My take on the mod

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by rampantandroid, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Innominandus

Innominandus Member

Artillery Counters

Right now, artillery is good against everything. Tanks, infantry, buildings. I know the dev team has said that aircraft will counter artillery, but the way it works in real life is that artillery is countered by having a direct shot back at it. Artillery armor needs to be lowered and, most importantly, it needs to do very little damage against armor. The idea that artillery can trade hits with a tank with it being anything other than a very one-sided engagement in favor of the tank is ridiculous and, as others have pointed out, researching artillery in the game is either a "win game" button for the team doing it or a ticket to a stalemate in which the artillerists lob shells back and forth while everyone else runs and hides. The solution to such a stalemate *should* be heavy armor but artillery rapes tanks along with everything else.

Artillery should keep the huge damage against buildings and infantry, but its damage to armor should be reduced to "negligible" except in the case of a direct hit, it which case "it would cause some damage".

Other than that (also: potholes :mad: )this mod is awesome and it's a shame that more people don't play it. There's really no excuse.

2. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Artilerry is already being nerfed

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I nerfed it so that it requires teamwork, it will probly not be favoured over tanks anymore, except when you really need it to finish the game.
    I don't know if its going to be in 1.08, because altho I only changed its explosion radius, its still a radical change to the artillery.
    But I have thought about it for a long time, and I like the changes myself, you have artillery feedback, commanders giving attack targets, scouts that can spot, an artillery map to pick these targets etc. 1.08 also has FalconX's new vehicle prices which will make tanks more accesible, to defend your artillery.
    Until Artillery is changed into a deployable unit it should suffice.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

is there any way of making the arty splash damage rubbish against vehicle armour?

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Hard code