Misconceptions

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Empty, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Inceptor you are a fool, use a STD MG, it does virtually the same damage, and it can do it at any range.

And I agree with the dev posts, the STD MG is fine IMO, except on APCs, where it turns into a shitstorm

2. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

No, std mg is not fine. It's AWP on vehicles that does damage 1/3 of the time. It can hit infantry at any range. Chaingun which weights more has worse accuracy at distance than std mg. And single std mg does the same damage/s as CG when close to enemy. When std mgs are stacked even biggest retard will notice the problem.

And BTW I don't care how good you are with learning which weapons you should use. It's a totally separate topic.

3. Empty

Empty Member

It just seems a lot of people ingame have an irrational hatred of certain guns, some of it justified [hatred of plasma CN] some of it is obviously bullshit someone has tought them [IE bioMGs suck, CGs rule]

4. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Make standard MG have less accuracy but faster rate of fire to compensate?

5. Empty

Empty Member

That's what the CG does.

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

The scripts don't lie, the CG is supposed to be a cheap and ineffective (read no research and high weight) rapefest at close range, if you say that 2 out of 3 shots from the std mg don't register, imagine how many shots on the cg don't register. The cg was tested on a private server before and it was very effective at medium range, theres a very thin line between it being a slightly effective gun and it becoming overpowered.
    Last time I got attacked by a light tank with CG, while on foot, bricks came out of my rear.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I just keep moving when attacked with an Std MG (or drop a wall, lewl), it usually takes them around 10 seconds to take me down if I'm without cover. The CG, well, if I survive for five seconds I'll be happy lol

8. Silk

Silk Mapper

The problem is most players don't know the scripts. They used one weapon from a distance, then they use another. If the second one turns out less effective they brand it with the label "S.u.C.k.S". Another player did the same thing but from a closer distance and decided that the first weapons sucked.

Later they meet and can't come to an agreement.

I have no idea what weapon is best at what. I just wait untill the comm has researched better engines, armor and weapons untill i buy a tank, and when he has done that i don't care about what he researched or what to put on the chassis. If the game would be balanced it wouldn't matter anyway cause they would be all equally effective.

And i'm not going to memorize scripts ;)

9. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Except for situations involving buildings or tanks that have to be killed from more than two feet away. In other words, the entire game, outside the infantry maps and a few close-quarters ones (like crossroads and... just crossroads, really.) Comm maps are mostly wide open areas, and scouts suck there.

You end up with them wasting far too much time creeping up to something a grenadier could've taken out from across the map or an engineer could have blasted from cover they create (and the scout is just trying to weaken the target, not kill it), or using their stupid rifle, which, yeah, sucks.

BioMGs aren't terrible, and can be rushed decently fast, but the problem is they take too long to kill things, so (again) the wide-open map factor works against them (they're better when you can flee or take cover after poisoning the enemy, but you often simply can't.) Additionally, DU leads to reflective and extended range cannon very very easily; BioMGs come with the slightly weaker (though faster) regen, and more importantly they are no help at getting a late-game weapon at all.

Finally, while this is a bug, BioMGs currently suck against regen -- they're totally ineffective against it (yes, I know what the text says; it's wrong. Regen recovers faster than BioMGs can hurt it.) Given how popular regen is in the early game (and how the whole point of MG-APCs is to dominate the early game), this is really the main factor that makes BioMGs useless at the moment; it's just too much of a risk to research something that could be completely ineffective if your opponent makes a common and popular research choice. I'm sure this will be fixed eventually, but right now the regen bug makes BioMGs suck.

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

chaingun is good. just drive close to them.

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

everything is good. just don't suck at it.

12. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

Empty put one on next time and try it out.

The only reason chain gun sucks is that it's only good on light tanks and possibly one med one reg chain gun on an APC on a close map like urbanchaos.

As a light tank driver your objective is to kill other tanks and buildings and turrets, not to snipe inf. across the map, so chain guns do the job effectively if some infantry is coming close to you and becoming a nuisance

13. Andariel

Andariel Member

before i go further to read page 3

you guys fail at scouting@those saying smg>rifle, common sense and a bit watching for the mechanics and the realization that the ranged rifle isnt a click when ready gun and youll see what it is capable off even in shorter ranges

14. Empty

Empty Member

If i was in your position I'd throw the brick at the tank, that'd kill it pretty damn well.

At the loss of 75% of your armor if you plan on having a weapon that can actually be useful on a superlight, if an infantryman is close to you, 30% of the time he'll be a stickier, it's too late for your close range weapon. The Chaingun weighs more than a standard cannon and a standard ML put together, it weighs more than two STD mgs which work at any range, especially close range, not to mention the fact that chainguns pretty much melt your heatbar into mush. Given the choice, I'm putting a STD CN STD MG and reactive on my light tank.
    Not to mention how many empty LTs I find with literally 2 layers of frontal standard, a chaingun and a standard ML and CN, don't give me the bullshit that a good driver can avoid shots to the sides in an LT, you can't.

15. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

W/e you say it's good on my tank and if you say its good on your tank its good on your tank

16. Empty

Empty Member

I also say my tank is rolling on the scrap left over from yours :D

17. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I'm going to LOL at the amount of people that go from vet to noob after the game is rebalanced. No StdMG ownage, no 9-mining across valleys, no sniping, no lone wolfing, no building bases everywhere with just 1 engy, ... I'm going to like the next version of Empires :p

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

btw , whats with the one base and engy? engy tool gets nerfed in someway, or buildings will get more hitpoints?

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

sounds verrrry very good.

20. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

QFT

2.2 will roxor ur boxor.