¦…
    /é7Å †¿¿¿è!Æ ­«! ˜˜˜˜ˆ1G)Œfgwˆ1!¨úþ~')Åàúòr!¥ãß«_!¦*½/µ')Å
    ªªÿ')Åàú~!¦ª^®®!Æÿÿÿª'!æ ý]ƒG)æ ûX~!Æê<œª!Æþ¶Š®')Æ¿»+ªˆ1')5--é9 ÜÜÜÜ! 'æ †ÀÀÈÈ¥ †/7ÂÅ(¦àXVU¦…,:ˆ)¦kkÏB!¦ðÞ«»!…¸þ÷½1†þÿ®hÆ …zxûb¥ …�•+æ0…âÿ×ߥ …,¦Äh¥ ¦@@Êâæ(Æãû‚ÂÆ ˆ1G)÷把h1!x|h|æ ¥ÐòØÅ… âªæÆ…¨- ­æ Æ©£ÙÝæ ÆhW¿æ ƺ7+š!Æø‚¢ûG)æ ?¿åy')Æèþûÿ!Æ¿:ªú!æ שׂ
    ')!¥ç§/h1G)-%½õ©9 ÜÜÜÜç '''æ Æî÷7×Æ ¦ÜÚ›¦…€à.ûå(¦¯-*ºæ0ÆZÖ¸Ü!¦¸¼x~Æ †1ûŸ)†€ªÚÛÆ ¦üöüþ¥ ¦–7WUÅ †òú¿ªÅ ¦~×–½æ ¦ÙÙûëæ Æ€êýÿÆ ˆ1G)‚ŠÊêh1Æøøzzæ ¥^ÔVþ¥eìüàðÆ…¯¥‹éæ ƾ”¼Öæ Æû]qæ Æ-úÿªæ Æ*½ú¶!¦¢)ûÿæ ÆÒûéæ Å:ÞÞ_!¥
    ¯ïÿG)!-�Õˆ1G)寮÷ˆ1 ÜÜÜÜç ''''æ ¦ÿŸ*Æ(¦¿ÿ¾ ¦…;;Š&9¦}m¥%'9Æz{þèæ(Æçw´Å †ÿÿÿ¾!¦Uuµæ ¦ÿ¯,ç ÆU_úúÆ Æw_ïÿ!¦õÿ÷æ ¦ë阮!Æÿêêê

(that is only a small amount of it as well lol)

but it seems not...

i got rid of the xbox file as well this didnt help ether....

and slasher try and get some one else to recive the finished file and see where they get i dont know if its me or the file.

7. Slasher

Slasher Member

I think you opened the wrong file, your ment to open the .VMT in notepad not the .VTF

who else should I send the file to?

8. supaste

supaste Member

dunno... some1 who would know what to do with the model straight away like horney rabbit... but he hasnt been on for ages...

oh and it seems i did get the wrong file the .VMT was correct and i had changed the .VTF

what should the .VTF have in it?

PS. im currently working on a dumpster model = ]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  9. Slasher

Slasher Member

the .VFT (Valve Texture File) is the texture it self, it's not met to be opened with notepad.
    any file can be opened with notepad, but if the file not met to be opened with notepad, you get a bunch of Gibberish. as long as you don't change anything, it will be ok.

WAIT A SEC...

I just found out what the problem was.
    I was able to reproduce the same problem.
    If the model is in the wrong file-path, it won't work.
    The model files needs to be in Empires\models\Common\props_urban\rubbish_skip\
    If you want them somewhere else, they need to be recompiled for that file-path.

10. supaste

supaste Member

try resending me the whole file with a new readme of exactly where each file goes = ]

11. Slasher

Slasher Member

ok i just send you a new one

12. supaste

supaste Member

i had just put them in the wrong files. thats why the wireframe and texture didnt work!

looks great!

13. Slasher

Slasher Member

so, any changes you want on them or anything?

14. supaste

supaste Member

umm my only real complaint is that is to big....

the scaling is changeable right and you it after the modle has been made? It needs to come about halfway up to head height.

15. Slasher

Slasher Member

Easy.
    I have scaled down the rubbish skip to 65%
    I also change the mass from 900 to 700
    and I have already send it to you.

16. supaste

supaste Member

ok cheers... we need some requests... and i need to finish things that i start...

17. Slasher

Slasher Member

I've done more on the rubbish skip for the last time (maybe?)
    I gave it bumpmapping and specular (reflection) and now it looks really detailed. The scratches looks 3D ish.

And for the mappers, I am eager to take on a request, it could be any sort of prop or props, Hopefully not to complex.

18. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

How about monuments? So like statues of war heroes or something? Too compilcated?

Or get some collision meshes on the barrel/crate models, that'd be handy.

19. supaste

supaste Member

what sort of monument are we talking about here?

pictures?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  20. Broccoli

Broccoli Member