Police Shootings, The Death of Philando Castile and the violent consequences

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantrithor, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

So, I present to you what happened, explain the scenario compared to some European Laws, explain the definition of self protection, explain why cops are a tad more jumpy in the US yet you still want to throw up "COPS CANT DO WRONG, CRIMINALS ARE WORTHLESS". You are completely disregarding EVERYTHING I wrote to support your argument. Of course criminals are worthwhile, they can be reformed into good, hard working citizens. However, failure to comply with law enforcement, even when pinned, and it is reported you have a gun then you should follow their orders...

There is a saying in Law Enforcement: "Only the guilty run"

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

so you shoot them ...

3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Again with the disregarding everything else written, god you are a laugh riot.

Did I say "Only the guilty run so shoot them"? No. It is not a cops job to pass judgement and they know this, that is why they have the Miranda rights. However, cops can have suspicion on people who are guilty to use in court, because why would an "innocent" person struggle against the cops or run away from them? Complying to their orders makes the whole ordeal smooth and easy for everyone!

4. flasche

so why have there been about as many fatalities by cops in the last year as in the recent 30 years in germany if you take into account the population?
    either your police is out of control or incapable.

and i dont mean any and all, im sure there are many more decent cops than bad ones. but you defend the incapable ones which are out of control.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  5. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I explained this earlier, but you disregarded it because it didn't fit with what you were saying. Cops in the US have more to worry about than Cops in Europe.

6. flasche

why might that be ...

7. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Why should I acknowledge you when you don't acknowledge my posts? That is gross disrespect for me who researches your points, counters them, and replies to them in full.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

HERES A GREAT BREITBART ARTCILE THAT YOU SHOULD READ (vicki, trump, omega, etc)
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...eekend-incarceration-in-a-baton-rouge-prison/
    Lee Stranahan: My Weekend Incarceration in a Baton Rouge Prison
    one choice quote so you know what you're getting into (this guys a big time anti-blm conservative, btw)

man are there so many good quotes in there i wish i could quote it all. you'll just have to read it.

and after reading this i would like to respond to trump's law enforcement quote "only the guilty run"
    i do not want to be in the same cell as a murderer just for being at a protest so fuck yes i will run

9. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Alright I read it. Thanks for the support to my argument:

Look at that, a man didn't fight with police, was nice to them and was treated fairly... Shocking isn't it?

Wanna argue with a speeding ticket that you believe should not have been yours? That is what court is for where you present your case yourself, you don't even need a lawyer (In fact, I've never heard of anyone using a lawyer for a speeding ticket).

The man also clearly contradicts himself, three reporters were arrested that night, he goes on to say there were 30+ people put in prison and claims reporters were targeted. Doesn't sound like targeting to me, in fact based on the video footage I'd say it's most likely a phone recording, which lots of protesters do so he was MOST likely mistaken as a protester as police usually don't arrest reporters because that leads to extremely negative press, and they don't want more of that.

I'm interested in HOW the road was closed. He was charged with obstructing a roadway, could very likely be a plausible reason because I DOUBT this "protest" went and got the correct permits to hold a protest (Especially at night). As we saw in Ferguson, yea the cops were also blocking the road, but the road was only closed because there were illegal protests going on and cops don't want to deal with the headache of cars getting vandalized by protesters. So it was most likely an illegal protest that got a road closed, which is obstructing a roadway.

On top of this, he ends that we need a new approach and I actually agree. However, the current approach of BLM throwing molotovs, bricks, rocks at police won't help that because then police armor up to protect themselves from this and then the protesters do even worse. Then the cops get jumpy whenever they encounter a suspect and even more deaths happen, although again there seems to be a non-issue to the 2.5X as many whites that get shot by police but whatever. Again though, they are protesting a non-issue, but everyone has the right to protest.

Also to end the "The Guilty Run", he may have been in a cell with a murderer, but did he get murdered? No. Also, It's a saying the cops use in consideration of who to chase, it is in no way a binding legal argument but this article shows if you don't run you are treated much better, cops and everyone else are nice as well.

10. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I petition for the thread to be renamed USA related squabbles and arguments containment
    edit: was this actually moved from the usa election thread? If so, id commend the mod who did it, but at the same time you still allow lamer and trump to go at it, its like if you wouldnt remove the tumor but instead transplanted it to another organ.

11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Well, as long as idiotic statements backed by feelings are continued to be made, I will argue it with fact.

