Is any engine worth researching instead of coolant?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Private Sandbag, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

de_dust ported over to empires >_>

3 phase is pretty good for arties since you can dodge missles and stuff. Plus for rushes, you gotta need speed so that the enemy can't recoup from the damages you and your buddies caused

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

for arty's who never really worry about overheating, you want Fission because of accellaration >> easy + quick to dodge stuff.

3. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

there is an engine quality that is not mentioned ingame (have to read the scripts to find it). that is every engine has a weight limit assigned to it (eg. 1000 lbs). if that weight is exeded(sp?) (your tank weighs 1250lbs) then its speed is reduced by certain percent that is also dependant on the engine (now you tanks speed is multiplied by .8).

if this were displayed when outfitting your vehicle it would help you choose the best engine for the situation.

4. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

3-phased engine on a light tank let me take out 4 IMP AFV's and a medium tank

when i got a 3-phased on a medium, i took down 12 tanks, 2 of those where heavys and 4 mediums

It's all about speed :)

5. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

yeah but people don't understand that, they all think that the best tank in the game is a heavy tank with nukes and advanced coolant...ITS NOT

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

actually, I think it is.

let's have a battle. my nuke tank with HE rounds and full Composite vs, whatever you want to throw at me.

7. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

The EASIEST tank is a heavy w/ nukes and adv. coolant. Any noob can use it, but it takes skill to make it work RIGHT, which is why you in particular have such an easy time taking them out.

Yeah, LTs with 3-phase are deadly, I just find it sad that some people don't understand how insane they are! Yes, they suffer heat problems, but that's your own damn fault for firing too much and maneuvering too little.

I'd use them myself, but I can't aim on an updaterate of 5. Doesn't work at all.

8. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

LTs with coolant and composite. <3 Fast like hell and you can keep on pumping cannon shells like no tomorrow. :D

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

There is a small problem: only 30 shells. You need to visit armory or make an ammo box.

10. dnc

dnc Member

i think the 3 phase in an apc works, if your doing an apc rush at the enemy base than its vital for getting through the enemys ml's. but also quick tanks that can dodge enemy missiles is also very useful, but i think with tanks its up to the user's preference.... also if you are buying a big tank with a little amount of resources you have to cut back on the your cost's so i will cut the engine for armour and get regen armour....

11. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

bah, best early tank is medium, 2 cannons absorbant and coolant,i call it early arty :)

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

LTs with 3 phase FTW!

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

LT with coolant is leathal. slaughtered is a prime example of this in action.

14. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Then id use a med tank with 3 phase engine, compoosite and regeneritive armour with plasma cannon, plasma mg and bio ml...then after you fire your nuke if you dont kill me ill keep you overheating with plasma weapons whilst killing you with bio, you wont be able to fire your nuke again and youd be lucky to get more than 1 or 2 shots from your he cannon and you probably wouldnt be able to move either

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

nuke BANG.

then me laughing at your corpse.

16. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

but if your nuke misses you dont stand a chance

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

you better pray that I miss.... ;)

18. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

You can fire a nuke even if you only have 1 heat bar left...

It's also a LOT harder to keep someone overheated than you think. I've got a heavy with 3phase, twin plasma cannons and a plasma MG, and a nuke to take em out, (it is the 2nd best engine cooling wise and only 2/s less than adv coolant, so there's no heat problem!) But the guy still popped 2-3 nukes on me cause I can't always use the mg to overheat him. Even adv coolant can't keep up continuous plasma MG fire, so when he got that one little bar of heat dissipated, he just threw another nuke at me and went back into an ovderheated state until I had to take a break from firing.

19. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

but it is easy to keep them from moving, and with you driving circles around them you will never be hit, and even if you are they take the spash from it. and coolant with engi cooling skill can keep up firing till reload comes around.

btw, you cant combine armor the second armor slot is a waste

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

1. O RLY? wow.

2. yeah, if you have something like ranged arty, then even if you overheat, you've cooled enough to fire again by the time your gun is ready to fire again.