Infiltration Round 1: Dire Straits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jun 23, 2012.

?

Did you enjoy this round?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Fairly sure its trickster

2. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I'm voting paradox, as he is asking me now the second game for my forum pw to prove my innocence, and because he's an asshat.

3. Paradox

This further proves my point that you might be an infiltrators a quadruple epic infiltrators alliance... Faking empathy voting someone who hasnt done any suspitious shit. Trickster fooshi DDD Kane.

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Fooshi isn't even playing and I think Empty would've corrected it if random.org gave out four people who have such an obvious connection.

5. Paradox

Wouldnt that be favoritisme, random is random and then it would become something interesting, epic is pretty ballsy.

6. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I am teh pupp3t m45t0rz!

7. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Nothing suspicious?
    This and asking for my pw (given, this IS the second game in a row) and accusing 3 more or less random ppl from which one ISN'T EVEN PLAYING (I figure even more so in PMs to gain PWs and intelligence of possible special classes or other non game purposes?)
    I'm not saying you gotta be an infiltrator but you're certainly suspicious in more than one way, after all that phishing and since you're so vote happy anyway, I'll happily vote for you, not just for lynching but a ban. Go figure.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

voting for an afk person wouldnt do anything for us.

also we all know the most ballsy person is blizzerd (because he loves balls)

9. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Can dead people still participate? I noticed nothing against ghosts participating in the discussion, though obviously they'd have no vote.

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Since Pair of Docks voted to lynch someone too early in the game, we have to lynch him, right? In that case, I vote Paradox. I don't value Trickster, but lynching people this early isn't advisable.

[​IMG]

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I killed Grant because he ate the bacon. Sorry. I am an infiltrator, saving the bacon from you Brenodi fags.

Also, why on earth would you want to be commander? All you do is make yourself a target. Anyway, I am tempted to vote Predator or Paradox on the basis they're voting me, but they also made their accusation posts very close to eachother, implying that there could be some level of coordination between the 2 of them. Empty may suck, but even he's not blatant enough to put more than HALF my name into his story as a clue, and whilst Grantrithor may be, Predator isn't nearly stupid enough to take that as a clue, so I maybe he's aiming it at me to try and get rid of 2 people in one go. He takes out the guy who suggests me, and uses that as evidence to then get me lynched.

I'm not nearly blind enough to let that shit fly.

ON THE OTHER HAND, if there's anyone that's going to have a familiar voice to Grantrithor, it would actually be Paradox, given they are clanmates. But even that would be a bit blatant. I just don't think the clues are going to be that obvious so as to make it that easy. Including part of someone's name in the story, or saying IT'S HIS FRIEND is just way too obvious. We've all known eachother for ages here, so it could apply to anyone.

So I'm going to hold my vote back until there's something more concrete we can establish. For now at least.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  12. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Oh the night, and unexpected turn, the baconless kitchen saved me!

I've managed to get high on Predator's suspicion list with the bacon and Brutos, wow. I voted Brutos because he's been around forever rather than any practical reason. Trickster would have just instakilled Paradox and I find his approach unfitting that of an infiltrator's.

Also do consider that it's not just infiltrators that vote but also the scout and rifleman. Don't rule that out.

But with all being said I vote to lynch Trickster I don't know who yet. Need to think this through.

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I still do not get what is the profit of not lynching.
    Sure, we get one less random death, but we remove the only way of killing infils except for riflemen. Sticking around waiting for more clues is not going to get us very far. Clues that are obvious are deemed too obvious, and the
    small one can discarded by calling bs. Also I dont believe that grant got whacked because he was on a good trail, it's more likely that he got killed because he got it all wrong and now all the sheep will pin shit on his picks.

In before Burn the freethinking heretic scum.

Ewwwww.

Also, possilby, wrong. I mentioned that infil-1 kill mechanic twice in this round, and empty never said anything about it. Its not mentioned in the first post, but I'd stick around for him to finally confirm or not.
    If that mech is in effect, then killing an afk inf is great. Not to mention that leaving a dormant bomb like that is a pretty stupid idea.

All in all, I'd say we lynch one of the afk's. If he is an infil then thats good for us, and if he is not, then he wasnt about to help anyway.

14. Paradox

I still think its trickster but I'll retract my vote.

15. Trickster

I don't know if I agree with that. Base crew lose if there are more infiltrators than them, and lynching someone without good reason just means that we're putting ourselves one man down needlessly. It essentially means they can win a day earlier. There is a cost to killing people off, even if it isn't as great as it was when the infils could kill 3/4 people each night. I did check with Empty and they do only get one kill per night. Rifle gets one, and then we get one. If there's 17 of us now, take away the 4 infils, then minus the 5 needed to outvote them, that leaves a surplus of just 8 people. If the rifle killed a base crew, and we lynched a base crew, and the infils obviously kill an base crew, then it's over in 3 nights flat, and if we take the fact that there are 2 AFKs into account, that's 2 nights. The last thing we need right now is less people. At the very least, we could risk getting the AFKs back in to try and turn it around later if shit goes south.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I will wait for empty to officially confirm the one night-one kill mechanic.

If it is true, than indeed killing an afk inf doesnt accomplish much. The situation you descibed is outright worst case scenario, in which rifle never gets a good hit and no infils die. That is very improbable. Not to mention, rifle seems to not be a retard[ or he can be one of the afk guys].

17. Paradox

Trickster is trying too much to not lynch people whilst he got 2 votes. I'm voting trickster again.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

I feel like we should lynch Candles. Which means he's not an infiltrator.

Still considering.

19. Trickster

Does anyone remember AstroArchitect (Satanchild) from the old rounds?

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

I think what you can't see is the threat. And what you can't see is some people's posts.

Let's lynch Dz.

With Grantrithor found dead, he decided to hold back on the treat as it was not fit to eat with yet another soul flying around unhappy from premature death. He was right about evil lurking in the darkness, and was glad it wasn't him who was shot, however selfish it sounded. However it also meant that the threat got more real. Two people in two nights? It could NOT possibly end well. He put a sticker on the kitchen fridge saying Treat inside, don't steal food from fridge and went off about his own business.