Limit ammoz for tanks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Feb 15, 2012.

?

Should ammo be limited for tanks?

1. Yes.

64.0%
  2. No.

36.0%
  1. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

I can see the days of engineer drivers with second seat grens with difuse coming back.

Also, don't give infantry unlimited ammo. Do you real want a bunch of scouts that can sit back forever and snipe without having to find ammo?

maybe instead of worrying about altering gameplay that works, maybe let the devs just concentrate on fixing the bugs/exploits that are currently present already. just my own opinion, your mileage may vary on this subject.

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

As opposed to scouts that sit back and snipe five minutes out of every six?

I usually die before I run out of bullets as a scout.

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

People have played Deus EX 2 right? The not so good spinoff of the first game. Remember it had a standard ammo that nanites converted to ammo for all of your weapons? Why not do something similar here?

An ammo type that you need to visit a repair pad or armory to fill up. A portion of that ammo is lowered with each reload of any weapon. Some weapons will use more of the standard ammo on reload then others. The larger the tank the larger the ammo stock it can hold. This way you can set a max damage a tank can deal per tank chassis.

I always though being able to fill your tank from an ammo crate was just a really silly idea that made no sense.

4. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

this applies in so many ways round here lately

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Ya know, just fixing bugs doesn't actually get more people to play the game. It actually leads to the game getting stagnant and the playerbase leaving. You may not believe me, but if all you do is fix the bugs, people eventually get bored because the things they want to see aren't getting in.

Not that i'm saying this is one of those things, just answering that point.

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

No, we know that, but there's so many bugs right now that we're struggling to add to it.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I know, I just meant...the mindset that a game will get more popular if you just fix the bugs, is wrong. I just noticed a couple people say that from time to time.

Not that you shouldn't fix the bugs though.

Or maybe I just read it in the wrong way.

8. Reznov

Reznov Member

Playerbase joining, yes. Playerbase leaving, nope.

Trust me, when some of these major bugs have been fixed, people would stay for a even longer period imo. Also there might be vets coming back too like recently.

And it's not just all bugfixes either.

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I don't really want to argue about this. I've observed it on many different levels at many different times.

One thing I would put forward in my defense, is why players come back with a new version. The first thing they ask is what are the changes, what are the additions, rather than has bug x,y,z been fixed, because tbh, Empires doesn't have bugs that completely ruin the game right now. It has had, but we're very lucky that right now it doesn't.

10. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

The new "features" in the svn bring new bugs, which need to be fixed before adding any new things, I mean it's good that empires doesn't have any gamebreaking bugs atm, but shouldn't it stay that way? Because a shiny turd is still a turd and a crashing empires won't be played for long, even with blimbs.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Ikalx is right, honestly, just stop arguing with him. The problem is, we can't leave bugs unfixed, especially when they're as game-breaking as what's in now. It's sucking up time and it's demoralising for the coders, but it HAS to be done.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Gah, I don't even know why I started down this path now. Sorry all xD