Make Suggestions thread only viewable by anyone other than junior members

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Goose, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Reef

Reef Member

OK I have a new idea.
    Let's create a new, hidden, "Elite suggestions" forum. Then let's give a link to it in the "Suggestions guidelines" topic, so if a player that joins the forum is smart enough to read it, he will find this text in the bottom:
    N00bs can still post their stuff here and if someone wants to, he will read it.
    Guys that have read the guidelines and create non-repeated (with a help of search button), non-idiotic threads can post in the elite forum.

I read the above and it seems crazy... But it could work :)

2. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

This is a stupid idea. Plenty of people only come to the forums to the first time because they had a few good ideas (I was one of them.) And many absolutely bad ideas (like this one, for instance) are posted by people who have been here for a while.

Stupid ideas in the suggestions forum aren't hurting anyone. They're easy enough to ignore or shoot down. The 'compiled suggestions' thread ensures they don't bother anyone important. The excessive whining about them is far more annoying than they are.

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

Dizzy is like Chuck Norris. He was never a n00b. And he CAN touch MC Hammer.

4. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

He made a bunch of shitty movies then turned into a born-again pussy?

5. Chahk

Chahk Member

Dizzy counted to infinity. Twice.

6. Androc

Androc Member

I think we just need some way to verify that they've read the 'do not suggest this' list. Like, maybe the instructions thread contains information on how to obtain permission to post in this forum.

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Have a huge list of what they should not suggest every damn time they post in the forum.

And I really like this ''us and they'' .

And about that ranking system, expect to see spam from the others to become member..

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

We must preserve the glorious senior member master race.

9. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Dude I'm totally a part of that race too!
    Brothers unite!

10. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

Ein Volk.
    Ein Reich.
    Ein Fuhrer.
    Ein Usergroup.

11. Goose

Goose Member

Maybe if the fucking idiots would read the FAQ we wouldn't have this problem. The forum masters invented a search button for a reason. What happens to the shitty ideas is that people spam them, keep pushing them to the top, and all the good ideas are mixed amongst them, some getting ignored.

12. Opie

Opie Member

I'll admit it. I don't read the suggestion forums anymore. Too much dumb crap is posted here

13. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I stopped checking the suggestion forums for a while, and came back to them after I heard that the activity died down a bit.

14. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I think there should be junior sujestions part and a senior sujestions part so and program it (if possible) so that noobs cant make threds there. they are allowed to make posts but not threds ^^

15. Noskillz & Nokillz

Noskillz & Nokillz Member

Some people who play the game are too lazy to create forum accounts until now or post 10 times a day in the forums to get "senior member" status

If you try to relate "member" ranking to intelligence/competence... you will fail. I need not say any examples??

16. Caelo

Caelo Member

What we need is: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

yup.. let's jsut have people vote and if 5+ ideas from one user gets voted down into minus area remove his ability to post ideas..

17. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Just because someone comes up with a shit idea (and i mean REALLY bad) doesnt mean that they dont have the mental capasity to come up with the best idea in the world.

18. Reef

Reef Member

Yes, I agree, but I dropped reading of suggestions forum because of all the n00bs posting the same topics ("My suggestions", "Suggestion to Empires") over and over and over. I don't have time to read all this crap and find the topics that are really posted after considering it.

I would read and commit to the level 2 suggestions forum, where experienced users would post.
    There are some users that would read all the levels, so if the best idea comes up in low level forum - it would be read.

The number of threads created per week, would not change.

It would be just divided between the experienced forum users, and not experienced forum users.
    I know. Someone plays Empires for a long time and he decided to make an account just now. Okay, he can post in level 1 and there will be some people that will read it, but he is not experienced in processing suggestions.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  19. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I try to read all the posts made on this forum, that sometimes takes a good hour to do, but i also try to respond to some suggestions, which also takes some time.
    Then you've got the ideas that were suggested before, telling people that those suggestions were already made and that it was shot down doesn't seems to have much of an effect, they'll continue on as if i never said anything.

20. Reef

Reef Member

Exacly. I don't have an hour every day to dig through crap to find something usefull... But I would like to read and commit to ideas that are not-hopeless.

Can We solve that without creating a new forum section? I don't think so.