Please Remove the Following Maps...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by flounder, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Binboy

Binboy Member

Money is a good map in my opinion, Big tank battles Yes BE has unlimited rail heavies NF gets unlimited Nuke Heavies yes blah blah blah Then they both clash lots of shooting. And lots of people dying at the same time XD! In my thought the map Money is a map which it's aim is focused on Late game fights, as in lots of research done, big tanks and non-stop battle mostly.

2. Empty

Empty Member

No. It's where you learn to fearrails.

3. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

nukes>rails

4. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Glycencity is the best map in Empires.

There is a very good balance between infantry and vehicles. Infantry can own vehicles because vehicles have to be close to everything but vehicles can own infantry too when they stay enough long way away from them.

I'll repeat it: Glycencity is the best map in Empires.

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Go play the original CS, look for a server running cs_backalley...

or cs_747.

Both are maps that come standard, both kinda suck in pugs, but both are there because with friends, it's fun as hell.

I agree, talk to the owners of your favorite servers, and respond in their forums about the maps that server plays. I personally don't like streets of fire. But I love pissing people off by putting turrets on those statues in glycencity or on top of that phone pole. at least until someone says it's some how using an illegal method to reach a location that gives an unfair advantage, or something like that.

6. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Sure, they're doable. We're saying they're not very fun (particularly Money, but some people find other maps unfun, too.) Likewise, you can win district if you're a lot better than the other team, but if the two sides are roughly equal in skill it tends to come down to a boring war of attrition

Personally, I used to like District but like it less now, even though it doesn't last as long. One big problem: The ticket bleed means that you almost never see any real fighting in any other part of the map. You get a bit of fighting in the same thirty feet of sewers, and a bit of fighting in the same thirty feet of street, and that's it for the entire map... as soon as anyone captures a ticket-bleeding flag and holds it for a bit, the map is over, so 50% of the map itself is simply wasted. That is dull.

I think what District needs is many more routes, and several much wider routes, but no ticket bleed. Ticket bleed sounds like a good idea in theory, but in practice it means you're just lopping some of the flags off of the game and reducing it from a grind over five flags to a grind over three flags.

7. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

If they removed turrets from Infantry only maps I would actually bother to play them. Every time I play them I keep thinking "Hmm, this would be much more fun if I was playing call of duty". Grenade and turret spam is so boring after 5 minutes >.<

Balancing for tanks and infantry to be fun in big open maps and small, compact maps is a challenge. I'll take a good game of Isle or Duststorm over evrything else any day.

Money used to be fun when Artillery was king. God I miss artillery wars ^_^.