Micro UAV for scout

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Trid3nt, May 31, 2008.

1. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

The first part is what I was suggesting to begin with.

Vehicle part is a little pointless, it gives all classes the ability, and the point that I was making for this isn't that there should be another APC, but how to make the scout a more "scouting" class

2. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I like this idea. Having scouts using this for 'comm targeting' would give them a very directly useful role in combat, using something we already know is useful... it would also take a bit of pressure off the comm to be everywhere at once and providing targets for everyone at once.

3. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Is there any way that it could be made to automatically give orders to troops, but only when they're in range of the camera?

4. Vaun

Vaun Member

Or make the uav like a mini jet that you "fire" then your body stays there while you take pilot's view of the uav to fly it, then it has a mini camera/radar radius that detects any enemies in a small radius or view.

5. mandible

mandible Member

Personally, I think a nice, balanced, way to sort this would be that the UAV is a weapon, possibly 1 shot or maybe slow regenerating, which when used, if it sees an enemy, it highlights them akin to commander-targeting for nearby allies to see, and has a different highlight symbol for infantry and tanks.
    To prevent it from constantly spotting enemies in a base, it would have not limited fuel, but limited RANGE, so a scout would need to be close to use it, and also, it'd make a godawful buzz which could easily be identified, then could be easily shot down with a pistol.

Yay? Nay? Possiblay?

6. dra6o0n

dra6o0n Member

The Nikita rockets in metal gear solid was a fun weapon in the time when it was first out. You can shoot that rocket and take down a soldier without them noticing you.

Well maybe this can be applied to UAVs since they cannot handle high altitudes, so they gotta hover at least 10 feet in the air from the ground.

UAVs should have limit range and time from use because it wouldn't be good if a single scout can hide a UAV behind enemy walls and them never noticing it.