Make Suggestions thread only viewable by anyone other than junior members

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Goose, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Goose

Goose Member

Title says it all. Either Hide it or disable posting on their account for the suggestion forum.

2. supaste

supaste Member

made of win

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I like it but, How can they reach the next level if they arn't spamming the same ideas over and over again in suggestions area? lol

4. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

The problem is that you can only learn what you should not post in the
    suggestion thread. Like mechs, gates, bunkers and so forth.

So if you want to change it, let them view it but posting is not allowed

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

Then they just have to spam crap until they get 20 posts. -.-

6. Spooky

Spooky Member

A screening process?

Either that or have some sort of screening process to tell if there a noob or not, i keep in mind gameplay and bug's when i suggest stuff, and i have noticed 2 other noobs made there few suggestions similar to how i did it, but my idea's actually didnt ruin the game... lol:D

7. Chahk

Chahk Member

What's the point? They will just flood the General Discussion forum with their "awsum sudjeshins" instead. At least this way all the crazy stuff is consolidated in one place for Krenzo to ignore ;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  8. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

I agree with Chahk.
    Anyone who has an idea that is good enough to actually be implemented probably already knows the people to contact.

9. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

Needs to be something different, or people who are long term players will be discouraged when they come here for their first suggestion..

10. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

I think this is a bad idea, it'll just discourage newbs.

If we must, just make a kiddiepool, maybe the Hole, where people can only post until a certain postcount?

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

How about junior members don't get acces to any of the forums, instead they get their own junior version of the empires forums, with noob threads only. That'll keep our part of the forums clean, an even better idea is to never allow them become senior members, let them stay junior forever, once a noob, always a noob. Amirite?

12. manhunt0r

manhunt0r Member

can i has my kkk antinub slogans and swastikas in teh suggestions forum?

13. Reef

Reef Member

Maby suggestion forums should have levels, like:
    lvl1 for noobs
    lvl2 for >50 points
    lvl3 for >100 points
    lvl4 for >200 points

Let's (for a moment) assume that 1point=1post.

You can read all the forums, but You can create threads only when You have enough points. You post on the highest forum You can unless You think and idea is loose and it doesn't deserve posting that high.

Why that much points for lvl2? It would make a n00b think "I would have to spend days posting stuff to get into lvl2 forums! I'll just post my suggestion in lvl1 then."

That would mean You would discuss n00b ideas with n00bs, and "good" ideas (the ones with high probability of being good), with more experienced users.

Many people (me at least) would like to read higher ranked ideas, without the n00bposts.

Now let's redefine points to Karma. Everyone (* that has more than 30 posts on his account) can give 1 Karma point every day to a user of his choice. You get Karma for constructive posts and good ideas, but You can get a negative Karma point for posting crap.
    This is a pretty scalable mechanizm. It would prevent spamming and it would give forum admins an ability to create leveled forum sections by reliable ranking system. I am sure that there are plugins that we could adapt to this use.

14. [KM] The Corpse

[KM] The Corpse Member

Well isn't this a bunch of elitist bullshit..

Just because someone is new to a forum doesn't automatically make them some dribbling idiot who needs to be segregated from the rest of group for fear of lowering the collective IQ.

15. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

second that.
    just because we are new at the forum does not mean we are "noobs":cry:(xD)

16. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I agree.

And Dizzyone, even you were a noob once.

Also I personally like the fresh ideas as the best ideas. Even they may be totally unbalanced or not thought to finish but I like those because those may give others some sparks which light up their fire to work on a thing.

17. Goose

Goose Member

That is completely true. It's not about being elitist, its that most of the suggestions in this thread, have either a) been suggested multiple times, b) completely stupid suggestions that makes you wonder if they even played the game.

Just looking at the list on the front page there are 5-6 either idiotic ideas (I should not criticize but such as remove the CV from the game is one of them) or ideas that have been suggested elsewhere in the forum. All of which these suggestions were made by junior members. I saw one or two ideas that I feel are stupid written by Senior or regular Members, but these were new ideas.

I have nothing against Junior Members as some of them know what they are doing and such. The problem I have is someone playing the game for the first or second time and they come in the forums saying, nerf this, how about add planes, and that sort of shit.

There are two types of Junior Members: Junior Members that have a feel for the game and have played for awhile, and Junior Members who made an account and don't bother to read forum rules and suggest things that have been suggested before, and were not great ideas.

I feel that the majority of Junior Members are the latter of the two. With that said, just have it so Junior Members cannot create new threads in the suggestion part, or having it so suggested ideas must first be approved by a moderator.

18. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Maybe a disclamer of items not to be sudgested upon first acces to the sudjestion forum.

19. arklansman

arklansman Member

That one went waaaaaaaaay over your head. :P

20. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

This is sooo not true.