Is any engine worth researching instead of coolant?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Private Sandbag, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Problem is nukes double as a 'plasma missile' (same effects of plasma cannon and MG). If you get hit or even the ground 30 feet away from you gets hit, it gives you the amount of heat equivalent to actually firing a nuke yourself. I've had a nuke completely miss me and hit the ground 25 feet away and not even do any damage to me, but still overheat me and let him pound me to death with his twin HE cannons until I can start moving again.

2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

2 tank types i'd like to try:

NF jeep full of rocketeers.

LT with coolant and regen, in a group of 3, raiding

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I tried the NF jeep on my own. Just get a 3phase one, rush him and try to get him to fire into the wall. You'll lose a ticket, but they'll probably lose (or heavily damage) a 3000-res tank :p

4. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

1 Scout, 2 Grenadiers, 1 Rifleman, a Jeep, and Vehicle Speed +10% = Better then a heavy tank.

The bad thing is, that when you die, you lose 3 people extra.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

replace the scout with engy for ellite pwnage.

6. Slithzerikai

Replace the Scout, lose the ability to outspeed missile launcher turrets.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

you can pretty much outrun with a 3phase, but the problem is you need a LONG distance past the turrets to keep going before you loose them. much better is to fly past and into the enemy base, then all jump out. 5 seconds later a whole load of Missiles will crash into it, but you'll have had pleanty of time since then.

New descussion:
    If you can shoot down missiles, does that mean it would actually be worthwhile to have a guy sitting backwards in the passenger of whatever vehicle you are driving, to potentially shoot down incoming missiles?

8. Slithzerikai

That would be a grand idea. And if you carry 2 Grenadiers with you in the jeep you can be a high-speed mine deployment unit too.

9. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

High speed mine deployment? Never thought of that one! I'll have to test to make sure the mines don't hit the jeep itself...

10. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Mabye its possible to shoot down artillery shells too? Mabye people should be looking up instead of to the closest shelter.

11. Slithzerikai

Same team mines don't explode when you drive over them as long as I remember?

12. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

It's extremely hard to shoot down a shell with anything other than an arty shell. But if you get double small arty and fire them at the same time, you'll notice that the first one to hit will make the other one explode mid-air.

Mines only explode when an enemy drives/walks over them. Or you place too much.

13. Slithzerikai

I think when turrets for jeeps are in the light tank will be forgotten quickly, since you can load a jeep up with Grenadiers and a Scout, and mess up some base.

14. pixelized

pixelized Member

I like to lead with reactive armor and 3 phase engine. Then again I've always used unconventional tactics. People used to think moving the cv was taboo.

15. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I play best with regen and 3phase. My experience is that in the end it doesnt really matter what armor you have, aslong as you have some, so id rather take an armor that has other plus points, like being able to withstand a certain amount of damage, without exhausting my armor in the long run, or being able to do a hit and run, hide and be able to do it again because my armor regens.

Having the advantage of having the proper counter armor against the enemy tanks gives you a few extra hits resistance, but in the end, most battles get decided by other conditions, not forgetting having to face multiple tanks, or withstanding damage for a long time. Having to retreat after every 2 tanks you take down will not get you anywhere if they are able to defend themselves every time. But I still strongly believe in counters, which I dont see very much atm, most ppl just pick an armor they find works best in most situations and take it as their favourite, I do too, but thats because in pub games theres not much strategy to it, and in clan games it should be about having the more dominant strategy, but if you would know a proper counter in a long game (which this game should be heading towards, long games, imho) then that should give you a big advantage against their research and tank specialization(sp?)

Also I wouldnt say moving the cv is a taboo (lots of ppl would usually go "wtf are you doing comm?" in the first minute of the game and then find out we are pwning the enemy pretty badly), but I usually dont move to much tho, only in the start of the game sometimes for certain strategies, somewhere mid game to get to a safer location and when im in danger. Im too busy following my teammates to think about going out of commandermode

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  16. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Moving the CV early in the game can throw the enemy off-balance on some maps because they're so used to assaulting one area of the map and using the same strategy to destroy it. They have to come up with newer ideas on how to assault it without getting blown to bits, and that can sometimes win a game.

P.S: I just noticed Slitzerikai, how in gods name did you get 100,000,001,258 (one-billion-one-thousand-two-hundred-fifty-eight) posts!?!?!? with 7,461,942 (seven-million-four-hundred-sixty-one-thousand-nine-hundred-fourty-two) posts a DAY?!?!? Do you sit at your computer all day and all night during your free time and spend hundreds of hours on the internet just making short and sometimes offtopic posts, or did you hack the forums? Or is it some kind of insider joke I missed?

17. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

My god, that's 86.345 posts a second! (I'm assuming it's an insider joke).

And about moving the CV. That is a good strategy depending on the map. Usually moving the base involves some kind of sacrifice. I've seen many bases moved into the ruins on duststorm, only to give just about every other area of the map to the enemy. A good comm can use it as a viable strategy.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

well, it's vital on Isle, and I love the strategy. one map I played on canyon, both teams swapped bases near the start, it was great.

19. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

He once went Club Hardball on his postcount and everyone accused him of postwhoring. :p

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Am I the only one suprised that this thread had more than 1000 views, and nearly 60 comments? origionally I posted it because there wasn't much discussion going on in this part of the forums at the time...