More code support in Scripts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ranger, May 24, 2016.

?

Is green text hard to read?

1. 1

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. 0

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Ranger

Ranger Member

I've tried low gravity high speed HEMG, but it's not the same, apart from recoil, it's no more instant hit. I think that's why people like it so I would like to keep it that way.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Well it's not just that, vehicle mgs bypass armor properties like speed to damage or reflective ability. That's the real reason they are so powerful, it does full damage no matter the armor.

I didn't forget the tiny resists you added to some armors security.

3. Ranger

Ranger Member

I thought that changed when damage type was changed from "armor piercing" to "explosive" ...?

4. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

We've known each other for years and yet you mistake me for someone else D:

You can just divide the damage by the cycle time for dps, multiply ammo in clip with cycle time for emptying the clip, divide heat by cycle time for heat per second. With Shots per second you replace the multiplies with divides and vice versa.

You still no liek, you just make a table in any of the modern table calculation programs and have it convert the cycle time to shots per second / minute. I mean, you are probably (hopefully) using excel or calc or google docs or whatever anyways since they are so useful to convert cryptic script numbers into useable values. From there it's just a matter of not confusing the numbers you have to convert back to the script numbers.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

????

The only thing that explosive does is enable the splash damage radius, which also ends up doubling damage and possibly a reason why hemg wasn't explosive for a several years, though all we got for a reason was //AMMO TYPE OF HEMG HAS TEMPORARELY CHANGED TO 1 (ARMOR PIERCING) FROM 2 (EXPLOSIVE) REQUESTED BY EMPTY. I just love non-explanations. At least I don't think I'm wrong, I swear I tested that when I was testing out a bunch of stuff.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

wow sprayer that was a freudian slip. i still remember how i looked if it was really you ...

... only to write ranger in the end.

sorry :(

7. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Ooooh so that's what spikey meant.

@flasche everybody becomes mature at one point in time. (Or over a period of time) But if you insist: "You fucking fuckface."

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

aww i hurt QQ

9. Ranger

Ranger Member

So bypassing resists is something in the code of MGs?

Sprayer obviously I know how to calculate. I'm saying I don't think I should be doing these conversions but it's ok.

10. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

That's the thing, you really shouldn't be doing them. You should make a table to do the calculations for you.

No, it's not in the MGs code. It's in the armor code. Since Vehicle MGs have no speed (because they are hitscan), speed to damage mod doesn't affect them. Since they also have no (in the code defined) impact angle, the anglemod also does not affect them.