Little Additions Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by DonMegel, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Why not just give this to the comm?

Example: When comm selects a turret, all the turrets on the screen get those kinds of circles you are talking about on them, and the turret you are going to place also has one. That way the comm can see how far a turret would shoot when he's placing one.

2. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Thats even better!

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

you're not supposed to know who the enemy comm is, so one color for the commander, no matter what faction would be better (imho)

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

How about the darker color only shows up for your team. :)

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

perfect!

there also needs to be a hud indicator when there is no commander for more than 30 seconds.

6. Havok4

Havok4 Member

I like the idea of turret rang indicators, i find those helpfull in almost any game that has them.

7. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

I don't know whether this should be categorized as a "little" addition, or a greater feature. Anyways...

Helmet removal. Without a helmet, the player's hearing would improve (a longer hearing range and a slightly higher volume) and he'd also obviously have a lower profile, useful for scouts. However, I guess it should go without a mention that the head hitbox would then be a lot more vulnerable to damage.

Long falls and powerful explosions and such should cause the helmet to fall off by itself, but you should also be able to take it off yourself. I'm not sure how this could be made to work, perhaps add an extra weapon slot that allows you to slowly take it off and put it back on, or a key binded to do that, or a key binded to just throw it away.

I know this feature might sound a bit useless to some people, but it'd be a neat polishment among other nice little things for when the major features are done. This kind of stuff makes the characters more lifelike and increases the overall coolness factor of the game.

8. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

That might be hard to do, but if it's not, headshots MUST flip the helmet off

9. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

golden eye (the orginal, not sure about scource) did that i think. it was one thing i liked about the game. that and how hitting the gun would block a shot (if we add the helmet thing we might as well add that).

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Those sound like really cool ideas that are not "Little Additions"

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

If i could have any little detail in: one hard to code but a brilliant little addition to the game, it would be either the melee system i came up with a while ago, for some Dawn of War like encounters, or the "Push" idea, where you could give your upturned vehicle a shove to try and upwrite it.

mabey we should have a thread for cool things we'd like to see way off in 2010..?

12. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I'm pretty sure my suggestions were "little additions"

changing the default speed I imagine would only involve changing a single number in the code, and re-loading the minimap script would involve re-executing existing code.

And then of course the idea which makes mine better

I dont know how easy colors would be, as I have no knowledge in programming GUIs and graphics, but I think it would be pretty simple for Krenzo to do.

13. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

You're right jcw87, i was talking about JJ's post, which he said might not be very little. No need to get your quills up.

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

Or this one. :rolleyes:

15. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

simple additions: mine counters for grenaders
    let coms recycle turrets and walls built by engies

16. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

How about we start with allowing the comm to recycle his own walls first k? :)

17. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Can you change it so when someone has the health upgrade they spawn will 130 health.

18. Aurora

Damaged skins for soldiers

If anybody played Quake 2, they might remember that the enemies had an extra skin with bloody cuts that would appear when they were low on health. Something similiar for the Emp soldiers could be good. Some blood stains here and there, cuts on the skin, dirt and rips in the clothes, carbon all over, that sort of stuff. Even more awesome would be if the undamaged and damaged skins could gradually blend with each other depending on health level. Though, I have no idea if that's possible.

19. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Your wish is my command...

20. Aurora

Quackums, we have some deals to make. :p