Infiltrator 7, Hardcore hiking edition!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blizzerd, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Cept meeee.

Staaaay.

2. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

Wow, we are just getting killed out here, i vote 37, 49.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

sorry guys don't have time to make a post today

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

counting votes

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

After a while, the survivors hold a small vote about what direction to go to next

votes counted, 4 voted for 37 to 49... 2 for 67/78... guys seriously, if i ever do this again im gonna make water sources dissipate if you walk on them once

as the survivors leave the orange site of 50, they hear the yelling of there names by there buddy in the distance... as they keep walking the yelling becomes begging... then crying... then nothing

foxy died alone in the desert
    shame on you, this is some serious bad carma

i will hold this (verbally) against the group in other orange or red spots that require a moral choice :)

Location 37 triggered an orange event :p

haha a fun one, a person got bit by a snake, carrying the person means double water cost for the person offering to carry him for 2 days, the affected person still has to drink, and cannot be the sharer (due to unconsciousness)

randomly generated the affected person is complete_

so yea... a foxy 2.0 perhaps?

as you arrive on 37 if you have a large water bottle, it is now filled with only 5 units, a normal water bottle is now filled to only 3 units (large = 7, normal = 5)

Location 49 is a rubble site,

but you already scavenged it
    however, your lost items seem to be placed there clearly to see by someone unknown, also next to it is a rotten fox carcass, as you pick up your items, each and every one of you feel intense about the situation... what you exactly feel is up to yourself to decide

as you arrive on 49 if you have a large water bottle, it is now filled with only 3 units, a normal water bottle is now filled to only 1 units (large = 7, normal = 5)

Map from 37 to 50

you guys have a full reveal map + you already passed over this location twice afaik

im not gonna draw a new map just for that-__-

also a collective hint:
    i did the math, and with some luck, its still possible to head north-east and survive, but ether way its a risky track and you will be expected to heat trough red terrain, and id say you need to get to the water spot nearby, even if that means another day running around in the desert

if you head all the way back north-west, your chance is kinda worse, counting all the dark grey spots 15/5 you have to pass + 1 orange is a total of 4 to 5 orange against a much shorter route going trough 2 red zones with 1.5 water spare per person spare (to count in a few mishaps at the red spots) before you get to the next blue spot, after that its just 1 red spot and 2 to 3 other spots depending on what end to the story you like

ofc my math can be wrong since i suck at it, but i don't think so since i will make all of your lives a living hell if you back down all the way again to head west + 4 or 5 random loops for added replay value... believe me... there are a lot of greys that can hit orange in that long route, and there are some pretty nasty orange effects left...

also im not sending any more memory thingies because you guys have to be closer to the exit to get more, if you keep going further away from it your not getting any

6. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Brutos 1 l.b. = 1/7 units
    Complete_ 1 l.b. 1/7 units
    Mageknight 1 l.b. 1/7 units
    Hygrom 1 s.b. = 1/5 units
    Recon 1 s.b. = 1/5 units
    Scardy 5/5 units
    Kane 10/10 units

Overall: 20/46 units
    Average: 2,5/5,8 units (calced with +1 for complete_)

Today's (or tomorow, however you look at it) my share,
    1 unit to everyone ... :cool: (beside scardy, he has enough !!:mad::p)

I vote 37,26

I'll carry complete_ with one hand and a yummy fox steak in my other hand ...

Also fox steaks, nomnom ...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  7. complete_

complete_ lamer

adasddadaasdaponiesadasdsadasdasd

8. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I vote 37, 26. Also, I'll give 2 units of water to Complete.

I call dibs on the next water bottle we find. My binoculars are pretty useless now.

I think your math is wrong
    To go NE we have to go from 26 (water spot 1) to 17 (water spot 2), which is 8 spaces away. That means with the 7 people left we would need at least 56 units of water. Using Kane's water calculation:
    We have 46 + 7 (for the one day we can go without water) = 53. Moral of the story = We die of dehydration before we would get there.

Even worse, as far as I can tell, gray = chance of injury, orange = chance of death, red = someone's gonna die. My guess is that going through 2 red spots = at minimum 2 deaths. If that includes someone like Kane, we'd be screwed anyways.

However, if we turn back and go NW, at best we would only have to go through 1 orange spot and at worst it would only be 3-4. We would also pass through several rubble areas where we could pick up some extra water bottles. Frankly, Blizzerd, I don't see how we could have won going any spot but NW to 28 from your map even if we had worked together from the beginning. There are either too many red/orange spots or too few water spots to make any other path viable.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its not fun if its easy, and some dark grey zones are 1 time water sources

you could have all made it if you worked together, but its like those saw games, i conditioned everything for conflict and death even if it was not nessesary to happen

maybe conditioned a bit too much

10. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

But there is only one (78) on the way to 17. Should we chance the entire game on the possibility that its a lucky water spot?

I think people were thinking this was just a modified infiltrator game like the last ones instead of a survival/oregon trail type. It just got worse when you separated people into Brenodi and Jekotia. People played it out like they thought it should, Brenodi and Jekotia as mortal enemies fighting to the death even if both sides lose.

11. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

:3
    Yes, I know ... my water bottles :(

AKA water bottles, last time we were at this rubble site there was 1 small water bottle, i wonder if that disappered? Coyotes don't steal water bottles afaik ;)

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

well, i assumed you guys could trace back in the logs what was where... if you are gonna trace back your steps every day...

i have it all written down on a map what is where, but i did not add in what you guys took and what was left behind so yea i could cross reference and see if that was really left behind once you decide to take it

13. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Since we've retraced the same spots several times over how about we say I 'found' it again and it replaced my binoculars (so I would have 2 small water bottles).

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

fine by me

15. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

I guess we are heading to 37 then to 26 then?

16. communism

communism poof

did i win this round?

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yea, communism wins

: / nah i forgot about this guys

its getting kinda stretchy id say
    still worth it for you guys?

18. Cloud

Cloud Member

Can't we just say they all drop dead?
    You've pretty much already proved that proper teamwork is near impossible :V

19. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Noooooo that's a lieeeeee :o ... .
    How about this, scardy gives us a path and we use the time warp machine just to move all steps at once, until a orange/red field is triggered or rubble site with water bottles visited? :rolleyes:

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

lets do a time warp