Infiltration Round 1: Dire Straits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jun 23, 2012.

?

Did you enjoy this round?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

That still makes him a traitor to the cause.

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

the infiltrators try to make life harder on the ship, getting morale down and getting people to get suspicious and paranoia, whats the best way to do that? STEAL ALL THE BACON AND EAT IT. KILL HIM BRUTOS. Ib4 I get killed.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Don't kill me or paradox I want to experience the full potential of using 2 accounts.

4. Paradox

don't tell them ya idiot.

5. Empty

Empty Member

Night's over.
    Writing story post. too late to send target pms.

6. Empty

Empty Member

Alone in his quarters, Grantrithor pored over the details of the previous nights killing.

He'd marked out anything that seemed important on his notebook and tried to find the links.
    Empty had been shot twice, but retaliated in between, his pistol was missing one round. There was blood on the catwalk that couldn't have come from Empty judging by the angle, he'd hit his assailant, from the ground in retaliation. There was also visible bruising on Empty's face, someone or something had hit him but what. There had to be a link...
    Who would have the balls to take Empty on? He clearly hadn't been shot in cold blood, he'd had a chance to fight back... Who'd be stupid enough, or ballsy enough to do that?
    Grantrithor sighed. None of it added up. Names popped through his head, many fit but not all fit completely.
    There came a knock on his cabin door.
    Grant reached for his pistol, a small 9mm standard issue, he'd never used it before, never cared much for the firing range, Grant wasn't a soldier, he was just a technician but he felt in his gut that now was the time he needed the small gun the most.
    He sidled up to the door.
    "Who the fuck's out there?"
    "Someone you can trust." a familiar voice, muffled through the door reached his ears.
    He unlocked the door, but before he could reach to open the handle the door was slammed open, 3 men burst in. The door smacked into Grantrithor's shoulder, knocking him to the ground, his pistol flew out of his hands and under his bunk.
    "You always were a stupid one Grant, but stupid is useful to me.
    You're stupid and loud though, if you keep yelling out random crap someone will believe you, regardless of it's grounds in reality. You're a loose end and in the end whether you figured it out or not you're a danger to our plan, and I can't have that." stated the leader coldly. He pulled out a heavy calibre pistol and levelled it to Grantrithor's forehead.
    "Wait!" he yelled.
    The jekotian pulled the trigger and the last thing to run through Grantrithor's mind was a 45. calibre hollow point round, which promptly embedded itself in the steel floor of his cabin.

Day Two has begun, begin your lynch vote.

(any votes for not lynching anybody will be treated as though no vote has taken place, IE even if 90% of you vote against lynching anyone, if one person has even 1 vote they will be killed. Infils can abuse this so all base crew are recommended to vote to dilute the infil influence!)

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

lol is someone afk?

8. Empty

Empty Member

4th guy was probs lookout or some shit I dunno I just tell you guys what I see.

I can't get the best angles being a ghost doncherknow.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

>(any votes for not lynching anybody will be treated as though no vote has taken place, IE even if 90% of you vote against lynching anyone, if one person has even 1 vote they will be killed. Infils can abuse this so all base crew are recommended to vote to dilute the infil influence!)

its easy, we lynch no-one unless someone voted to lynch someone...

anyone who votes gets lynched by rifleman or next vote ... there simply is not enough data to kill someone yet, the only one to gain from it is the infiltrators this early in the game

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I died valiantly, as a crazy conspiracy theorist and a martyr.

11. complete_

complete_ lamer

a ghoast

12. Empty

Empty Member

I'm sad to see you go, your posts were very entertaining to read :)
    +10 browny points to grant for whatever it's worth.

13. Paradox

can we multiple vote?

14. Empty

Empty Member

I assume you mean put a vote for more than 1 person.

No.

15. Paradox

I'm voting trickster, kill him, the gun he used was bigger than grant his gun , he readded the bigger pistols. + they go way back and are kind of bro's+ grant gave him shit and now he's dead...

the 45 gun is bigger reference to trickster bigging up the pistols.

ps: a familiar voice=> mic , trickster his voice can't be confused with anyone else his voice.

16. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Kinda sad grant, yeah, but on the other hand you ate all the bacon, so it's not like you're missed by anyone here ... :skull:

17. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Since I'm not going to be around for a while now I might as well try to predict stuff now and see if how wrong or right I was later.

Grant was probably killed because he was onto something so examining his post a little more closely might be a good idea.
    Ikalx is a pretty solid guess but I am not sure. Trickster? It's pretty suspicious that no one voted him commander considering he is known for being a leader, if he is an infiltrator though, he could've told the other fags to not vote him and jump on the Brutos bandwagon. Speaking of which, why did Destroyer vote Brutos instead of Trickster? Trickster is his clan leader and afaik he looks up to him so why? Also note that Trickster got kind of defensive with that BECAR thing and was pretty quick to change subject and deflect it with sarcasm + Destroyer coming to his help with his kitchen thing which Trickster quickly exploited to steer the convo towards bacon.

With that said, I don't think Brutos is an infiltrator. Being a commander would not bring advantage to them, it would put one of them into spotlight. And if he(the comm) is doing a good job, it's expected that he will be killed by the infiltrators and if he is doing a bad job he will most likely get lynched. It's a lose-lose for infiltrators. Of course this doesn't prove that he is innocent but it makes you think, no?

There were three infiltrators in the text which could mean one of them wasn't active. Wealthy and Hygrom both haven't logged in since before we started.
    Further evidence is that Empty pointed out that it's too late to send targets which could mean that someone didn't send one.

As for Paradox. Grant was oddly happy about getting his acc and about the potential it posed, potential of being both infiltrator and base crew perhaps? Although this last one is mostly me being paranoid.

onto Empty's text

"He clearly hadn't been shot in cold blood, he'd had a chance to fight back... Who'd be stupid enough, or ballsy enough to do that?"
    Who indeed? Perhaps someone who is stupid and ballsy enough to take on the empires code, Brutos? Or Blizz perhaps for for being openly gay?
    Blizzard has been suspiciously trying to stop the bloodshed and tries too much to prevent lynching.

The leader's dialoge once again reminded me of Trickster, being a mastermind and the "leader".

To sum it up, my guesses are: Trickster, Destroyer, Blizzard and one of the afk guys.

I'm voting Trickster.

18. Paradox

Faking empathy?

19. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

First, i want to say i'm very sorry, Grant. Secondly, i hope our Scout has checked Brutos for infiltration!

Third point: AFK Check!

1. PredatoR[HUN] 7
    2. McGyver 3
    3. Paradox 14
    4. Z100000M 8
    5. Grantrithor 8
    6. complete_ 6
    7. Candles 1
    8. wealthysoup 0
    9. D.D.D. Destroyer 10
    10. Ikalx 2
    11. -=]Kane[=- 5
    12. PreDominance 4
    13. ImSpartacus 7
    14. LordDz 2
    15. Hygrom 0
    16. Brutos 5
    17. Blizzerd 7
    18. Trickster 5

I'm sure that atleast one of the infiltrators is afk. That means Hygrom or wealthysoup (or both) is one of them. Lets check the hints against them.

Also Paradox, why you rush for a vote? If you vote, we have to lynch someone this round.

20. Paradox

Nice on the DDD , I was thinking DDD trickster fooshi andK another one cause they mentioned they were Friends and grant only has those 3 on his friebdslist.

And they use their mic = familiaar voice.