Oh My Fucking God There Are More Than 40 Players Online On A Wednesday Night

Discussion in 'General' started by Paradox, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You can do both. Having a squad layout is good and often preferable, but people don't always respond without some individual name calling. These days, as well, people seem to need help doing things and calling out what they specifically need to do to find their footing. Sometimes just wrapping people up in squads means they leave things for others to do, and while that squad pushes ahead there isn't actually anyone to come along and do those things.

Like, I know you guys like pushing hard with squads, but sometimes your front folds through a good counter-attack. And sometimes it's fine because at that point you have a vehicle or a vet who comes along and fills the gap, but sometimes you lose a LOT more ground than you should, simply because you're telling people to push push push forward, and when they fold they have nothing to fall back to.

This is a more advanced reason why experienced commanders who push their troops hard, fail. It's often quite easy to see, because in one version there's an extra engy who goes around building stuff behind them, and that's the version where there's a win, or the other version where there's no spare and people move up, and that is more often a loss.

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

That probally fucks me up the most when im commanding, is that I go by a individual basis than just looking at them as squad on a whole.

3. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Don't forget the importance of mechanics. Some commanders focus so much on micromanagement that they forget to do basic things like give targets, place refs, or research.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Just want to put something out there. It's cool that there's 64 people playing on a Saturday night, but it's far cooler that we had 30 people playing at like 6pm UK time on a Wednesday. That's the kind of shit that keeps the game alive.

5. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

and yet... only 1 right now.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

The popularity decayed within 2 hours, from 40~50 to 1.