But yea, McGyver moved it when complete started arguing about BLM and the shootings to, my guess, prevent the off topic from being spammed. Little did he know, we would continue at it.

12. complete_

complete_ lamer

he was so respectful and still was put in a cage with a murderer. a guy who stabbed his wife in the neck

"While some of the protesters who had been arrested were acting disrespectfully, most were not." (someone likes to pick and choose their quotes)
    throw them in with the murderers and rapists. they'll get out eventually. who cares if there were randomly arrested for no reason.

enjoy living in a country where you have to stay in a cell with a murderer for the weekend if your innocent
    insert yakov smirnoff quote here
    i love doing this but its starting to get old because he's having a harder and harder time arguing without contradicting himself. ill probably stop soon

13. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Did he get murdered? No. I fail to see how this is a problem since he was thrown in jail for the time being. What he should be given special treatment? He committed a crime and was thrown in a cell (Considering our prisons are broken as hell and are overpopulated with numerous people), seems pretty fair.

I'm not picking and choosing, as I said BLM is notorious now for throwing and rioting. I understand most protesters don't do this, but it still doesn't mean they can get a road closed down because they want to protest. It's still a crime, they should be arrested like that one couple who stopped traffic on an interstate to do a proposal.

Did he spend the weekend? I bet he didn't even spend 24 hours in there. He was most likely in the cell for a couple hours with the murderer and it sounds like they got along nicely, especially with the guards. Hell, he even got to know some people! But I digress from that, he wasn't innocent. He was participating in an event that shut down a roadway to the public without proper permit or setup to protest, that is illegal and he was arrested for participating in it. (Press usually are identifiable because they wear press jackets/have some identifying apparel on to identify them as press)

[/QUOTE]
    Well, according to people, such as Blizzerd on the other thread, I'm actually winning these arguments. I bring up facts, you bring up feelings. I bring up arguments, you argue back irrelevant mish-mosh that has nothing to do with what I say. Look at Flasche's argument above, tried to argue something I clearly explained yet kept demanding an explanation, that is just incompetence right there. Nor have I contradicted myself in any statement that I have made, I do believe. In fact, Blizzerd's girlfriend read it and agreed I was the voice of reason in this quote,
    Look at that, an outsider without a biased view on me and my past arguments comes out in favor of me because I can speak reasonably and effectively. So, you are the unreasonable one. But keep convincing yourself you are winning because you liberals are fairly good at that. Convincing yourselves you are right even though facts, statistics, human instinct, and basic human common sense tell you otherwise. I laugh every time I see the Red Alert in the top right because I know I get the chance to prove I'm right once more and to see the mind Olympics you are playing to try and disprove me. You must be winning gold.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

ok have fun in your country

ps: nice sourcing of claims

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  15. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Funeral procession went down highway today here in Dallas. Was quite a sight. It was about an hour between them coming in view and leaving view.

And of course, people on the other side of the highway stopped and got out of their vehicles, walking into the HOV lane to film it... smart and classy just like we like it here in Texas.

Since I'm certain the conversation in this thread is almost entirely hateful or adversarial, how about the way they took out the perpetrator in Dallas? Is it not a very strange precedent to set, having killed a violent offender with a remote controlled explosive? Especially considering the same robot used to do so also may use tear gas and flash bangs and other nifty non-lethal things? Hope it's not a tactic I see used again in my lifetime... it's an extreme measure to say the least. Potentially justified in this particular case but people are not collectively capable of consistently drawing such a line.

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I saw somewhere of people saying they should have them live streaming from the robot

It reminded me precisely of Farenheit 451 where they are filming the police chase to make an example of Guy Montag but also keeping the desensitized masses entertained.

17. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I mourn for the officers that lost their lives to this terrorist style attack, it is truly disgraceful what is happening to race relations in this country and I think we all need to realize we are American's, not blacks or whites or asians, but Americans.

Also, I think the robot served its purpose to take out the perp, most likely another officer would have been shot had they not done it this way and we can replace a robot, we can't replace a human life. I'm glad they took the more humane way in saving officers and putting their lives first rather than having them charge the perp. While it is controversial, I see nothing wrong with robots use in the field like this AS LONG AS it is a human pulling the trigger. The second it becomes autonomously deciding who lives and dies is the day I no longer support robots in the field, a human has to make that conscious decision because it is ending another life.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I mourn the robot, he is the true hero full of self sacrifice.

19. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Turn that frown upside down, the robot is fine! The arm extension took minor damage.

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

:(

okay... ):