It's back, and worse than before.

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by PreDominance, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

That's a pretty hopeless take on it.

There has to be something that could be done, but it's mostly up to server owners anyway. Some servers seem unwilling to do whats good for the game out of fear of losing all their babies.

Trickster has EPIC working pretty well, too bad it's euro

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I think the way I see it is, I encourage EPIC not to stack with eachother, simply so they get a better game out of it. It's one thing to play with your friends, so you might see 3 EPIC vs 0 EPIC in a server, but if we start going 4, 5 or 6 EPIC in a server, then they'll split up and just go to the same area so they can fight against eachother. We just get so much more of a kick out of it, it's like having our vet match in one small pocket of the map, 5v5 squads or something.

3. Vitaly

Vitaly Member

Then Vitaly rides his squad directly over Epic squad, erecting a flag on the desecrated corpse of their squad leader. Bards sing many stories of this, Vitaly riding on his Dragon shaped Heavy Tank directly over Trickster. Truly a story of utmost valor and honor.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Bro I think you have it the wrong way round:

[​IMG]

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

euros have like EPIC which is a big clan and usually goes on both teams and then there are those like mini-clans which stack against other mini-clans on euro times, but in merikan time there is like a monopoly by consorshum because they took a chunk off of the remaining actives on BSID and a slice off of JPL and they never have a split, they all play together, along with the remaining JPL/BSID that play every day or 2 that also stack with them, not really talking about everyone here but like it's as obvious as someone with down syndrome. Fuck sakes sucks to be in American timezones sometimes. Sucks ExE died after the MEG scrim, cause we were balancing that shit.

The worst part about it is that the only non-consor comm during American times is socialized medicine, and hes not going to be on all day to command for the other team.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Weren't you the guy who made up excuses for stacking?

7. communism

communism poof

sry i have diabetes it help when i stack

8. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I don't know what stack you guys are talking about. I played during "American times" the last weekend and I did not see any noteworthy stack.

9. Vitaly

Vitaly Member

You have scorned me, sir! I shall see and murder you on the field of battle. I will take your life, then I will bed with your mother to so she will birth a true man who will be a leader of virtue to the Brenodi cause. All hail the Brenodi Empire!

10. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Stacking is silly on the CF server.

Partly because Empty is the only admin, and won't come online to deal with it.

11. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'm not saying I don't stack, I'm just pointing out the current problem.

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

ppl like you ARE the problem ...

13. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Why are we always having endless discussions bout fucking stax... STACKS IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE HERE.
    Get over it.

14. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Stacks are always going to be here.

This is fact.

Does this mean we should add to the problem? Alienate players? Encourage others to stack?

15. gezor

gezor Member

true. the problem is that empires doesnt have enough players to fill 2 teams with experienced players. when all or the majority of them joins 1 team, the games are pretty 1-sided and this ruins the fun for me ... playing on the noob / newb team just makes you angry and playing on the stacked team is boring. games without challenge arent really entertaining for me.

stacking is a tough problem, many of the suggested solutions wont work in practice.
    • ranking system which assigns players automatically - u cant really measure skill in empires in numbers; many players will be pissed when they cant choose their teams
    • admin control - most players bitch when they get teamswitched; many admins dont even care if teams are skill stacked of not; tracking stackers is tedious because many stackers change their name so that the stack isnt easy noticable
    • disabling spec - players can still open scoreboard to see where the good players are; spec mode is part of empires, disabling it is like removing content
    • force auto assign - no guarantee that u get balanced teams; many players dont like auto assign

i see only 1 real solution: getting more players. we need enough experienced players to make 2 "even" teams. i hope the new players from steam release get better soon. smaller servers might also help. 64 players on 1 server is chaotic anyways, not to mention the lag ... 48 players should be the max server size imo. would reduce lag, bring diversion (because more servers will be populated) and improve gameplay on most maps (most maps arent suitable for 64 players)

16. Paradox

You know everything I look at the forums I have a feeling some people need to read the forums better and then they'll notice the suggestions they have are all a fucking repeat of what we have said so much times before....
    like this dude with his ranking system, disabling spec, force auto assign, HELLLOOOOOOOOO HAVE YOU ACTUALLY PLAYED EMPIRES?? .................................................

17. gezor

gezor Member

i said that the suggested solutions dont work. but (newer) forum members still bring them up and discuss them. my post was just a short summary for the newbies / lazy ones who wont read all the old threads about stacking.

18. Paradox

And these forums nubs are going to randomly dig in this post to find what you have written? dont think so

19. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

forty eight players
    only, would alleviate problems:
    recreate good games

EMPIRES HAIKU mothafucka

20. Paradox

Deadpool shut your face
    We dont need good games
    This is stackpires BITCH