online dating

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dubee, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Deiform

Deiform Member

Hello,

I went on a dating site randomly a few months ago due to an article I saw on reddit where it said that women were more sexually aggressive the older they got. I thought this data was skewed so I made a profile and took a look at the women to see how attractive they actually were, or if they were all fat ugly wannabe supermodels that just want to have sex but can't get any. It turns out that yes, most of them are like that, but I got a message from a cool girl in France who was moving over in a few months to study at a university in England and wanted to know a few English people before she went so she could ask them stuff about the country, and thought a dating site would be a pretty good way to do that since she was a girl and men generally are quite happy to talk to women on the internet.

It turns out she was really cool and she thought I was really cool too, so I met up with Nihia in Nantes after about a month of talking to her, and after I met with Nihia (who is awesome by the way, I would recommend visiting him for anyone who wants to go to Nantes), I went to meet up with her. Nihia can also verify her hotness as she is really hot.

Sure the idea of meeting on a dating site is shameful, and we're both pretty embarrassed about it when people ask so we usually say we met randomly in Nantes and got talking or just say "from the internet" without saying anything specific, but I'm glad we did meet as the relationship is so easy and it's really fulfilling.

In the end I was only signed up for 5 days before I deleted my profile because the whole aim was to confirm that all the old women who wanted sex were ugly and fat, which was true, but it turned out that you can easily meet the few awesome people in the world too, you just have to be either really lucky like I was, or wade through piles and piles of shit to find them. Or you can do the usual hook up with someone at a bar/supermarket/lecture/B&Q (I don't know how it works in real life tbh).

So we've been dating for nearly 5 months now, we see each other every 2 weeks consistently on the weekends and we talk every day. We like loads of different things and really we're just two normal people that happened to meet in a random place. The story is more interesting than some people ("Hurr I grinded against your mum in a club for 2 hours until she was too intoxicated to say no."), but to each their own.

Anyway, I think I'm the person Trickster was on about unless there's some other Emp dude who has done the same, but to be honest online dating is a bit of a joke, so no-one should get their hopes up about it. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Bye.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

That is actually pretty awesome, Deif.

3. Empty

Empty Member

I think my mate beats you Deif (although that's an awesome tale and I'm proud of you <3)

My friend happened to be on mumble at about 4am, about 30 minutes after I went to bed that night.
    It just so happened that a member of the female gender connected to our mumble server randomly (we chat on a public server so we get randoms all the time)
    Apparently they hit it off, she lives within a 3 hour drive from what I've heard, and they're in a relationship.

I honestly don't think it gets any luckier than that shit. I saw a picture of her, she was pretty hot too.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah Deif was the guy I was on about, although I didn't know the full story. That's pretty awesome, apart from the part where you no longer want to play games on the internet with me any more.

5. Deiform

Deiform Member

Sorry, I'm just not in the mood this year to play empires or bf. I prefer Skyrim and Minecraft and old Source games.

But yeah Empty, that is pretty lucky, especially when the people live quite close to each other. It's weird how quickly the routine of life can turn around through events completely out of your control. Right place, right time and all that bullshit. Gotta love the universe's random function.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

But Battlefriends 3 is fun :(

7. Empty

Empty Member

I'd play with you trickster but we both know it wouldn't work out </3

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Sever.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

wow this thread really brought out all the vets :D

Thanks for sharing Deif, I am trying to stay optimistic about this whole situation.

Also have sex on a towel on the beach guys!

10. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Just don't go to the beach To have sex if theres a lot of wind, sand will fuck you.

11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

threesome ftw!

12. Empty

Empty Member

I've come close to a threesome so many times :/
    If only I could find 2 more people.

13. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

You should say that to the girls, it would work perfect!

14. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Empty is such a sad panda when we talking bout romances

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

That is probably about the best way ever to introduce the idea of a threesome, would still require tequila shots though I think.

Don't believe the hype, Empty is actually a hot blooded pimp

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

it would be cold blooded

17. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I have met girls on the internet, and at partys, and other places. Ask anyone who has ever hooked up with someone at a nightclub. Club relationships never work out, there are those exceptions, but most are superficial and don't last.

If you see a girl you like go up to her and just start a conversation, ask her about herself, women love to talk about themselves, they never shut the hell up given the right circumstances.

don't fear rejection, if you approach 10 girls, and 8 out of the 10 reject you, you still might get laid/relationship from the other 2. I would of rather gotten rejected now, then wait down the line and get rejected later.

18. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

^ listen to him ^

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

If I had had a girlfriend, Empires would never have happened. Think of how much you can accomplish while single. The world is yours!

20. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

The numbers game is true, it does work. My best friend is a pretty funny guy, not bad looking but he's winning no awards but any time he wants he can always take a girl home with him.

Another friend of ours split with his highschool sweetheart after 5 years and realised he had no idea how to snag a phone number so he asked my casanova friend to go out with him on the pull so he could get some pointers. I found this pretty funny because I knew what was coming...

Basically a night on the pull with casanova goes like this; Turn up to bar with live music after everyone is already drunk, jump around a bit, big smiles everywhere, go say hi to a girl and ask to buy her a drink which'll get you their ear for a few minutes - during this time tell girl she looks amaing and ask girl if they "fancy a shag?", 9 out of 10 tell him to piss off or walk away, occassionally a slap. But at least 1 will say yes - walks out of bar, winks at doorman, gets in cab. Leaving poor broken hearted friend nursing his pint talking to some crazy woman twice his age in the corner. He reunited with his girlfriend some months later and lived happily ever after.

Now because casanova always had a girl in his bed everyone assumes he is some kind of suave hypnotic wordsmith. Truth is that he is confident enough that he just doesn't care if a girl says she doesn't want to sleep with him. Its like fishing - you aren't going to catch every fish, you just need to catch enough to eat.

But whatever you say about the numbers game it is better than spending all night slamming tequila trying to get the courage to talk to one girl who turns you down because you are drunk on tequila. But atleast you are drunk on tequila.