New Infantry Sounds Test

Discussion in 'Testing Discussion' started by Donald Trump, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Yes, I did understand that. However, again, EVERYONE HERE had the opportunity to test this over the last two months. I was not quiet about it, this isn't something that should have surprised people. It was posted on the forum, updated regularly, I spammed people to download it on the server, I went through my friends list asking people to try it out yet this is a complete surprise.

Again, future updates will have 10ish sounds at a time because the development period got much shorter.

But you also missed the point, updating a couple of the sounds would have made the game just sound off. There is a reason CSGO didn't update 5 guns at a time. It would have sounded extremely funky. I'm not trying to say you are wrong, you are right that it would have been easier and more gradual change, but a gradual change would have sounded terrible during the transition phase.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Wait the sounds are all implemented already?
    Cause if thats the case I was talking about gradually implementing them NOW. But since they all got released already thats a bit impossible to do

3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Before I head out to go do something, when the Beta gets updated I made these changes based on Feedback:

I changed Calc sound some. Added a LOT more treble so it's not as static-y and hurting your ears. Also dropped the volume
    Barracks I dropped the volume of the alarm a lot and added just some good ole radio static that is very quiet so it won't be on a loop one right after the other. It now loops for a whole minute so you won't hear the siren, unless you are in the barracks, for around a minute.
    Changed up Seismic some so it's not impossible to hear and varied the sound some. Should be much better.
    Changed some of the "sharp" sounding sounds such as the deploy for NFshotpistol
    Changed death sounds some to be more in line with each other and not containing some of the fuzz that they did. Also dropped volume on some of them.
    Completely changed the out of breath sound so it's not "In your ears" breathing. Now it should feel like it's actually your guy breathing.

These were most complaints so far I think, so I hope I fixed them. Again, please let me know what you think and post here what you ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT STAND and I will fix it.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I know you can't do anything about it but the alarm thing would be neat if the rax was under attack. Actually I'd like an alarm for the main buildings, vf, rax, radar. It's a nice wake up and gives better feedback to local players that something is happening, instead of when the building is under 50% and smoke is rising.

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Paradox, I have to point out that it's not how our development works.
    We don't just give HEMG 10 damage today, 10.5 damage tomorrow, 10 damage the day after.
    Sometimes not even monthly.

1: You can't ask Trump to spend the next 4~5 patches just to replace all the sounds, that's probably a year for him to wait.

2: I have no comment on the sound but if Trump thinks there's some sort of "integrity" to maintain, then it's his call to push them all in one go.
    It's like scripts, I can't add just 2~3 of my new 3-slot weapons in 2.11.0 and leave the rest for 2.12.0 or 3.0.0. I have to add them all in one go, or it would screw the balance.

3: It kills the "freshness" almost entirely if there's only 5 new sounds in every patch, we have to go wild here.

Kidpaler likes this.
  6. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I will be requesting that for code fixes. That is a REAL good idea. I will put it near top of priority list, I have a bunch of other requests that HOPEFULLY could be added before next patch.

7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I like that idea too, except if all buildings had an alarms going off when attacked on both teams it would be sound overload IMO the rax would be good to have that sound when attacked.

8. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Rax is obviously most important. I will ask for that to be implemented. Then we could make it if it's sabbed it plays a defunct siren?

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

arent you the guy adding 600 new weapons that even you are not sure if it will fuck everything up and completely trash an entire version number?
    i guess the way it works is you throw a bunch a shit at the wall and then revert revert revert (or in this case, let everyone get mad at all the terrible additions so noone cares enough to post against nerfing mines more)

the fact is trump said that the people who tested with him said the sounds were fine, while the people in this topic say theres issues with some of the sounds
    the solution is to not put the sounds people have an issue with in the new version, something that should be very obvious if he wasnt having a shitfit the past 3 pages

e: the racks alarm sounds dumb and the reasoning for it is so flawed. there is no issue with people staying in the racks and there are legitimate reasons for staying in the racks. i dont want to be bothered with annoying sounds

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Here's that list. Everything I don't mention I'm fine with.

