Money- RUSH AS NF

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by davee magee, Jan 4, 2007.

1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Ah, well I wasn't referring to that. I was thinking along the lines of an actual cannon.

2. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

3 walls work, unbuilt or built. You want a comprehensive, working strategy?

This is what you do. First, you get a mic. with a team of noobs on average you can count on at least half having sound. Tell em what to do. Be a part of the squad at the beginning, get in the comm with repair upgrade already under your belt and encourage as many others to do the same. The key to using newbs is there is still at least one pro on the team: you. Don't spend your time sitting in the dam comm. Send the noobs north and maybe one south with you following in comm. When they reach the north build refs there and south, you build fastest with this strat. Next you direct as many back to the middle, build a radar and vf as soon as possible.

Now at this point either side can start building tanks. IF you are more worried about protecting against a rush than rushing, build 3 walls on each side. ASk the noobs to build one side, use the comm to drive yourself to another set and in between researches, you build a set of walls yourself. If you trust yourself, you can spot oncoming tanks on your side and keep the comm safe while using your repair upgrade to participate. 3 wall sets gives you something to do for a long time, so you can always be helping to prep. And the best part is, 3 walls unbuild still STALLS a tank rush, build them far enough apart. Use this to your advantage and keep an eye on both sides, you can't be overrun. Build a ML if you are really paranoid.

The key to a swift and decisive victory is leadership, and leadership doesn't mean sitting in the comm shouting orders, it means participation too. Many people don't get this, and blame others when they basically handicap their team by putting them a player down automatically just sitting there in the comm. When you need not monitor the situation, do something yourself. Faster, and speed is everything especially on money. You rush for resources, and rush for tech if the game isnt decided by a tank rush. This is true for almost every map. Get resources, strike first, strike strong, you win. Simple, yet challenging. If this is too hard for you, its not the OTHER noobs that you have to blame, its you.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  3. davee magee

davee magee Member

finnaly a good answer,
    good advice there,
    but i dont have a mike, and i probably wont get one...so
    ill have to do with type spam im quite fast now

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

nobody listens to text unfortunatly, it doesn't prove anything. as soon as you get a mic people take you seriously

plus, i can't mention the amount of times Ive been killed while typing.

finally, don't forget to turn off your mic when you don't deliberately want to say anything. i swear faaaar too much... :)

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

It's strange playing empires, hardly anyone has a mic. Maybe it's because the game's more international. On my CS server, everyone has a mic. My last mic was $1 and even if it wasn't elite, it was better than nothing. I don't understand why everyone doesn't have one. I consider it vital.

6. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

I rather not use my mic as I barely started puberty,

Vets from FB knows what I'm talking about.

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

You make me feel old. :p

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

you are old, grandpa.

9. GI-Jane

GI-Jane Member

arty?

one way to make arty less of a killin machine is to possibly restrict it to what it says on tin, Its an artillery tank so: make it so it can only fire in a very high arc and cant lower its gun/turret too much which makes it more like a mobile howitzer/tank killer at mo...
    Easy way to kill it tho is rush it with lite tank getting under the arc of fire but people dont think to outwit it and try to shoot it long range lol...

10. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Lol, I remember when I thought some person from FB was a girl. Was funny as they are the same age as me and they thought I was 16-17 :)

11. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

I usually get pissed off since the quality is so damn low and they yell a lot.
    Thats what got me hating... some people...