me and neoony banned From nubs for telling people about an empires event

Discussion in 'General' started by Spike, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

So we join nubs server to tell the people on the nubs that there is an empires squad league game and everyone is welcome, to let other player's who do not use the forum or that are not in any empires groups that there is an organised game that has been on the event schedule from the beginning of the month.

Now i talked to creeper about this issue and he seems to think that me and neoony were trying to poach his server, i can assure everyone that i was not, i basically joined the server posted something along the lines of "There is a empires squad league game of epic server everyone is welcome". it was not like we posted something like "don't play on nubs server come to epic server". Also i have posted similar things in the past when an event has been scheduled and no one has banned me for it.

This is the thanks me and neoony get for trying to popularize the squad league. I don't think bans are necessary when the player base is as low as it is.

I think thecreeper is way out of line.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The message already entails poaching. You shouldn't have posted it there and then. The right thing to do it was to advertise ahead of time, if at all, through the server. Not being banned before is not really an excuse, particularly around these parts.

Just walk or talk it off instead of going public about it.

3. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

asking the server owner for permission is the right way to go. You don't take it upon yourself to spam another server for another servers events w/o the server owner giving the okay. Especially this was a closed event passworded and predetermined teams, you should use the steam group forums or pm's and or ask the server owner. You are not an exception to poaching rules.

You thinking you have to right to do this on someone else's server is out of line.

BTW Neoony is unbanned he understood the situation and the reasoning behind it.

4. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I think anyone would consider this poaching no matter the circumstances, even if it's a developer sponsored event. TheCreeper spends a lot of time seeding and organizing the server to make sure there's good games, I think he was in the right, especially on a Saturday.

5. Spike

are you kidding me you are actually supporting this bullshit ? btw up date neoony was unbanned i wasnt.

6. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

neooney was unbanned because he did not act like you. He understood why the ban was issued and appreciated thecreepers position on it.

7. Spike

i was talking to him about the issue but then ignored me.

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Lol, someone actually had the balls to do it, props.

9. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I am guessing its just a short ban. Man up and wait it out since you sort of deserved it. Obviously you should have discussed it with the resident admin first before even attempting something like that. How could you not think of it as poaching? You come in... announce another server and people start leaving. Sounds like poaching to me.

10. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Can we close/delete this?

Doesn't look like something that should be discussed here.

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I don't think it should be deleted or closed since Spike opened the can of worms by making this thread. Spike still doesn't see that he did anything wrong and he's PMing people and complaining about it. I feel he needs to see how others are viewing what he did and how the ban was NOT out of line and hopefully not go about things the same way in the future.
    It's a short term ban

12. Spike

I don't believe this shit people are actually condoning this shit in all seriousness fuck viper 2.0 and the shit heads that run it. this server has been killing this mod for years and no one will admit it.

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

there has to be drama doesnt it? how hard is it to accept it was a misunderstanding and say sorry? like itd physically hurt. in the end everyone just wants to have a good game ...

... but its none of my business.

D.D.D. Destroyer likes this.
  14. Z100000M

You fucking what?

15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

LOL @ my server was killing the mod, Spike have you been drinking again?

16. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Spike Spike Spike - did you do something that pissed someone off and won't take ownership of that action?

Did you actually post the password and invite all of NUBS server's beloved NUBS to the match? Might this be considered an overly hostile act.

Kudo's to Creeper for having a pair of balls and telling the self appointed regime of insane Bitch Doctors to go fuck themselves. Keep this up and you're going to change a very nice guy into one of you'se nuts.

Awe Spike - you've gone and made me change my signature.

17. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Spike, why do you persist on doing things like this. It is self destructive to both you and the mod, as you state, you are one of the devs. You have to start holding yourself to a higher standard, as the eyes of new players are on you. When you do things like this, and you had to know you were poaching, you send the wrong message to new players.
    Poaching for any reason is bad, but you were poaching for a closed event that had sign ups prior to the match. Asking why you were banned after the fact was a wasted effort. Asking me before you did it would have been the better option. I would have told you no, don't do it.
    Seriously, acting like it was not actually a poach is just belittling to you and all of us who know it was poaching. I mean, even pires recorded what you say in chat and was broadcasting it afterwards. I have often heard you complain that admins don't do their job, and when they do their job and it affects you because of bad judgement on your part, they are somehow suppose to give you a pass on it?
    Spike, you know I try to help you, even if sometimes its harsh and not what you want to hear. I just ask that next time, stop and think before you do something you know is going to end up where it ended up. You have a good grasp on infantry weapon scripting, which is why you are where you are.
    But then your actions on other stuff overshadows it, and makes you look bad. Dazzle them with your knowledge of scripting, not with this other stuff.

This is exactly the attitude I am talking about. If you even stop to think that Vipers was killing the mod, then you are beyond hope. This kind of attitude does NOT need to be on the dev team, and everyone needs to step up and say so.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    vipervicki and D.D.D. Destroyer like this.
  18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I agree doc unless spike changes the way he acts and behaves in servers and forums I feel he should not be on the dev team either. He is not someone who should be representing the mod, his thread and posts here are examples of why he should not be on the team and it goes even beyond his thread for things he has said and how he has acted in many other instances.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Acting like this is never the right thing to do, regardless of who you are. I sure expect appropriate action to be taken yet again.

20. Z100000M

So, what was this new anti toxic-towards-community policy again

D.D.D. Destroyer and vipervicki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.