Lets Play! 24-08 1900-UTC (2000-BST)

Discussion in 'General' started by A-z-K, Aug 12, 2013.

1. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Server thing was my bad I guess, I dunno how. I woke up like 30 minutes before we started and apparently people had started seeding the wrong server - although for those few that did, can you tell me if there were any huge lag spikes? I'm assuming there was not or I'm guessing someone would have posted here already. Why it was unpassworded then passworded or how people ended up on there I dunno. I hoped everyone would just get the event invite and click join. Thankfully everyone was patient and it wasn't a big deal to get people to move.

Big thanks Trickster for setting up EPIC at late notice. Viper lagged last night and I haven't had time to look at what was going on. I didn't fancy stress testing it with a PUG.

Towards the end we did lack willing commanders, would have been nice if more people had commanded & thanks to everyone that did.

Thanks to everyone who came, there was an absence of douch baggery which was nice.
    The first 3 or 4 rounds were really great fun. Really good time playing the new version of Commandergrad. I'm looking forward to playing it a lot more.

I'm sad you didn't msg me Security - I would have kicked some random.
    I'm surprised the server did fill up quite so much as there wasn't many signups here and there wasn't much spamming done. But I think the player count at 48 is nice and not having a password definitely makes things so much easier.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. Sitka

Sitka Member

And then this happened.
    [​IMG]
    I fucking love 9mines. They can save your ass.

Also fix the damned NF rax that thing is a fucking magnet. Needs restart.

At one point it felt like someone was ramming me forwards but i looked back and saw no vehicles. Obviously this is without doubt admin abuse and no fault of my own and we should have restarted the round again.

pls restart
    restart pls

pls restart map pls
    restart pls

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

my epic nine mine that sent the BE cv into space :3.

4. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Everyone was so butthurt about the restart, it was hilarious. It was only five minutes; if people are too damn impatient to wait five more minutes then they should go take a piss or make a sandwich, it'd be over before they notice.

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Another one next week? or the week after? Don't think we lack the pop to do it again.

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Quite honestly i wasnt even serious when asking for restart, fully expecting the usual "whatever i dont care" admin attitude.

People cant use freaking squad points at all. Seriously, of all the games this night (of every squad i played anyway), I was the only that generously spammed heal and rev. Still ended the round with a fat pocket of points.

7. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

All I heard was lots of people saying their comm crashed like 5 secs into the game. No-one said it was fine and a replacement had been found. As far as I knew there was no comm and on a map like canyon starting without a comm in a pug is a fail round so I restarted. I don't think there was that much rage, everyone got on with after that. If anyone can prove they legitimately had anything to do I will refund them 5 minutes of their life using magic (and I hate magic)

Yeah I'll probably try for Bi-Weekly but I'll make sure Viper is solid first before I plan the next one so I don't need to lean on people.

8. Extrems

Extrems Webmaster Extraordinaire

9. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

When my com vehicle glitched out I didn't get a restart.
    I had to give it to Xellos.
    Double standards

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I have no recollection of you crashing except for you chastising me later on.
    I can't read minds & I'm not going spend my whole game investigating everything people say and watching for the things they don't.

For what it is worth I am sorry and I will sponsor an endangered animal in your name.

11. Z100000M

Hah, the replays showed me why i enojyed this round of canyon so much. Good old wall trench, without overly being nadespam oriented.
    Also, no fucking UGL apcs at all.
    God bless sitka and his mental problems of researching UML as bren.

Also loved Teeth raging against my sea of walls. I hope you be guys had a real blast sitting and shooting at them all the time.

The reboot uproar was hilarious to see, although i didnt apparently pay any attention to it in game. It seems everyone had their mojo ruined by it or someshit. It sure got alot more "negative reception" that i could ever imagine. Lol.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  12. Sitka

Sitka Member

UML used to be awesome. I'd research them even for BE because of the huge firepower they added. Briefly forgot that UML is now complete shit (thanks trickster) and you should always go bioML instead.

Also first time i was com for like a month after doing other shit.
    I did miss improved detonation at first tho.

Because i'm not a bitch and realized that every match so far was UML UGL (fuck typos) spam. No need to fuck the event up further.

Really we lost on the fact that i told people to go to hold onto E3 (where the actual ref is) but rather the fight held on around the corner area while NF easily messed up west.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  13. BigTeef

Nothing else matters in empires

this day will haunt you for the rest of your life

when people are laughing in the halls

its you

this is real life

they will never forget, they will never forgive

empires

the final frontier

14. Neoony

Neoony Member

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I was (still am) on a laptop so my recording capabilities were non-existent. I forgot about the demoes though :/

16. Z100000M

I wish it was.

17. BigTeef

I like trench battles, that's why I want an empires trench map so bad.

Also regarding my mapping, I haven't started because I just forgot then I noticed my trip begins in a few days.

I will try to do something with the two weeks of freedom after that.

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

here you get an emoticon to encourage you :3

19. Sitka

Sitka Member

Damnit i meant UGL spam.

20. FN198

FN198 Member

we had a trench map once, it was called emp_valley.

it was primarily a trench map because in order to survive you had to build trench like walls... and keep them up