Police Shootings, The Death of Philando Castile and the violent consequences

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantrithor, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

How the hell is this a random group? Is this not present in the whole "Cops killing blacks" such as the Philando case where people are claiming cops are racist against blacks? Basically the whole argument is cops are racist towards blacks but when I bring up blacks kill more blacks this is now a "racist counter point" even though its true. Im not speaking about them in a demeaning manner, Im talking about the ISSUES present in that community, seriously if we can't talk about the issues present in communities then NOTHING gets better and things ONLY get worse.

2. complete_

complete_ lamer

police are taught to escalate.
    the proof is in that video. two people pushing each other and the guy pulls out a gun. and the other exercise the random guy just happens to pull out a gun and shoot the "cop". yeah that totally happens all the time. they are training them to expect people to shoot them

everyone thinks they are a big man when they have a gun in their hand

3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

They are training them to protect their own life and to approach with suspicion. Why should a cop lose his own life in a scenario that it could have been saved? If a cop approaches you, you comply fully to what they are saying and dont do anything stupid.

If a cop approaches a scene where two guys are in a fight, human anatomy dictates adrenaline will be running high in both suspects. Both suspects will keep their adrenaline even when the cop intervenes and will do stupid shit, why should the cop suffer because of them being in a situation? Why should a cop walk up to a guy who is doing something extremely suspicious. If they had complied, IE when he was casing the cars and he had just come out with his hands up, it would be a safe situation. Had the guy listened to the cop and NOT charged him, it would have been a safe situation. It's stupid for you to blame cops on "escalation" when its a matter of fact anatomy preventing a cop from de-escalating it.

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

you know de-escalating means decreasing an escalation. you act like its impossible to de escalate when two people are fighting

5. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I do know what de-escalating means, thank you for the lecture. However, my statement still stands. Adrenaline is running high and of course this was one specific scenario they went through. If cops shot everyone who was in a fight, there would be MUCH more deaths than there are currently, so thank you for showing everyone that you think cops shoot everyone who is ever in a fight. That, is ignorant to assume that.

The whole point of that video was to demonstrate, via exercise, the quick thinking decisions a cop has to make for his own safety to a BLM protester who was protesting the cops violence, and it changed his mind and changed his tune that cops have almost 0 time to react to an incident.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i wonder how other countries do it.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

de-escalation:
    youtuber "LaughingAtLiberals" draws gun on people at protest, gets arrested by police

you can watch this video because you'll see a bunch of liberal wannabe white saviors (3:15 & 4:00) while the black people are calm and DE-ESCALATING
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/tru...lives-matter-rally-came-armed-for-a-massacre/
    100 bucks says the masked guy in the video was a cop

see its possible to de-escalate even when the person DRAWS A GUN

8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i like how there is litterally 0 context, since at the time the video starts hes already pulling...

I see a couple guys de-escalating, but most of the crowd doesn't seem interested bth...

9. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Again, won't make a statement till facts are out but you linked 1 video. Lots of other videos show a crowd of protestors clearly approaching him then AFTER he pulls the gun people go de-escalation mode.

Also, about Alton Sterling. He was on Probation so he did NOT have a concealed carry license, yet was called on as having a pistol by a homeless man, reported he threatened to shoot the homeless man. As is protocol for someone reported to have a gun, they are told to get on the ground and that is what happened, as the officers approached they told him to get on the ground. He refused to comply, instead stood standing and then police proceeded to tackle him to try and de-escalate the situation and prove he was disarmed. Instead, he continued to struggle and reached for his waistban at which point a cop shouted out "hes got a gun hes got a gun" and then was shot.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I follow you for everything but the end, they shouldn't have shot him... he was on the ground. If he grabbed a gun it could have been manipulated at that time and if not... its the cops job to put themselves in harms way to protect others and that includes putting themselves in harms way so the perpetrator does not get harmed.

11. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I agree, that would have been ideal however cops in America are taught to protect themselves, similarly as an EMT we are taught to protect ourselves before we even begin the process of trying to save someone. Your life is more important than the life of someone else is what we were taught, because a dead EMT/Cop/Firefighter can't save anyone in the future. On top of that, a situation can go to shit real quick if a guy pulls a gun from his waistban and fires directly up after he pulls it, would get the cop off of him and allow him to run. Guy should have not reached for anything and listened to the cops.

