List of bugs, defects, or stupids.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by uZiSoFt, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

After playing a beta for over a year, you kinda get used to the bugs and forget they are bugs.

2. Gunnery Seargent Hartman

Gunnery Seargent Hartman Member

I still sometimes change weapon when my calculator ammo approaches 0 :p

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Mr Weedy has been banned for 3 days because of his attitude towards bug reporting. The 1.08 test is to find bugs and report them! If you're not doing that, then you need to leave. I will not tolerate the attitude that surrounded the fast build bug of "oh, krenzo hasn't fixed it yet; I'll continue to be secretive and snicker with the hope that he doesn't find it."

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

In that case, did you know there is still a fast build bug with the engi tool?

Also, poor mr weedy, got banned from irc once and now from the forums, how much beating can he take? xD

5. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I don't know if it has been mentioned on the eleven pages here, or that it is known and being worked on, but you can still hide in the sides of the vehicle pad of a Brenodi vehicle factory and be practically invisible. Pretty abusable by ninjaneers.

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

That is a feature. It was designed so that if you could find a rare hiding spot that is enclosed on three sides, you would be completely invisible. Discussion about changing it is welcome, but it's not going to be changed unless a consensus is reached.

7. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I doubt falling through a seemingly solid floor is a feature. You can get under the VF floor by moving to the side of the construction bay and falling down the holes. This has been the case since the structures got their hitboxes redone.

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

By "hiding" I thought he meant using Hide as a scout.

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

Some of those places you can't get out of.

Kinda sucks when you have to drop down to kill the bastard who's killing your building. (of course you can just build something in the vf :P)

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

does someone still have the original model of all the structures with collision models inside of the file? Once Ive reinstalled maya, I'd be willing to fix in I dno, a month or so. But I'd have to compile it all myself to assure i'd work.

11. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

I find that one quite annoying when you are trying to destroy the building as it feels very underhand to kill it from within.

Does the bug tracker need much info for registering? Its scared me off at the "log in or register" page every time I've almost gotten around to reporting things properly. Its still quite fun to do little exploits like sidestepping as you go prone on a steep displacement (e.g. on slaughtered) and plopping into the bottom of the map.

12. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Just register using the same info you used here. It's not that bad.

13. picard131

picard131 Member

I still didn't know that you could do that. :o

14. FishThePirate

FishThePirate Member

Scout rifle is excellent if you have the accuracy skill. Or atleast, I manage to kill all kinds of things. Hit confirmation would be stupid, it's not like the game is very realistic, why take out that little bit of realism?

15. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Then the only bug-like aspect of it is that you can crawl through the crates at the front to get out, this may be to offer an escape route if you desperately want to get out. But shunning realism can only go so far as you start to ghost through solid crates, right?

16. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Also, vehicles seem to roll a lot more then they used to after they're destroyed. Did something change to it? The effect looks weird.

17. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Regarding: Engineer Squad Leader Skill: Squad Revive

What's the status on the bug reporting of this power? It's very buggy and if no one has reported it in detail, I need some people to get together with me some time this week to test it extensively, and possibly suggest different ways to execute the skill.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

if i get on IRC and ask to do a bugtesting session, anyone willing to get ingame and test? about 5 people would be perfect.