Massive lag

Discussion in 'General' started by thetim, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

Normally house of rage is not that laggy but i never played it a full capacity so IDK.

2. Zeke

Zeke Banned

it is laggy at higher player counts. very laggy.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Pretty much exactly what MOOtant said, that's why Nachos wasn't effected. G4TC servers are getting hit at the moment, but it'll be sorted soon. BSID server just isn't powerful enough to run it at the level they do. Like someone said, at 30 players it FEELS like the server is being DDoSed it lags that much. Although they used to run it at 100 tick. Not sure if they still do but, if they do, they could probably fix it by just dropping the tickrate. We might possibly go for 66 tick on the G4TC servers though since MOOtant's optimisations, we've got the CPU spare now.

4. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

Well, Nacho's was hit later on, and I know what Raeg feels like but, it went mental and crashed at one point so someone might have hit it too.

5. spellman23

spellman23 Member

So yeah.... some random script kiddy decided to spam empires servers? Lame...

6. Violent Crimes

Violent Crimes Member

This isn't a script kiddie, I have been working on hl2 servers for more then 5 yrs. I helped Neotokyo with their release to make the server side smooth, and helped Kingdom Collides with theirs. What this person is doing is either using a very intense script to spoof 1000's of IPS or he has a massive botnet either way they know what they are doing. I honestly have very few ideas on how to even block this kind of attack besides null routing all traffic to that IP. Maybe if you made filtering traffic using ipsec or maybe when you are being attack make a script to ban all the ips that are pinging the IP besides that I personally don't think it is worth it.

7. manbeef

manbeef Member

Apparently pcwizdan has been spotted lately, and he is a known DDoSer.

8. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

Get his steam ID report him to Valve
    Watch him loose TF2 and other games he has..... Laugh to death when he comes back whit a new account and new games

9. Trickster

...He has a steamID spoofer ffs. Seriously, PcWizdan isn't a dumbass. He's not like the empvets who play under an alias or use a 2nd account that they forget to set to private and leave all their old friends on it to get busted.

He's got access to a botnet, he knows nearly every exploit there is on the source engine, he's been doing this for a long time, he has a steamID spoofer and the packets he's spamming CANNOT be blocked without a lot of hassle. And that hassle involves speaking to your Server provider and having them speak with his ISP, or setting up a linux box with a windows virtual (YES RECON I JUST WENT AND DID MY FUCKING RESEARCH) to prevent it.

It's a pain in the ass, possible to get around, but still a pain. He does it after every release though so, he'll probably go away in a week or 2 and move onto some other game.

10. Senor_Hybrido

Senor_Hybrido Member

Making us play Empires less for a few weeks? Not exactly a bad time for some of us, I guess.

11. Demented

Demented Member

I say we release updates every two weeks to keep him busy. :p
    (Totally no ulterior agenda here.)

12. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I could release a small update now, but I am too lazy to make a installer (and especially find out how I build the linux server ...)

13. zenarion

zenarion Member

I am actually prepared to fund HSM's "Reality Strikes Back" project.

14. Demented

Demented Member

There are more deserving people. There always are.

If anything, you should fund Brutos' "Build the Linux Server" project. And by fund, I mean beat him soundly for motivation.

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

u dare beating brutos!!!! :o

16. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Okay I've done a little detectiving and found out he may not actually re-new the spoof'd ids over and over but has a limited pool of them. I've found he's been banned from MANY css servers, and hlstats of course recorded everything about it, accept his ip was hidden each time but I can confirm he is in America if you already didnt know that and commonly uses the alais [super]k and superman and many other keywords but that was actually back in 2006. I'll be reading more into it and he better hope I don't actually can't find his ip using the wayback program.

17. Demented

Demented Member

He'll get better.

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The problem is is that this attack is bad for anyone that just joined. I know that people that have lived in empires for some time aren't just going to say "fuck dis shit i'm gonna go paly counter struck" BUT the newbs are gonna go to the game, complain about the unlivable lag, and just leave and NEVER come back.

We've got to stop this shit is there a way we can use the ips that violent has supplied to us so that we can kinda stop the denial of service from being possible.

plus shame on you for putting the blame on a convict gaming admin, one of the biggest server organisations. I think we should ddos back from some computer so that the ips can't send packets towards us.

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i wish you fun (D)DoS'ing spoofed IPs ...

20. Trickster

FUCK YOU FLASCHE, YOU RUINED MY OFFICIAL SECTION COMBO

Oh, this will fix it.

EDIT: Derp

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.