12. flasche

first shoot ask questions later what does another niggers life matter theyre all criminals anyway ...

... its not the us having a problem with police violence, its all other countries having not enough executions, thats it.

13. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Not anything what I said, and again not a race issue but you are turning it into one. This is a simple case of failure to comply with orders when he was reported to have a weapon. This has been turned into a race issue when it is not one, and it needs to be looked at WITHOUT the filter of "race" because that is going to prevent the observation of facts in an unbiased perspective.

14. flasche

no i think your police has a general problem with executing people. there are many european countires where police shot less bullets since the start of this millenium then there were killings by police since the start of this year.
    but ofc thats only because the others are so super evil in the us - police just needs to defend themselfs, theyre good end of story.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  15. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

The US also has a much higher population than individual countries in Europe. Also, this is HARDLY execution as execution would have the man on his knees and blasting into the back of his head. It was an altercation with Sterling's failure to comply that lead to his death. Now lets use the Spanish Standards in the case of the Alton Sterling death, these standards are as follows: Verbal Warning, Warning shots, Shots at non-vital body parts, shots at vital parts.

The cops, upon approaching Alton Sterling did use verbal warning, telling him to get on the ground. Next, the officers ATTEMPTED TO SUBDUE HIM without the use of a weapon and to try to de-arm him before the situation escalated. The man kept resisting, continuing to struggle with police (1 officer who was now on him and the other attempting to restrain him as well). At this point, the Spanish system dictates to fire warning shots, well.... they were right outside a convenient store with many people around so that could easily have lead to ricochet hitting innocents. Next, the Spanish system dictates firing shots into the "non-vital" body parts which is MUCH EASIER SAID THAN DONE, especially when your suspect is reaching for a possible gun to harm you with. Ever fired a gun before? I go shooting regularly and I have to say it is quite difficult to hit a target in a "non-vital" location, especially with a pistol, because everything can turn vital (Unless you aim for the heart, head etc but even then those are hard to hit). They proceeded to shoot him for his failure to comply and for reaching for a suspected weapon.

Seems reasonable to me that this happened.

16. flasche

in germany (best statistics of a bigger country i could find without excessive googling) it was 262 killings since 1986.
    germany has a population of about 80mio, the us of about 300mio, lets be generous and say its 4 times.
    thats 1048 fatalities by cops in the recent 30 years ...

... now hows "your" body count this year?

17. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Way to disregard my whole typed out response about the sterling case following Spanish protocols, but that's just my opinion isn't it?

As for what you said, the number of shots fired on people in the US is higher for a multitude of reasons. For 1, the cops in Europe don't have to worry about, or worry about as often as you CAN get guns, an armed person in their dealings with criminals. This isn't a problem as it lets people defend themselves normally especially since the US is a more spaced out country where cop response times can be upwards of 20 minutes, but it is another factor they have to take into account. A shooting is also more severe than the stabbings that happen in frequent in the UK, so they also must know that trying to disarm someone is a major task that can result in them getting bloodied if they do it wrong so they approach it with caution, especially if it is reported the man has a gun.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  18. flasche

if only half of what you see on tv of how they control drivers licenses in normal situations, the whole approach of policing in different over here. self protection not necessarily means to wrestle someone to the ground. distance is a perfect measure to keep control. he was no immediate threat to anyone or they would have shot him earlier.

19. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

"No Immediate Threat" so that's why the Homeless man called in the report that he had his life threatened by him? Instead of shooting him out right, they tried to give him a chance, wrestled him to the ground and disarm him but then he continued to be non-compliant and reached for something...

Self Protection is any means necessary to ensure the safety of yourself and bystanders... In fact, here is the definition: protection of oneself or itself. So, by definition, wrestling someone on the ground to gain control of the situation is literally self protection.

20. flasche

as i said, police cant do wrong. they are infailable. and lets be honest, what worth is another criminal scum life anyway. its not like you have a problem, its us not killing enough.
    police needs to be agressive and offensive, they need to show balls. police needs to be equiped like military, because the ordinary people are their enemy. theyre at war. ugh