Infantry Scripts Tests, Tuesday 16th & Saturday 20th

Discussion in 'General' started by Empty, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Pretty sure a total apc spam is night unwinnable against.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Scripts are live on the server. Refer to instruction post above on how to join.

3. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Motherfucker I'm at work right now >:|

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Empty, you better watch out. Candles has been on the borderline of hulking out for the past week or two. Don't trigger him or you're paying for the reupholstery.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

My 50 cents on this.

BEHR is too strong. Empty doesnt agree with me because he likes the gun and everyone else likes the gun. The problem in this is the gun is too versatile and too good in anybodies hands, anygood rifleman here can attest BEHR is by far the best gun in the game in every single range except close since the shotgun was introduced. The accuracy is fucking pinpoint and is more accurate in every stance and by a large margin then the BEAR which should not be a thing since BEAR is a mid-long range weapon.

What I suggest

Keep everything the BEHR is but make it so the bullet damage drop is slightly lower then bear mid range but insanely lower long range.

Make BEAR extremely accurate triple fire, like 3 bullets on the dot, but super slow ROF. Like real slow.

This is how u make empires guns good again, make rifles specialize whilst smg are versatile low damage.

YALL NEED TO GIET GUD TO MAKE GAME GUD NIGGUHS

6. Empty

Empty Member

Test was highly successful.
    Things that are happening because of this:

BEMP reload animation is getting fixed
    BEMP damage is going up
    BEMP accuracy is going down
    BEHR and NFAR damage will be tweaked.
    HMG damage will be nerfed.
    Shotgun damage will be buffed
    Scout rifle accuracy will be buffed
    I'm considering buffing scout damage resistance slightly.

I am looking forward to saturday. I really want to get a 10v10 on a commander map, if possible, so please try and be there. Thanks for testing everyone, it was fun and everything was working really well.

7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm a scrub and prefer the nfar over the behr.

Anyways, for the most part everything was pretty good. You might want to lower the damage of the smg3 a tad, it's hard to say though because it feels very funky when you move and shoot. As you know the hmg and be's semiauto shotgun needs a bit of a damage nerf. I don't know how I feel about the smg1 yet, I agree that it is nice that it can shoot while standing, but I got a good feeling it's gonna be incredibly frustrating to fight against when they have a wall up and are spamming the rax with nades. Hitting that pixel wide head is just horrible.

I still don't really like the shotgun, I felt like it was just fine before everyone decided to fiddle with it. I really think it simply works better with more pellets and less damage. That way you can keep a wider fire angle yet it you'll still do a bit of damage even if you were kinda off. That or lower the cycle time, it's a very unforgiving weapon to use really.

I think the scout being the pushy offensive type is actually a good idea.

8. Empty

Empty Member

I'm going to play with grenade timers, I think if I lower rifleman nade timers down to 1-2 seconds you'll be able to nade out engineers pulling that BS.

I'll probably end up lowering SMG1 damage but I dont want it to feel like it's shooting spitballs, engineers deserve to have fun too so I'd like their signature weapon to be good. The goal is if engineers are walling up and assaulting your rax, you can either go gren and mortar them out, rifle and pixel snipe, engineer and place your own walls and start a trench war, or go scout and tank the fire while sprinting forward, get behind their trench and unload.

We'll see though. I'm nervous for larger maps, but close to mid range is working great.

9. Empty

Empty Member

Alright I've made changes for saturday:

10. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Empty - sorry about discussing tank balance. My bad. Subject of thread shows that is obviously out of place. Thanks for letting me vent.

I don't think Scout rifle should be single shot kill and headshot should do 100 damage. I'd like to survive if I have 130.

Shotgun should also not be single shot unless three feet away, occasionally even killing more than one person in single shot. But I do think shotgun should be same for both BE and HE. Not sure if the speed of fire and number of rounds needs to be different and if so why?

I do think Engineers should be support, and weaker than riflemen and grens. It helps nubs enjoy the game, now that they are one shot kills, but a nub lying in a corner as an engineer should not get single shot kills.

I feel the same about punch skill. We have too many people running through barracks punching everyone to death with one punch kills. Who'd think a fist is more powerful than a rifle or pistol and reloads faster.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Lethal frags hype!

12. Empty

Empty Member

One shot headshot range is around 10m. Outside that you need 2 headshots.
    Health upgrade will always save you from the headshot unless you're rifleman.

Melee upgrade is just silly but so is melee in general. I don't see it as regular balance because it's so retarded. If it gets balanced to have proper prediction etc it'll be fine.

Also play with the new shotguns before you discuss their balance. I don't mind theorycraft, but trust me they are definitely not insane (especially compared to vanilla empires)

13. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Gotcha - my comments were on Spartapires, not your mods. One more thing on punch, seems people fists can be 30 meters long.

I missed the testing, but will monitor any other tests and jump in.

14. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Just so you know, shorter grenade timer means the grenade can't be used to take out MG turrets out of their range.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

How many frags do you even need for a turret? Five?

16. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I don't think we need a shorter grenade timer. If you hold the left button down while holding the grenade, that shortens the timer. Good for hitting turrets mounted on walls or rocks. They can't pick the grenade up if you don't wait, so they will scramble out of the hole, at which point you mow them down.

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Six.

Also speaking of five, if you see an enemy engineer right next to his turret, throw exactly five seismic grenades will still kill it.

18. Empty

Empty Member

ehh I'll risk it.

they go off pretty far from you and you can still pull that sprint forward throw nade, hit the moon bullshit.

19. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Pick the grenade up?

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

Hey, *I* am the CODkid around here!