Kicking Hobbs asses

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Mar 21, 2013.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you take this way too personal ...

2. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Ya I have no choice but to take it the way I take it. Once I learned that about half of the players on this game can be very high strung and choose to do so on purpose, I stopped taking it personally. I laugh when Angry Furor joins. He surely doesn't enjoy my commanding his games since I'll tell him "Say Please". :)

I think I'm just using this forum to keep from digging into JQuery. Fucking Microsoft has to reinvent the world.

Vinnie
    Not working on a product coming to your stores soon

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

TLDR: bragging bout real life on internet is a nono

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Trueer words have never been spoken.

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

My internet was down and this thread is still going with the dumb postings

Santiago.

6. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

If you can't contribute - throw out shit, and see if it sticks. Everything sticks on the internet.

7. FN198

FN198 Member

started reading here and thought it was about me... and then the part about losing

8. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

FN - enjoyed playing with you last night. I followed your advice since you are trying to train medium skill players to get them into high skill. I had previously read and already do all of what you recommended in your advice thread. We certainly needed that last night. Fun match regardless of the outcome. Keep plugging away. We need more guys willing to give and follow good advice.

I followed one thing I normally would not have implemented which was to push only Dual HE and not add missiles. Hopefully I understood that correctly. I still need to determine if my old dual HE+BIO or UML would have out performed just dual HE. BIO Engine enabled me to move, but not fire as rapidly as Coolant would have allowed. But it may have saved more tanks since I was able to get out of dodge when armor disintegrated.

I would normally drop 2-3 plates of armor to do UML or BIO. I didn't realize this until after the game was over, but I was coming back to re-ammo, and in most cases my tank still had 1 or 2 plates on the lowest side. Two cases I would have died, since I was blinking red. So that tactic saved two heavies. But I wonder if I would have left earlier and done more damage while fighting since they were stronger with a full missile load against our HE. I think my hit ratio was around 70%. I take the time to predict where opponent is going and lay the HE at those spots, especially since heat is an issue with bio engine. I certainly killed more than I died, while in a tank. So I'll keep giving your recommendations a try. I think if more followed the advice we would have had more heavies on the front line. I see newbs load up a full load of weapons and 2 plates on a heavy, which is ridiculous.

Honestly I blame our loss last night on engie's not dropping ammo in S Bend and only having Regen for armor. Coming back frequently for ammo stopped the push to remove NF from S Bend. No blocks against NF push into our back base, yada yada yada. At any rate - I enjoyed the match and that is what it is all about.

Kudo's to NF for the win.

Vinnie

9. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Don't add a missle to dual HE heavies; the dps is not worth the armor.

Also, there's an exploit with biodiesel that you can abuse with HE cannon. The time it takes for the engine to cool one tick corresponds roughly to the cycle time of HE cannon. Therefore, if you hold down m1, you can more or less fire while overheated at the same rate as if you were not and still move thanks to biodiesel.

It's another reason why you don't take mls; they screw up the heat cycling and make it so that your dps gets gimped anyways.

Also, regen feels really weak since 2.40.

10. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Well this is the advice from FN that I tried out last night, and I'm sure the regen time of the HE and the temp are not equal. If that were the case the tank would never overheat. So initial fire time is fast, and after you overheat fire time is about every five seconds. I think I would rather hit opponent once with a Bio missile, then HE during the time the armor is deteriorating. I'll keep experimenting.

I can't claim dual HE only is wrong. I do think it is safer and reduces the risk of losing tanks, due to the increased armor, especially if you are fighting in a group. But I don't believe that I had the upper hand on the attack.

11. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. You would indeed overheat relatively quickly with biodiesel, but the key point is that it simply doesn't matter. Whilst overheated, you don't lose any mobility, and the amount of time it takes for you to be able to fire again corresponds almost perfectly (it's about 0.3 seconds slower) with the cycle time of HE cannon.

If you don't understand what I mean, try this out:
    Build a dual HE heavy tank with biodiesel, and hold down m1. You'll see that even when you overheat, you manage to fire at more or less the same rate as you would have otherwise, because of the way heat is set up. You only need to cool one "tick" of heat before you can fire again, which takes about 2.3 seconds to do; by comparison, you can fire HE every 2 seconds whilst not overheated. Although heat works the same with all other engines, it's best to do this with biodiesel because you can still move and retreat while firing.

Edit: Also, you should bind both cannons to m1 when doing this; otherwise, it doesn't work so well.

12. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Hobbes Revenge

Well Hobbes got his revenge last night.

I joined when Hobbes and two vets were beating the crap out of two newbs. I comments: 3Vets vs 2Newbs - Nice ! A third newb joined and a fourth vet joined - making if 4Vets vs 3 newbs. The vets had like 15 refs, and left the one barracks to play with their food for a while.

So Hobbes starts a "VoteBan JustGoFly". He actually does this every time I play him, which I always took as a joke. Whammo followed, then Craig, and one of the Newbs, then finally Creeper finished it for a 30 minute ban.

I do believe the guys were just toying with me - Creeper may not have kept count, so mostly I eventually took it in good fun, although initially I was very insulted. The 30 minute delay in playing caused me to do some work rather than playing and when I did play I stayed up until 1:30 and am whipped today.

I appreciate Whammo and I think it was Creeper who apologized and even Hobbes decided to follow Whammo's lead and not play for 30 minutes due to the mis-use of the VoteBan. As a result though Vicki has removed the VoteBan cmd. I surely did not blow anyone in, she contacted me. Someone must have mentioned it to her or she saw it in the logs.

I will say that I mentioned to Vicki that UNGRIEF is being mis-used in games. I was ungriefed two nights ago and the other team could have gotten a win, when I was building a wall and my COM vehicle was detected as being Red and Blinking from gren attack above Money - bridge. I was driving away and think I could have made it out - but a gren could have gotten lucky and finished the game. We did win that match, but the ungrief could have changed the game. Other times I see admins using Ungrief to move boom tankers from walled areas. You can't boom tank and not accept the consequences. Ungrief is intended to remove newbie harm, not help vets.

Admins - be fore warned - Vicki is monitoring the use of UNGRIEF and you may get spanked for misuse.

JustGoingToSpankYouGuysOverTheLongWeekend

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  13. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Ungrief is meant to be used when a random player steals the CV from the commander an drives of into the enemy.
    No idea what admin is abusing atm, if you have names, tell other admins please.
    Thx to abuse all normal admins now have a hard time unbanning anybody from outside the server and inside the server it's hard to do.
    Have a look and laugh:
    [​IMG]
    The sole reason I freak out, when random people expect me to quickly intervent :|ove:

Edit: Your ban lasted only 25 minutes.

14. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Actually, Hobbes was commanding for both teams in that round.
    [​IMG]

15. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I, I ... ehm :headshot:

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

so thats how he wins :eek:

^^

17. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I was about to call shennanigans but then I noticed that the image quality wasn't perfect enough to be fake, and hobbes also happens to be the only Cleveland Brown's fan in the world.

18. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Well shit.

Well played, Hobbes.

*edit: How did he take the picture though?

19. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

took my right hand off the mouse for a second and snapped a photo.

20. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

LOL - you really are bored aren't you.