Infiltration Round 5: We all live in a BE submarine

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

wrench sems like a clue, and afaik napalm is/was/is pretending to be a plumber so maybe someone from epics

some spelling errors, possibly a clue , or empty is just drunk

black pistol.. hmm do we have a a-a on board?

exploded in pain.. dwarf fortress player?

lead is a metal, however i cant imagine any other pipes than metal ones on a sub (lead is quite heavy ,what is it doing on a sub? :d)

there are no clouds on a sub, unless someone smuggled pot

shot pistol.. someone that keeps playing as gren and is from america or aus seeing how empty only plays there

knifeguy : someone with Cs past ,that sometimes does things for lols

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Wat spelling errors :S

3. Z100000M

the keepa part and one thing more i cant remember now

if its a slang or sth, nvm

btw ,whats the bs about shooting in a sub? i doubt a lead projectile has enough power to pierce a metal construction that can resist massive force, it must be bulletproof

unless we are really on a cheap sub with heavy lead pipes and wooden skeleton

4. Empty

Empty Member

Yes, submarines can take deep undersea pressure. But there's a thing about stuff that can take shitloads of pressure, even a small problem can end up being catastrophic, explosive decompression, in reverse.

Like poking a pin into a balloon, sure the ballon can handle stretching 10 or 12 times it's own size, but one tiny hole and KABLOOEY

5. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

Like flushing a toilet?

(Finding relevent link)
    Edit: Found it
    http://www.uboat.net/boats/u1206.htm

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

[​IMG]

this bridge can carry the weight of a couple tons, but if you would put the pressure onto the underside moving up, you could damage the bridge severely by only a fraction of that

submarine armors are built to keep water out, not to keep stuff from "going out" im not saying a 9mm bullet would kill the sub, it would possibly not even damage the submarine... but then again would you shoot a gun in a room where 90% of the fragile machinery is ether to keep you alive in some way or to keep the machinery that keeps you alive running?

to me its the same as having a gun fight in a tnt bomb hangar

7. Z100000M

i really knew that you guys ould bring the whole phys shit up

I know about it dammit

im just saying that a damn steel construction of a sub would stop a damn bullet (unless be marines are equipped with ion weapons)
    also shooting a even a (high-tech) torpedo wouldnt detonate it(not 100% on that though), i dont know about nuclear reactors, but i think captains office is away from "fragile machinery"

i like the way this thread is going

8. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

the problem isnt that it will pierce the hull, but the pressure from the explosion from the charge in the confined space with recycled air would probably kill or disable people near it

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

I always thought you didn't want to use a gun on a sub because the bullets ricochet. If you don't hit a sensitive piece of equipment you're liable to hit yourself.

10. Z100000M

if you are talking about explosion related to shooting the handgun or from bullet impacting a surface (it doesnt produce gasses , lols) the pressure wouldnt be so great

i cant get the recycled air part. You mean that air in a sub is pressurized? i dont it would make such a great diffrence . If it would incapacitate people using guns, what would be the point of taking them D:

also what scardy said can be true, but i doubt that (sub) marines use ammo that tends to ricochet

also ,what about the buckshot? thats definatelly a standart issue firearm for a marine (maybe for a 17 century one), meaning jekotians somehow smuggled it onboard
    yeah on a nuclear sub that has probably one of the most strict security systems etc. the infils must be the shit

or have really large asses to hide such gear, i wont even bother wondering from what.

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I was afraid of the metal reference.

It's almost as decisive as the sky reference last game pointing to cloud or shadow.

But if you are going to kill me, lets try and find something more clever than "The pipe is metal."

First, you don't smith pipes, you use molds. If anything is going to refer to me, it'd be the knife.

IMO, if you want an almost sure bet for the first kill, lets go with nuttaboy.

The "keepa " reference is the only good reference so far. Nothing else is really too blatant yet, even for me.

lastly, let me point out it's a Pipe Wrench, not a pipe.

In other words, lots of references to the game clue.

Lastly, in my defense, 3 people have jumped on me cause there is a "lead pipe" in this. One of them is nutta boy, who already has a strike against him for that keepa statement, which empty has said is not a typo.

Why do I think this? because they made up "lead pipe" to make it sound more like it is me, even though it is a pipe wrench, not a lead pipe.

IF you feel the need to accuse me, at least make it something good, like I made the knife. but a small fashioned knife is a shank, and I'm sure that empty would have jumped on the chance to make a shanking reference.

In the end, I think one of the other infiltrators is european, as the person couldn't knife empty, presumably from "lag" :D.

who's the laggiest fucker here?

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Metal knife, metal cub (lead), metal wrench, (even a metal shotty pistol hurr)
    Oh and arms made of lead (could also be a hint to the arms of your kitten ava you just used the day before),

I vote metal smith

just a feeling ...

13. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

nvm I are retard

14. Varbles

his name is nattaboy not nuttaboy :confused:

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Surely because empty lives in Australia that means he lags in comparison to everyone. Albeit it could be extra lag if it's a european.

Also, about smuggling the shotty pistol on board. Do we have anyone in the list who is known to play as scout ingame a lot? Because that could be a link.

16. Varbles

scouts dont get shotty pistols

I think we should go with someone acting suspicious instead of trying to discern clues at this point. The metal clues are very suspicious and the lag is probably a clue too, but those are just the nature of the story i guess, just like sand and clouds.

Think about this: aaaaaa50 nominates himself for commander on the grounds that he has been here the whole time or something. Then vulcanis and predom quickly agree and vote him for commander. Remember, the two successful infiltrator wins happened in part because an inf got voted into comm. Theres no reason why it wouldn't work again. Aaaaaa50 also made a really half assed attempt to drop obvious clues that he was base crew. Obviously they were trying to grab the comm again but they didnt realize there was no comm

I still vote for aaaaaa50

17. Varbles

Its Vladimir Putin :pathetic:

18. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

It is logic like that that ruined the last round.

19. Varbles

Oh?
    I wasn't here last round, so please elaborate Melarion.

20. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Metal smith took my vote! but I have a slight feeling switch is going to kill me...