Mortar: Damage and Flight Time (move to Suggestions)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Demented, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Jonat

Jonat Member

Totally agree with the OP. But you should have higher splash the longer it takes to hit the target. Cause high angle shots are hard to begin with.

80 base (direct) + 160 for every 4 seconds?

2. [R]eX

[R]eX Member

so we are crying about the mortar again when the carbine is a death laser?

i guarantee you anyone who is using the mortar and owning with it, would be owning you worse as a rifleman and they are doing you a favor and making the game more fun for themselves by chosing to use the mortar.

all i see in this thread is a huge :cry:

3. [R]eX

[R]eX Member

everying mayama wrote is true. your response to it just made me rage and break 7 keyboards.

" Therefore, the mortar shouldn't really give you too much of an advantage over infantry that use cover intelligently or who have secured a location against you and gone prone."

UHM? riflemen have these things called grenades they love to spam that deny you of cover...and then that rifle thing that owns you when you come out. thats all cool but a grenadier who sacrifices an automatic weapon (save for the machine pistol) cant have his damn mortar?

"There should not be any weapons that completely negate cover, and even weapons that partially negate cover should have severe weaknesses and limitations"
    bye bye riflemen grenades

"I feel that jumping around like a spaz while people are shooting at you is goofy, stupid, and unintuitive, and shouldn't be a gameplay mechanic."

more rage here. YES AQUILLION, LETS TAKE EVERY SINGLE BIT OF SKILL OUT OF THE GAME AND PLAY A STRATEGY GAME. seriously GTFO you arent even worthy of a shooter go play chess

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  4. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

* Rifleman grenades have far more limited range and much more limited ammo. They are only really an issue on infantry-only maps, which isn't what Empires is balanced around.

* Jumping around like a spaz is not skill. Jumping around like a spaz is a method people use to negate skill. The other team works together, flanks you, takes you by surprise -- those things are skill. And you think you should be able to survive because you slam space really hard, and because you know the secret trick to jump and crouch at the same time? Bullshit.

Bunnyhopping isn't a skill and doesn't involve any skill. People who are no good at the game are able to win by doing it, because not everyone knows about it, so they view it as their precious "skill", knowing how weak they'd be without it. But the important skills that decide the game should be your ability to work with your team, flank your enemies, and adapt to the situation, not how righteously you can slam the spacebar.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Rifle grenades are very under rated. I remember playing with hastchwas and he literally hit me in the face with a nade from at least 200 feet away. He hopped down off the BE start hill ref area on canyon and hit me near the middle east ref. And that wasn't luck, he had it down. I would hide behind these walls and all the sudden these nade's land next to me. Not only can they be extremely good on classic maps but they are hard to see unlike mowtar shells.

I hate how you guys make it seem like the gren is the only class that can bunny hop. Every class does it to get away or closer for a shot or cover. Scouts stamina regen's faster so they can jump around more. It's not a mowtar problem. These other games I've played people bunny hop around and go prone the instant they see you. And they don't have stamina limiting them. So empires is really better on that issue then most games.

6. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

It was the opposite. Bunnyhopping mainly came up because people mentioned it as a way to defend against the mortar... which it shouldn't be, for the reasons I said earlier.

7. [R]eX

[R]eX Member

it has nothing to do with bunnyhopping, you see a mortar coming at you, you JUMP away from it, its not a random spaz jumpfest. if you dont jump away from any explosion that you see in time, you're just plain retarded. I KNOW, LETS ADD A 2 SECOND DELAY TO CONFIRM JUMPS....nono wait MAKE EMPIRES TURN-BASED