me and neoony banned From nubs for telling people about an empires event

Discussion in 'General' started by Spike, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Is it a rule on the server to not promote events on other servers? I'm not being a prick, I genuinely don't know. I mean, if it's a rule and if it's clearly stated then yeah I guess you shouldn't do that. Maybe spike just didn't know about it. Could happen to anyone really.

2. 101010

101010 Member

Kind of torn here...I can understand both sides..But kind of have to side with Spike.
    This isn't like Bigger games where we could have a big popup to notify everyone about events.
    Sad thing is that there is a lot of people who get left out. Yes it is poaching but that's pretty much how it has always been done. It seems like this was more of a personal issue. If Spike wasn't involved i'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a problem. In the past admins have shut down other servers"Viper" to help populate events. So what's the problem now ? What's with all the hostility and negativity aimed at the developers?

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

to me it sounds a lot like if spike would have said, "yeah well you are right, sry it was out of good intentions", nothing would have happened.

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

exactly! because that's how it went down with Neoony. Instead Spike acted like a rude brat, and insults the creeper his server his admins and viper, which I need to say Spikes an ungrateful twit for playing on these servers for years w/o putting a dime into the mod but yet feels the need to insult and make outrageous remarks about those that give him the opportunity to play the game.

5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I would have liked to reply to this thread but people have already taken sides without even analysing what happened with objectivity, so I'm not sure it's worth it.

6. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

his response to what happened is where the issue lies, not with what happened.

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  7. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

his response is part of what happened.

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

true and its revealing of his character. There are consequences to behavior in life and on the net. Unless spike continues to insult people in his thread (which btw breaks catface's new policies).. I'm done with it.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Discussing admin actions in public is against the rules, and even though hardly enforced, so is bashing other members of the community. You don't even have to go into details of the triggering event to find fault on Spike's side.

10. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Moving on from what happened, you guys must understand by now that something must be done for server owners to work together and for PUGs to be handled better.

First off, the community is not limited to one server, the reason this thread is a problem is because this should be posted on NUBS's forums, right now the community and NUBS are one, and this is NOT okay.
    This is not a competition, this is not a market, this is a community. Advertising is not condemned as there is no competition to be made, all servers owners should work together to give a chance for every player to experience different servers.

Now what's a PUG and how is it handled?
    a PUG is a community organised event intending to bring people to play the game at some point during the week.

Q: "What happens when a PUG is set up?"
    A: people will receive notification either through the forums or through the steam groups
    Q: What about people who did not visit the forums or are not members of any of the PUG groups?
    A: If the PUG is organised by NUBS everything will go well as it is most often (always) the populated server.
    Q: But what if it is not hosted by NUBS?
    A: This happens

Proposal Number One:
    PUGs should be advertised equally on every server, no matter who organised it or which server people are playing on.

Proposal Number Two:
    A community manager should be appointed. Someone who is objective and can organise.

But is he right? Because I haven't seen anyone even ask themselves that or give any reason why it is wrong to advertise community events.

so I'm gonna ask, why is it wrong to advertise community events? Why is it more important that we play on one server rather than another?

Dont doublepost por favor-zoom

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
  11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

X you are misinformed about poaching and the way spike went about things, servers are not community property but the property of the one that pays its bills.
    No Advertising /poaching has always been a given rule on any game server, whether stated or not, its a no brainer.

When I had VIPER, Trickster and I would always get the okay from each other if we wanted to advertise each others events, on the other ones server, its common decency and we never said no when asked. that's how its done, that's the right way to do things. But this isn't even the issue, you're post about advertising events is off track, its the way Spike responded that is causing all the drama and negativity.
    Bottom line is server owners have the say of what goes on in their server and what doesn't and if someone has an issue with that then they deal with it in a mature, respectful manner, unlike Spike.

Alos it was a closed passworded event with predetermined teams, innately there was no reason to spam another server with event and password, then whats the point of the winter league being a scrim not PUG? and if people weren't' showing up, that's when the courtesy should have been afforded to the creeper for permission to advertise the event.

12. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I'm not off topic, and if I understand right your answer to "Why?" is "because that's the way it is", this is not an answer.

This is the problem, as I pointed out the community and NUBS is one, therefore Creeper basically has the say in what goes on in the community, and I'm sorry but I never voted him to be Community Manager.

13. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

that wasn't my answer, please reread my response there are no words to suggest that. so then VIPER and the community were one as well???

and you are saying the creeper should pay the bills and you all tell him what to do on his server???

I think not

14. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yes, VIPER and the community was one as well.

no I'm saying Creeper should put the interest of the community before his own.

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

who cares who is right? god please this isnt kindergarten. its more about getting along ...

... theres two opinions - talk it out. flinging shit at eachother doesnt solve any issues.

i can understand spikes original intention to get more players. i only mind what came afterwards. this thread for example - its just unworthy.

16. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

the creeper does put the community interest before his own, writes plugins for empires, is a dev for empires, he holds PUGS for the community, pays for a server for the community to play on. Whenever catface or spike asks him to use his server for their events, which have been numerous times he has always said yes.

Id say the creeper has done a lot for the community in such a short time since he has his server.

17. hankgank

hankgank Member

I actually have to agree. Ive dragged this up a long time ago but was circle jerked the f*ck away. This damn community is so new player unfriendly. And you still insist on your shitty 52 player limit which advertises those who played this game for a long time being all Supah serial over their games not clusterfucking.

People basically came to play this game for the clusterfucks back when empires still were a decent game with cool players.
    We even played those crazy maps like octagon and rainbowroad all the time which were just fun for both sides, not your shitty dream of having battlefield the MOBA. If you nutheads only got back the 64 players limit back and actually gave what new players want to make this game alive again we might have a more fresh playerbase. I know some people who left this game because of this. Fuck sake 10 people will be speccing anyways unless they really want to join a reallly fun game. But i guess when they think its fun you guys cry for the rest of the night because more people wanna join.

Ich bein triggered. Anyways this is like my opinion from watching this game rise and fall. The game has been dying for a reason after all.

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Oh yeah lets leave out the part where doing that made a crapton of people upset and leave the game.

Anyway, this is not a "Lamentations about playing empires during x time" thread. If you want have one then make one, otherwise keep your controversial opinions on topic.

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  19. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Fuck reading things on this new forum is difficult. The text just doesn't work for me.

20. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

hankgank you obviously know nothing about running an empires server given your suggestions
    or why those maps took place the way they did (vote broken and people took advantage of it) w/o VIPER the mod would have been dead and I felt obligated to keep it up and going long after I wanted to quit for that reason.
    and Your post also has nothing to do spikes ban or his behavior as z1000m said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.