BE P1- I just don't like how it sounds like it has a silencer effect. I know you said you want it to sound weak but it doesn't really match the other weapons. By this I mean the machine pistol, they are effectively using the same caliber of round, machine pistol possibly even less, so it's awkward for it to sound like it has a silencer. I'd like it if that was just for scout, but it's for all classes so it needs to sound like a pistol firing. I mean NF P1 sounds great, so I don't see why the be one has to be so quiet.

BEHR- If you fire one bullet at a time it sounds like you firing several if that makes any sense. It sounds fine if you are full auto firing with it, but it sounds weird when you fire one at a time.

Mortar- There is something off to it to me, at best I can describe it as a strange metallic sound. I don't know if it's the ringing noise or wherever the recording came from the sound peaked, but it's something odd. I mean it does sound like you are firing a big shell now, so it's nice in that regard, but there's something a little off with it.

NFAR- I just don't like this, it sounds like a smg. It needs to sound way beefier. SMG2 sounds more ballsy, that ain't right.

NFHR- I think the actual bullet firing is fine, but it has a weird noise after the shot like water splashing or wood splintering, I have no idea what it is but it doesn't sound like it should be doing that.

NF P1- I know I said it sounded great, but I just noticed it has a ping noise at the end of the sound. Makes it sound like everything you hit is metal, otherwise sound is great.

Shotguns, all of them- They sound muffled and to me it's like the sound file was compressed. When I think of shotguns I think of a big old Boom, like in here or here.

Scout rifles- They sound distant, it gives the impression you aren't the one firing the weapon. It's more noticeable on the nf one. Speaking of nf one, I thought it was a bolt action, but it's not a very bolt-actiony sound when you chamber the next round. It sounds more like the click you hear when cocking a pistol or something.

For vehicles, my general impression is they have a similar sound from 80's action movies. I don't think that's a bad thing to be honest, but that's just the vibe I get. The one complaint is I feel you should switch 50 cal mg and std mg sounds, 50 cal sounds a little muted and underwhelming while std mg has a beefier sound to it.

Last is I don't like the new apc sound. It sounds distant, like the recording wasn't taken from the drivers seat. It also sounds old as hell, like a junker of a thing. For me at least it doesn't fit what I think the apcs/afvs would sound like. And of course it makes the cvs sound like poop but that wasn't your attention and hopefully cv's can use a different sound.

11. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Problem with all of that is the fact that everyone likes and dislikes different things. The only solution is to never touch sounds because someone might dislike the new one. Lots of people have liked the new sounds, they have issues with 1-2, sometimes more but not more than 10. Out of a big batch of sound changes, that's really good I think. And again, we all have a "different' idea of what a gun SHOULD sound like, for example the shotgun. I have had quite a few people say "My new favorite sound" but then others say that it sounds crappy, like it was recorded in a barrel, then others say it sounds like it was compressed, then others say it sounds OK, then others say it clips. No one can reach a consensus about everything because we all have different tastes.

Also, again, I take criticism well. I DON'T take people insulting me well. I have been taking criticism about sounds well, talking to people who have issues with them directly and asking if the new one sounds better and fixes their complaint. So yea, total shitfit amirite? Shitfit for being insulted on something I didn't even do. It all started when I said I don't want to seem like I was being defensive when I was saying the reasoning behind it, then Vicki said sometihng like (this isn't against you vicki, not in the slightest), I need to learn to take criticism, when I just went over how I don't want to seem like I can't take it because I can.

If you noticed, I even said I was fixing or attempting to fix the sound you even named, but you must not have read that.

Also, please get back on topic. This is about the sounds, not people.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  12. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Thank you for this, I will be taking careful consideration and trying to amend these sounds and the issues you had. I appreciate feedback.